New - Can I progress from f2p /p2p?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Anti, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Anti New Member

Hello!

I just got the game downloaded yesterday and started a Bard on Bertoxxulous. I have played in the past(long ago) and only had a 46 warrior.

I'm just progressing through the tutorial in the mines right now trying to relearn some of the basic controls. I'm just wondering if this server is good for me on the westcoast or if that matters.

Also I'm considering giving the game a 3 month sub to play around with. If I sub should I be on one of the special servers? I'm just trying to get some direction before I commit to a server.

Thanks
  2. jiri_ Augur

It depends on the experience you're looking for.

All the live servers are very top-heavy. There's not much of a population below, say, level 100. There's a lot to do as a F2P player, but most of it is concentrated at the lower levels, and you'll be doing it solo. Eventually, you'll hit a bit of a cap.

As a P2P player, you'll be a bit more powerful with a higher ceiling. If you want to try a progression server, Mangler still has a pretty reasonable population of low-level players; it's not full by any means but there are groups to be had. Whether that will change by the summer when the new TLPs come out is still up in the air. If you decide to stay on Live, you can pick whichever server seems best. FV is popular for increased experience rates, and Bristlebane has a higher-than-normal population, so those might be options to look at. There's also the Heroic characters granted if you sub (I think!) during the anniversary period. You'll get one at level 85, with some gear and AAs.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I would stay on live and stay free and mess around creating different characters and trying different Live servers till you find a nice combo.

Then if you like the combo you could get it up to level 80 or higher then go paid. Most of the AA, armor, skill etc are underdeveloped below level 80 ish so you don't gain much by being a paid account at low levels.

We cannot say which server is best for you since so much depends on play style and times. For example there is an entirely different group of players on my server after about 4pm. I see their names and am like "who the heck is that?" :D I, however play totally different times than they do so they probably don't know me either. So pick a server and play on it - even during weekends - to see how the population is.

TLP servers are very "special" - if you like that kind of play style - slow/torturous/camp stealing/bot farming/guild infighting/ anguish....yeah a lot like the original EQ!!!. I tried it after returning years ago but its not for me so I don't really have anything good to say about them.

PS P2P is not really used in EQ as much as in other games. Its kinda beneath us:D;)o_O
  4. Sonus New Member

I think P2P = Pay To Play
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

yes it does:D and a lot of players take offense at the label that one might need to purchase stuff in EQ to get ahead.