Upcoming Overseer Changes

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

The silence is deafening.

Not the best two days in everquest history... the raid fiasco yesterday and now this bs.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. rawr80 New Member

I've started coming to the understanding that the devs don't actually play the game. Just make changes on the data generated. Instead of seeing it for themselves.
  3. Moege Augur

Does not seem that way, clicked a few on test and you still get offered the xpac choice then collectible choice but that is test ... live may be different only Bertoxx knows.
  4. Pikollo Augur

Any word on if we are allowed to do chargebacks?
  5. VandilIzer Augur

This is just insane levels of dumb. The cost of these things is madness with this nerf, was the goal to 100% make this system useless? Weeks, months of doing these tasks now every day for a single reward that really wasn't even that amazing anyway. The whole dev team is so out of touch its almost funny... almost.
  6. Nylrem Augur

I am guessing these changes are all due to TLP server stuff?

Because, on live servers, the rewards are 'meh' at best...

I thought it was to allow players to catch up... I did the overseer quests on all 7 accounts, traded the coin to my newest alt druid, to be able to purchase the rez stick, if/once got enough players to do the vox raid and be flagged to purchase it, and to me, that was the coolest thing about the whole thing, get the brews without doing all the work of running 32 group missions for the druid...

With the new cost of brews, and being no trade coin, it'd be faster to run the 32 missions (which I wouldn't be willing to do, for an alt).

I don't care that much about ornamentations.

I'm one that picks up about every collectible I see, as I'm running around doing stuff, and selling all my extras in baz for as much as I can get for them.

After the rez stick, what I'd likely be spending coin on was the rez tokens, now. But with the HUGE increase to cost of them, I doubt I'll even spend the few minutes a day to bother with it. For what, 1 token or less per week? Meh, not even worth it.

Frankly, I just don't see where this has any ability to help lower toons 'catch up' at all.

The extra 5%-10% reg xp they could get per day, I guess, is what this is based off of?

If that's the case, the reg xp rewards need bumped up, by a lot, for lower toons. Like at least triple. Let below level 105 toons earn 30% reg xp per day, with overseer.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Bardan Masquerader Journeyman

Didn't take DBG long to murder the money grabbing & already boring Overseer System.

Hey, how about actually creating some original content & gear for EQ instead of wasting the teams time on probably the most underwhelming addition to this game since the Epic 2.5 quest. Anyone else tired of the same old armor rewards with copy and paste stats/effects? Anyway, until then the majority of us will be LFG in a world of 6 boxers.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. warador New Member

the only reason I would be interested in this is to get a few of the current collections that have been alluding me now I cant get current collections so no reason to use it
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

A lot of that depends on who is reading / implementing that feedback.

A couple devs are (or used to be, I spent a bit of time krono farming on tlp's and came back mostly to test out overseer and some tov stuff, so I dont know if that holds up anymore) fantastic with how they handle feedback and bug reports from Test.

And others basically ignore all the feedback to push their own vision, regardless of people going "this is awful, oh god why did you do that please dont do that, this is a really awful idea, and we've been accepting of 'mostly bad' ideas for a long time" (which was basically all the overseer feedback we heard on test outside of the one or two people who absolutely loved it)
  10. Fian Augur

I think the biggest issue is the overpriced items with the new design. They are pricing McKenzie Brews as if it is level 85, and people are skipping running the MM because Overseer is an easier path to earn the brews. It makes sense you would want to make it more difficult in that situation. However, on the other extreme, you have people on Live servers that are 115. They have no interest in spending the next 2 years running OverSeer missions to try and collect the brews, and very limited options to actually find people willing to run the Monster Missions. For those, OverSeer should be the best path to collecting the brews.

So what is the solution?
    1. Set an expansion required to purchase certain items from the vendor. Don't make the brews available when MM are being regularly used.
    2. Like TBM currency, you should alter the rewards based on level. A level 115 should earn more OverSeer currency than a level 85. That way, OverSeer can function as it was intended - a way to catch up on old content, not a way to outfit your character with the latest gear.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

In the past chargebacks have caused insta-bans. I would not recommend that course unless you want to deal with all of the consequences.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. calianeeye New Member

I'm definitely not happy with this nerf. Why would you attempt to drive away the few remaining customers you have that aren't bot armies …. paid for by us normal players who can't get items unless we purchase them from said bot armies ?? Do you seriously think we like you instituting things only to rip them away days after ? You must know people like me stopped reoccurring payments after we logged in. NICE JOB! … not so much. VERY Disappointed
    SmellyFinger likes this.
  13. calianeeye New Member

I've known people to do that when they quit … hurts EQ massively I don't suggest doing it.
  14. rawr80 New Member

Has anyone yet filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau? Always helps to let them know and it enough do it should see something good out of it. Each state has there own. I would spread the word.
  15. yodo Augur

The BBB is a bigger scam than overseer.
    Zanarnar, Skuz, enclee and 2 others like this.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

Just claimed the rewards from quests I started AFTER the patch. All were quests that reward collectible dispensers...spread across three accounts.

9 successes (1 crit)
    0 failures

EVERY dispenser crumbled to dust (even the one off of the crit).

9 successes...9 "crumbles to dust."

That's some serious bullpoo right there.

This system is f'ing worthless now
    SmellyFinger likes this.
  17. Mopman New Member

Have had the same results about 9 straight failures when I rush the collection event and at least 3 or them where 50 % . So 25% x 6 + 50 % x 3 = bloody useless !
  18. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

By doing this you have invited the Government to get involved in this game because you have made the item into loot box. Because there is no longer a 100% chance of the person getting what they wanted for spending their money, you have changed this into gambling, period.
    The all of the TS rewards give an overabundance of Ores and Silks for the plate, chain and silk classes, but no or next to no pelts for leather. Though is problem is not limited to Overseer though leather drops have been extremely lacking since the team moved away from the original promise of how global TS drops were stated to work, where humanoids would have fairly equal chances to drop all three, golems and similar constructs would drop ore exclusively, all insects, arachnids, and hybrids of them would drop silks exclusively, and all animals would drop pelts exclusively (and even then it was still lopsided towards silk and ore since those were always easier to farm exclusively). It is however most apparent in how the TS items are listed in the rewards of Overseer.

Plus as someone else stated, you could only ever get a single collection item as a reward the change to them was utterly stupid.

Also, for the love of all that is holy, list the Expansions in all of the reward lists in the order the expansions released rather than at random.

Not that it matters though, as I don't think anyone will be using it anymore since it was made utterly worthless in every area it was meant to help with.
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

we've already decided to change this. Not because of the Governor/gambling thing but because we think it's a bad user experience.
    With the exception of Velious, where I did give more ore because it's used in so many things, WAY more than pelts (since you need it to make the "dust") pelts are given at the same number as ore, and wood. (Silk is 8X but you need 8X to make the same thing that you need leather for)
    Nope! you could get up to 6. But you had to be higher overseer levels to see that amount. A few people were starting to see 2 sometimes. Before the change.

That seems to be a bug. I have them in order in data, and have the system telling them to be in order in the data (We have a display order column in data), but... it's not :/
    Jhenna_BB, eepok and Yinla like this.
  20. Warpeace Augur

Seems like a hot mess, whats the fix to not piss paying members off and lose additional money?