Class Power rankings per Expansion?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Arclyte, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

:rolleyes:
  2. TLP Addict Augur

I don't think the OP is that far off the mark. Enchanters really are in a class of their own.

Move Magicians up to A tier as they are probably the most reliable DPS besides monks (who may be busy pulling).

Move Warriors up to A due to being required raid tanks once they get defensive in Kunark.

SK's are good but not A tier, they are extremely popular for their grouping/solo prowess but in a raid guild there's usually too many and they just end up further diluting the plate drops. They bring less utility than a Paladin which there is often a shortage of.

Merge B and C tiers, drop SKs in there, bring Druids up, they are a versatile class if played well, it's mostly idiots that level them as port/pl boxes that give the mains a bad name.

Rogues really do need help in the first few expacs and belong in a bottom tier of their own.
  3. Xhartor Augur

In Classic have better threat spells then Paladins. Clinging Darkness is 20 mana with a 4 second recast vs Stun being 35 mana with a 12 second recast. Given the limited mana regen of that era, it makes a difference. CD considerable lower level, which make life easier at the start. Paladin

In Kunark SK have the advantage on a raid of impressive burn dps with unholy aura.
  4. Arclyte Augur

What spells do Paladins and SKs use to keep aggro in classic? Disease cloud/snare for SK and stun/blind for Paladin right?
  5. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Disease cloud is no longer a large aggro spell. SKs use Clinging Darkness and Heart Flutter if Clinging alone isn't cutting it.

I guess Paladin use Flash of Light, Root, and Stun.
  6. jiri_ Augur

I've never played a monk and not been the puller, unless there's another monk or a bard in the group, and the bard is uncertain.

I don't think oversaturation should play a role here. Yeah, there are too many SKs and too few paladins, but a lot of that is because SKs are just a little bit better. SKs are probably overvalued and paladins undervalued, but that doesn't mean they have the same value.

Full agreement. They're real bad. Is there an AA that could be made an ability using their existing skills that would help?
  7. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Rogues are in bad shape early on because of their need for gear beyond just the poor scaling of the class. They don't just need 1 weapon but 2 weapons, and one of them needs to be piercing. Classic and Kunark daggers pre Epic 1.0 are just all bad. Rogues would need a serious low level skill rework to compete with Monks.
  8. Ebine Augur

Enc in GoD expansion are a mix bag there. If its a zone they can charm in they are #1
    If its a zone they can't charm in they are pretty much last on TLP
    During those zones on Live it was different they were needed for CC
    On TLP almost everyone is at or close to BiS so TLPs are different
    Monk with BiS items can beat an enchanter DPS with pet easy in OOW
    when pets got nerfed. Pets say they lost power in GoD when you charm but not
    by very much. The pooka is the most powerful Charm pet in terms of DPS during era.
    They even take mage pet toys.

I would also think charming on any server before mangler was easier.
    Mangler would have been a little harder because you didn't have spell
    haste. That said if your playing with a well played pally or cleric it shouldn't
    be that much harder.

Enc on raid on TLP
    There a mix bag use a pet to much on raid in TLP and you will be dead quickly.

One other note on druids. If you get someone who plays a good druid they can do pretty good
    CC root park. I think to many people play druids for port money that don't know how to play
    the class as well as it should be played.

Bards in C tier is a bit off. I have seen some amazing solo things they can do.
  9. Blastoff Augur

Wiz wins parse on most fights classic-luclin barring the fights in classic(posky only) they can't land nukes. They're completely dominant in most of kunark and all of velious/luclin.
  10. jiri_ Augur

Maybe rogue-only daggers in Classic and Kunark need their damages increased.
  11. yerm Augur

Your necros are bad.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

*Your necro is bad.

Fixed that for you. Hope this helps.
  13. Blastoff Augur

Your wizards are bad.
  14. TLP Addict Augur

My dad can beat your dad in a fite
  15. Zansobar Augur

Is there a reason they can't just increase the backstab damage attribute on piercing weapons? Only rogues can backstab so that should do the trick without increasing the normal damage of the weapons. In the end Rogues "should" be top melee dps in the game bar none given pretty much that is the only roll they have and that their damage is positional. Instead, Monks are tops dps for as many expansions as I would ever play the game. I've never understood why the devs let the classes get so out of whack in the early expansions that are played exclusively by the majority of their subscribers.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

Probably because they would have to revisit every weapon manually. Someone suggested rogue-only augs. That seems to make the most sense.
  17. ajschliewe Elder

Rogues get a big boost in GoD and then moving on. They will be consistently at the top of the parse right there with monks for the #1 dps spot.
  18. The real Sandaormo Augur

TLP: who cares. Warriors shoot up that list in current content and raids of any level.
    Hard to lump classes like this, player skill, attentiveness, drive etc etc still matter.
    Enchanter that is lazy or watching TV is a worthless toon to have even if they are S class or where ever you want to put them.

It all comes down to the player behind the toon.
  19. yerm Augur

Did you really bump a half year old thread just to say who cares about the topic?
    Skuz and Tweakfour17 like this.
  20. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Adetia can you please give him some shiny keys or something he seems to be lost.