Played a long time ago (recovering account?)

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Silvorn, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Silvorn New Member

Went to EQ II then quit. Is there a way to recover an old account? Pretty sure I know the account name but at this point no access to the email it was on, even if I could remember it, and I doubt I could guess the password.
  2. Treiko New Member

I think your best bet would be to petition with as much information as you can give. I don't know if they are willing to help any more now than they use to be. My dad was never able to recover his account because of similar issues. I will say that depending how long ago you played, it may be easier to just use the same account you play EQ2 with and start over. You will have all but the last 2 expacs, and you would most likely make a new toon anyway to relearn the game. Bonus you will only be paying for one sub. I hope they will be able to help you recover your old account, but hopefully this works for you as a plan B as well.

Edit: misread that you quit after going to EQ2... I would definitely just try to petition and talk to a GM and see what they can do to help you out.
  3. FJRQZ Journeyman

I'm waiting to hear on a petition for my original eq1 account. I provided as much information that I could remember. And I ephasised that I no longer have that email address or credit card and I explained why would I keep an expired credit card years later. I'm waiting for them to evaluate the information. I have a feeling they will say there is nothing they can do.
  4. Mistimichelledge New Member

I am curious if and when they get back to you what happened? I, too, have an old account that I would love to recover. I tried long ago to get it back and received no help.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

With free heroic toon on gold accounts available now, you can just remake the toon faster than leveling up an old toon.
    Lancelot and CatsPaws like this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

True and all accounts gets all the Vet AA now, so what reason is there to get the old accounts back? Loyalty tokens?
  8. FJRQZ Journeyman

as of 10 minutes ago still waiting to hear from them. I got one email saying I contacted them after hours but they have added my petition to the que.
  9. FJRQZ Journeyman

Still, have not heard anything about my account recovery petition. It's been 24 hours now, just wanted to update every I'm still waiting.
  10. FJRQZ Journeyman

Ok so 48 hours after sending, the petition. Keep in mind I already filled out all the necessary information on the form, well as best as possible the information was correct and they just replied with this.

Bridgette S. (Daybreak Games)

Mar 19, 12:06 PM PDT

Thank you for waiting on me to get back to you. I appreciate it and we would love to help out with your account issue but for security reasons, we are unable to move forward without first verifying your identity with the account. The information provided did not match our records. Please respond with all of the following information:

Current answer to security question: Where were you born?
    Email Address:
  11. Hamburglar New Member

I seem to remember a long time ago recovering an account with the answer to my secret question and giving my physical address where the billing address for the credit card was. It's usually easier to know what your physical address was in any given year. Not sure that will help but it may be something so see if they will try. Pretty sure I scanned a copy of my ID also to match name on account
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Keep in mind also that back in the day, many players in guilds allowed guildies to log in on their accounts to make a raid or get a drop. Its possible that guildie or even a friend that used your account has changed the info.
  13. rtfj121180 Journeyman

This is FJRQZ so after waiting two days for a reply to my petition the rep updated my original accounts email address then, all I had to do was click forgot password and then enter my user name, and the reset email was sent to my email address that the rep changed my email address on file to. She also via email changed my security question and answer this made it possible to do a password reset via new email address. Now my only issue is I was a silver member years ago all those silver features are now gone. Oh well at least I have my original account.
    Grove likes this.
  14. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The Silver features are all still there, it is just that other people can no longer purchase them sadly.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I believe we got this (silver/free)straightened out for him in another post
  16. rtfj121180 Journeyman

Yea it has been straightened out for me. Thanks