Classic-Velious open from day 1

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dakotou, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Kpom New Member

Who want PoP+ can just join Mangler.
    New server must be CLASSIC!
  2. Xanathol Augur

It would be interesting to unlock all 3 at lauch but keep the level cap at 50, then progress is forward as normal. Kunark is such a deadweight expansion outside of epics that it would be nice to have something else to do during that time.

And of course, unlock all classes on release. You don't lock classes to an expansion on a TLP - that's not thought out very well at all.
  3. Jaenisch Elder

They are not going to change the basic functions of expansions....why even theory craft something like changing the level cap for an expansion?
  4. Xanathol Augur

Just because you can't understand how to do it doesn't mean it cannot or won't be done.
  5. Jaenisch Elder

Siiiiiiick burn. It will never be done. End of story.
  6. Basak Augur

Classic-Kunark-Velious no, I won't play here. However, Classic or Classic-Kunark I very well likely play. My favorite race being Iksar I am all about that Kunark, Classic vs Classic-Kunark will help me narrow down the class I want to roll up as main.
  7. mark Augur

classic starting tlp have always been more populated then other tlp or special servers.
    lots of people left selos and went to mangler for various reasons but they did.
  8. Xenorius New Member

if you want to start at a later expansion go play on an already existing TLP... not a new one. Always start TLPs at classic. Don't listen to these guys dbg
  9. jiri_ Augur

Is there something special about the presence of beastlords or berserkers that would ruin the classic experience?
  10. Arclyte Augur

No, it would be fine. People just like to be insufferable losers around here.
  11. Jaenisch Elder

It would change so much....a pet class that can heal, melee and slow....wtf
  12. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

I don't think beastlords or berzerkers would upset early class balance at all. They're both poor classes until later, even if their skills and abilities were adjusted to give them access to a lot early on. Both of those classes require a lot of gear which doesn't exist pre luclin (+atk, mana regen, spell focuses) or a bunch of AA. Beastlords would fair better than berzerkers, but only because of the pet.

They're just classes designed for a later period of EQ.
  13. TheRedBandit Elder

Charm pets >bstlord pets and the beastlord combined at melee. Rangerheals doesn't really change that.
  14. Jaenisch Elder

so they have a charm pet plus melee and ranger heals........
  15. birisu Elder

shaman do all those things better than bsts would in classic
  16. TheRedBandit Elder

No, they don't have a charm pet, they have a warder that doesn't get good for another 10 expansions after they unlock normally.
  17. mark Augur

selous dident start in classic mangler did,the highest player base in tlp has always been with classic start.
  18. TheRedBandit Elder

The problem with Selo wasn't the Luclin start though. But i want classic start either way, maybe a little shorter unlock for it though.
  19. Jaenisch Elder

I know what they have....still 100% OP for classic.
  20. Fraggly Augur

Wouldn't mind a trilogy start. I like lizards and kurns. Leveling in velious on selo was fun to me and hardly gets used these days. Crystal caverns was a hot spot for me when it was live, so nostalgia and all that jazz.

I do not expect anything but a Classic start for the two upcoming servers, it is just the most popular. I will just be more casual trying out different class combos personally.