I know everyone loves hating on /overseer BUT=

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cimbaeth, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Cimbaeth Elder

I'd just like to show some appreciation for the artist/ artists that worked on all the hundreds of character portraits on the Overseer feature. The system itself may have been nerfed to uselessness, but I am still enjoying the heck out of the artwork. That's a major reason I still am using it, to see what new card or character I get next. It looks to me like hundreds of hours were put in by some skilled artists and I at least find it entertaining. Thanks Artists!
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think at least some of the negativity towards the changes is precisely because of how much work went into creating this system & the feeling that a lot of that effort is devalued by virtue of the heavy-handedness of the changes.

Most of the players I spoke with really liked the whole system, art, etc but a lot of that passionate engagement was because the system seemed to be delivering on its stated aim of helping players catch up & what so many feel was so disappointing about the overly severe changes is how that stated aim was being massively neutered, once again casuals will be most negatively affected.

I agree with your sentiment about the system being well presented.
    cadres, Tucoh and Cimbaeth like this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Think I read that a lot of art was reused LDON stuff. Don't quote me on that though (and now someone will). :)
  4. enclee Augur

It’s original reward structure was satisfactory, but the nerfs make the system pointless for those it was supposedly designed to help. It’s pretty clear, where the development time was allocated, while trying to design ToV. So, they always mention lack of time but now we have another system for them to manage. So, what else will it cost us in the future? We’ve already seen the emphasis on the Overseer system with an emergency patch.
    Vumad likes this.
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I agree the artwork is wonderful, and even if it's not as it came out, I still enjoy it, and have 5 tasks running all of the time on my account, and both of my husband's.
  6. That0neguy Augur

They even mentioned that lower level items being available that would actually help people catch up were not done because of.....not enough time.
    enclee likes this.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

I appreciated that the experience option helped push my main character to 115 and a nice safety as well. As a suggestion, I wonder if the experience option could apply to AA experience as well. It would be helpful. In any case, enjoy working from home you bums. :) Let's all hope that normal returns rather sooner than later.
    eepok likes this.
  8. Riou EQResource

Think pretty much all of it was card art from LoN, yea
  9. Open new TLP now New Member

Not everyone hate new Overseer system, much customers never will see it, as it 85+ lvl.

I not have anything against new Live features, why not, but where is new TLP server?

Current customers will continue to play with or without Overseer, but big horde of players not play atm (not pay for exp potions, other things from shop, not consume kronos), them want new server to spend some BIG money on it.

DPG please open new FV TLP server next week!

IN DPG WE TRUST!™
  10. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Overseer is stupid. You click a few things, wait some time (but what they really want you to do is spend coin) and get rewards that are meaningless.
    Krazzi and sauron3030 like this.
  11. Derka Power Ranger

The reaction to the changes was quite quick and ill informed. As people level up the Overseer system, the currency will start flowing in. It was said that a 36 hour level 5 elite quest will yield 4800 currency. Give it a few months of use and those items will be readily available. Especially if they tone it back
    Iven likes this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It is no worse then LoN was, at least this time we have got an abundance of mounts and illusions.
  13. Flatchy Court Jester

I also enjoy the artwork. I used to buy a lot of LON cards and never played one match. I was just doing it for the items and to enjoy the art. This reminds me of that a lot but I really do not remember seein these pics before.

And just for the record, thank you DPG I enjoy Overseer and I feel it does add to the game. I probably wont spend much if any real money on it. Thank you and keep up the good work
    Petalonyx likes this.
  14. Atvar Augur

LoN was actually fun and involved strategy. Overseer is just click a few buttons and check back the next day.
    Kaenneth and Aenvar like this.
  15. Cidran Augur

A lot of the art is indeed from LoN cards. Every time I recognize them it makes me miss the scenarios, the raids, the sprint tournaments...

Completely agreed. Also, it brought so many great and innovative ideas to the TCG table, I just can't believe it's all forgotten now.
  16. Iven the Lunatic

Most of the artwork is really nice and I like the fact that it does add and reinforce EQ lore. Call it weird but I actually do enjoy playing Overseer more than the traditional EQ which had became complicated after all those many years and expansions. People love Overseer because its as simple as the original EQ was in the first few years. For now Overseer will make EQ (the 3D gameplay) even less alive as its a game within a game and a two-edged sword.
  17. Renotaki Elder

While we are all fondly rememering LoN, let's not forget that it shut down because people were not actually playing it near the end there (or very few people). Not that I dispute the claim that it involves more strategy than Overseer
  18. ptah Augur

i have to disagree in topic, Overseer is ok.

Yea it could be better, for me you and general player base, that much is true. But is that bad, its like 2 mins, very passive.

collections is prob the best option for reward on live, imho.
    Xp is minor but passive, x5, in 6h range. Hey i gotta sleep right?

Vender option are poor, maybe some afk druids will pick a rez stick or something, or monk gets a rez token, idk.

AA reward would interesting.
    Glyph reward at each teir would be interesting.
    what about raw tribute, or mega overpriced trophy to chase down?

Feels like after sometime darkpawers can expand on it some and trailor to players wants dreams bankrolls.

prob 3 star thing. but not 100% turd fire
  19. Mazame Augur

EverQuest > uifiles > Default > Overseer

There you go all the Artwork for you to enjoy with having to deal with the "nerfed to uselessness" system
  20. Sobmre Augur

ART is great, its the horrible decisions about the game that's the issue.

all you have to do is look at the augs for sale on the overseer vendor to know that who ever made and priced them doesnt play eq. because if they did they would know that you can get better in every slot in about 10mins vs the 10 years it would take using overseer.