EQ PVP Big Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hane, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maneuvre Augur

While you conducted your research, I'm surprised you didn't see the second post ever on this forum was in fact: "Petition for TLP PVP Server" dated Oct 23, 2012 by Rykkerrz.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?forums/time-locked-progression-servers.21/page-454
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/petition-for-tlp-pvp-server.793/

Go figure it was shut down then, maybe that mod got fired. But after reading that, I really do appreciate your patience dreamweaver, thank you.

But my dear Zek... have my people really been asking for a PVP TLP since 2012???

[IMG]

Another one from 2013... https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/new-server-should-be-zekk-pvp-tlp.3704/

smh
  2. Kittany Augur

This guy right here. It's almost funny, he's so far down the hate hole that he can't even recognize sympathy and compassion when he sees it. It takes a really special person to be so obsessively hateful that they have to go out of their way to justify the bigotry.

PVPLulz, please, go back to whatever rock you crawled out from because you're doing nothing here but being a grade A spiteful, rancorous and vindictive a_moss_snake01
    ECrack and Maneuvre like this.
  3. Angered Augur

you guys still going at it rofl let it go
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

You might want to give it a rest or you'll get banned, too. Or at least suspended. I don't mean that you are saying anything flagrant but you're being reported for every PVP spam post you make.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

Sorry, ignore my previous (I can't edit it). I'm a dope. I forgot we're in the Big PVP Thread. Carry on!
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The PvP community could have been asking every day since 2008 - if there are only a tiny handful of them it would not have mattered one iota, not then, not now nor at any time inbetween

Passion is laudable, but in the face of the reality that there are just too few of you PvP bois you just aren't a niche community that is big enough to be economically viable to cater to.

aka - not enough of you to remotely matter to the business.

I would personally have enjoyed an EQ RvRvR server, but what's the point if it cannot even muster a small server population? on Zek you barely had enough to fill a few groups show up & that's with most of the numbers being boxed characters.

Y'all deluded.
  7. Kittany Augur

Hate to break it to you, if we used that logic for other things DPG's have done, by all rights, the pop locked TLP shouldn't exist. It too was only supported by a very small percentage of the community population.

I seem to remember the naysayers against it existing was vastly more numerous than for those who supported its creation; That is if the forums are of any indication of popularity.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Pop-locked community was orders of magnitude bigger & more populous than the TLP PvP community, you are comparing Apples to Fridges they are that different.
  9. Kittany Augur

All things considered, the PvP section of our community has not had much of a presence since the Zek's was merged. I'd say around 98% of that population left EQ and or went onto other games.

So I'd argue that it's like comparing oranges and tangerines.
  10. Tsuaruanni Elder

Only a handful of people want a PVP TLP. 2-3 of them bumping this thread when it gets way down the page doesn't change that.

Lot more than that were asking for a locked server.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. jiri_ Augur

Plus, there was a locked server and it had to be closed for technical reasons. Devs have been pretty consistent in saying they'd consider a PVP TLP if the population on Zek was high enough.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Kalipto Augur

I really support this idea. I think the OP has a ton of really solid points on why a PVP server would be a lot of fun. All the "blue issues" especially. How annoying is it when an a-hole botting boxer comes in and just takes your camp? sure they can still do it, but you at least have a chance to fight.

The main (and seemingly only complaint) about this idea that people have is that "EQ PVP is bad". No duh it's bad. It's not balanced into the ground like every other MMO in the world. EQ allows a class to have advantages and disadvantages. It's not balanced for solo play but for groups. I just see that as a really invalid point on the topic.

So now I hope to see a PVP-FV (one char per account) TLP server.
  13. Angered Augur

=(

The main (and seemingly only complaint) about this idea that people have is that "EQ PVP is bad". No duh it's bad. It's not balanced into the ground like every other MMO in the world. EQ allows a class to have advantages and disadvantages. It's not balanced for solo play but for groups. I just see that as a really invalid point on the topic.

^ Seems legit and why people wont play! ROFL LET IT GO

[IMG]
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This point of view is woefully idealistic & detatched from logic.

Anyone thinking PvP would solve any botting issues clearly doesn't understand the problem, a TLP with PvP wouldn't see any automated Krono farming in open world like blue servers because the krono farmers wouldn't be interested in such a stupidly low population server to begin with - even if we entertain the delusion that a PvP server would have enough players to be profitable there wouldn't have been a damn thing any PvP player could do about 99% of it as these players would all be hiding in AoC instances where your leet PvP bois skills don't mean jack.

On top of that, what makes you think that "even if" a big enough PvP population existed (it doesn't) that the automators wouldn't be crafting a solution to enable them to easily deal with the odd annoying PvP player who wants to interrupt their krono farming? Unless you are bringing somewhere near even numbers they'll steamroll right through you, maybe not at the start, but they'll adapt pretty fast I would be willing to bet, then how much more annoying will it be to get steamrolled by a botter but also killed by them in seconds with 6/12/18/24 v1 automated lethality, bunch of SK all HT you at the same time, several wizards all dropping synchronised nukes on your head - that fight you think you will have would be completely one-sided demolition & domination.
    code-zero likes this.
  15. Maneuvre Augur

[IMG]

Hey now that sounds familiar! Stay positive. Thanks for sharing.

16. ECrack Augur

Wow this thread is big. Wow, it's been on the front page of the forums every single day for... idk, literally every time I look at it. Pretty crazy how popular this thread is. I'm really blown away something so huge and the public out cry, better yet DEMAND for is so large and it hasn't happened yet. I hope the Dev's are okay. Sending my love and prayers to them during this horrible pandemic.
  17. Warpeace Augur

I'm sure this plan would go well with subscription retention.
  18. Arclyte Augur

im quoting you just so I can see this image again

LOL :)
    Angered and code-zero like this.
  19. ECrack Augur

20. ECrack Augur

Me too, my favorite part is only one person laughed and he got 2 gay pride flags. The big 3 supporters he has in this. The laugh was probably Skuz and the flags were Angered and PvPlulz. Hahahaha
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.