Update Regarding T3 Raid Unlock

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrazyLarth Augur

Devs what every time you decide to unlock T3 but can we set up a way to test the next unlock on TEST before this special day comes around.
  2. Emarra Gnecromancer of Ak`Anon

I know this won't make up for the SNAFU, but maybe DP should reach into the goodwill basket and award each account one /claim that includes a number (something close to equal to 3 events for 4 weeks?) of Warlord's Symbols and one nugget. This would help the more casual guilds a great deal and would at least tell the competitive guilds "hey, we're sorry we screwed up so bad."
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Along these lines on the next server patch, bumping up the timeline for 2 nuggets per chest would be kind.
  4. Emarra Gnecromancer of Ak`Anon

That works too, but it would benefit a far smaller group. I was trying to come up with something meaningful to everyone including casuals. Although, I suppose the screw up didn't really affect them either way.
  5. Deillusional Augur

Could you code so you can open future raids and maybe t3 on a certain day instead of relying of x days since launch? This way you could have gave the raids on a Sunday where people don't have to plan time off. Most raiding guilds, there might be exceptions, raids on Sundays as their main raid day.
  6. smash Augur

Personally I would 100% rather have progression in raids again.
    Mintalie likes this.
  7. Mintalie Augur

That seems to be the overwhelming takeaway after this debacle.
  8. Lianeb Augur

Imo the best unlock mechanism would be everyone gets flags on the raid but ONLY the person requesting the raids need fully flagged. Anyone can participate in the raid without being fully flagged. But the npc will not respond to anyone not fully flagged.

This would reduce the headache of managing 54 people to get flagged and would reduce it to 1 to manage. Event lockouts should also be based on 5 days from dz uptime, and not 4.5 days from each event completion.
    Funky and Mintalie like this.
  9. Vigilance New Member

I'd also support 6 day 18 hours for a lockout timer.
    Mintalie likes this.
  10. AppleSplatter Journeyman

Referring to the devo song, but whatever.
  11. Maedhros High King

Without going back through to read all 13 pages... do we still not have an exact date and time for this going live aside from mid-april?
    feeltheburn and OldCa61 like this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

As a lower tier guild I am loving the way things are now, apart from T3 that is. Normally takes us a week or so to get each tier down, but without needing to get flags for everyone it means we can start attempting the next tier as soon as it is available, without dropping further and further behind each time a tier unlocks.

Prathun mentioned if they use the event calendar and do unlocks that way they can chose the day, maybe they should do it that way next time and just unlock each tier on a Sunday.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The only dev I can recall ever mentioning being in a raid guild was Dzarn, hard to hide who you are at Fanfairs after you have attended a guild meet. He stated he always made a point of not being on when the guild was attempting/learning a new event.

The devs cannot win, everyone complains that they do not play the game and yet when it is discovered they do guilds without them complain it is not fair.

Give the Devs some credit that they are doing the right thing. I'm sure their NDA is far tighter than players have ever had to deal with, with harder repercussions if they break them.
    Sancus likes this.
  14. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

This.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would guess that devs didn’t attend those guild meetups just so they wouldn’t get outed and deal with complaints of favoritism.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It was a very very long time ago, before he joined the team if i recall correctly.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I was not referring to dzarn with my response but devs in general as more are in raids guilds than him.
  18. Allayna Augur

We would love an official developer statement about a date and time release of the T3 raids please.
  19. dreamweaver Community Manager

I believe they are making sure it is confirmed 100%. I will definitely update the thread and the main post once they have it.
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Allayna Augur

I only ask because it's been 8 days since it was supposed to unlock and we were told it was pushed out a month to give people time to plan, but we still don't know, which makes it difficult to plan.
    Chopin.Xegony likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.