Update Regarding T3 Raid Unlock

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arraden Augur

well, because everyone is cancelling subs (sarcastic dig at MS), Darkpaw probably won't have the cash to pay Sunday over time to the devs that are likely required in case a hamster falls off it's wheel, or a Coldain decides to fall out of line !! ;)
  2. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Still trying to decide where I land on all of this. There's been a history of so many signs of implicit favoritism to a number of guilds over the years, and it's seeming like this is not only continuing, but getting more prominent.

I wasn't aware until recently that some (well I should say one) even has a developer as a member of that guild.

Not only that, but my personal belief that one guild's preference has always been that they want whatever slows down OTHER guilds. (let's call them guild X)

Now a lot of this fits the description for hearsay of course...but a lot of the reason for that is the draconian moderation format that we have here. The only time you can even say a guild or character's name without the post getting nuked is if it's a direct quote of them. But when you're referencing things that are not forum posts, but are actual practices of DP, and in game actions...it's not going to survive long.

So yes, I am saying that the favoritism practice that has gone on for years and still exists is bad enough, but I can't help but think that a dev shouldn't be a member of a raiding guild. (now talking about guild Y) Blah blah blah there's nothing wrong with a dev playing the game on their own free time. There is something wrong with a dev being a member of a guild and letting it be known to them that they are.

Now to be clear, I am talking about TWO different guilds here. I'm not implying that guild X has a dev in its ranks, I wouldn't know that. I do know that guild X receives favoritism from DP.

When development of the entire expansion is terrible, community interaction is terrible, and the favoritism still exists, how can the player base not be upset with DP? Every guild who had even thought about trying tier3 raids is being punished for what is nothing other than DP's failure.

And some people are surprised that others are angry?
    Chopin.Xegony likes this.
  3. warador New Member

quit harrasing the devs jimbob !
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  4. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

A few posts say that certain guilds asked for raids to be pushed back 1 month. That would be subjective conjecture fabricated based on no fact what so ever. That never was discussed in guild chat or discord.

We had an ideal full raid force on for 6 hours waiting the same as every other guild for raids to unlock. We had hoped raids would unlock on time and race the other guilds just like we did in T1 and T2.

It's unfortunate that DBG pushed raids out 1 month. I suspect it's likely in response to all those who complained about taking time off work and flamed the dev's about their schedule. So likely, they created this knee jerk response by flaming the message boards.

Be careful what you complain about. It's better to offer solutions, than attack people who make mistakes. They often make more poor decisions following an attack.

However, I did appreciate that the RIO leadership's mature response was : " Well that's disappointing, lets do what we can with what we can control."
    Szilent, Kimbella, RPoo and 4 others like this.
  5. FawnTemplar Augur

Wow. There's just so much.

First, what the actual F.

Second, women don't "need" men because I like to think we live in a more enlightened period of time where women aren't viewed as incapable, subservient, less-than-a-man, property. Though, your comment makes me re-think how ubiquitous my position is.

Third, you can get out of here with your toxic masculinity. Having a job has nothing to do with being "a real man" and men have enough societal pressure without you coming in to shame them on their off time.
    RPoo likes this.
  6. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

Nope
  7. EQZombie New Member

They don't want you selling coin, because they won't make freemium money off of us if people buy with plat instead of station cash. It's a pay to play game inside a pay to play game. They should have kept the platform separate like the old card game. By integrating it into EQ, and offering rewards that are commonly used in EQ, they are hoping to increase the amount of money we'll spend to get those rewards easier than farming them. It's a fine line between pay to play and pay to win.
  8. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

There should be some form of Developer/Raid guild Dedicated chat/messaging system in place.
    Im not talking every alt guild In Creation. Dedicated raid guilds . The guild leader and one officer of the guild should be able to access the chat. Live chat for situations and solutions to issues. Basically all guild leaders will have to get along while in discussions with the dev team but this would avoid issues like 5+ (Not a clue how many it actually was) Guilds sitting around for 5-6 hours waiting around for a dev response on forums. Alot of frustration going on the forums from people pissed off from being left in the dark. Yesterday was bad. The seconds the devs found out that something went wrong they could have posted to the guilds in the chat that they were looking at it. This way leadership could have kept everyone calm and chill. And could have pulled the raid npc's from game (Did This With The Great Cactus Gate) Until a solution was available. Something has to be done with response times. We do not need apologies. We do not need Rewards. We need a solution for these types of errors.

This was not entirely DPG fault. Farmers are to blame as well. Learn to use alarm clocks!
  9. Ravanta Suffer Augur

I don't believe it was daylight savings time issue. When it didn't work, I'm sure a lot of the players assumed/hoped it was.

However, if we're theory-crafting, there is something else different about this year. And if that guess is right, the anti-dp rhetoric is going to continue. Justifiably.
  10. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

11. Bahdah Augur

I, for one, am impressed you guys made this move rather than loading it on us the next day. Thank you. You all play EQ everyday and do the same thing everyday, whats another month? /duck
  12. Bahdah Augur

Soon as T3 is out you guys will never hit TOFS?
  13. ArtremasEQ Augur

Whats wrong with TOFS ? Its more interesting than Griklor.....
  14. Bahdah Augur

Nothings wrong with TOFS, you missed my quote?

15. Bahdah Augur

This move couldn't be any better... yes we took time off for t3 launch and that went to $hit... pushed the next day and ppl were complaining about that.. how hard would it have been to get another day off the next day than a month from now?
    adetia and Kurage_of_Luclin like this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We will see, back there again tonight was we don't have T3 to play with instead. Lets hope they fixed the damn spells as per the patch notes.

Though spells weren't are only reason for not beating it so far this week, there has also been a lack of shades and an abundance of dogs.

Need to remember to change spell sets back to include Vortex and Dissident fire. :rolleyes:

I just want to get past this sh!ty raid and get to the wedding. :)
  17. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I know this would be a bit of a pain for the Devs, but launching t3 raids on Sunday 3/22 appeases the largest amount of your players the best way possible. Every raiding guild in the top 15 or 20 raids on Sundays. Some of us were really just looking forward to the new raids and nothing more than that. Others want their competition. While it is just my opinion that the Devs really should ignore all reference to a player created fake race, let them have it this time. It's not on the Devs, like at all to schedule around Elite Gamer rankings. However, the Overseer tuning is not being looked at favorably. This years anniversary stuff is a bit on the underwhelming side, how could it not be compared to a new zone and 3 new raids last year. There's also uncertainty whenever someone new takes the reigns. Moving this to Sunday would be that first great decision Jennifer Chan will be remembered for making amid the mess that was day light savings time and/or leap year to launching T3 on time. Don't make us wait a full month, please. The T3 raids in their beta form were ToV's best raids.
    Emarra, Bartleby, Raccoo and 9 others like this.
  18. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

I feel like Squeenix has started setting raid unlock timers for every MMO, and thats a very bad thing.

Theres a string of tremendously bad decisions going on in the last week.
  19. Prathun Developer

Given a choice between the tier 3 ToV raids going out on 3/18 when raiders would not have much time to prepare, versus pushing them out to April and giving plenty of time to prepare, we felt that waiting was the better option. The way the unlock system works, the tier can unlock a multiple of months after the expansion launched. It's not more granular than this, so pushing them out to Sunday the 22nd was not an option. We had a very narrow window to make this decision and we certainly did not have time to poll the playerbase. If we knew then what we know now, we probably would still would have pushed them back to April, but I'm sorry that this move has proven inconvenient for a lot of raiders. Clearly a lot of folks are home this week for one reason or another and would have enjoyed having some more content to tackle.
    I know there are a lot of reasons to be anxious right now, both in and out of the EQ-gaming sphere, but we are doing the best we can given the circumstances. We do have good will and want to create a play experience that's fair, fun, and functional.
    Yinla, Thunderkiks, Skuz and 26 others like this.
  20. German Augur

So, being a leap year, how about you set the time ahead on your lab machine, beta server, what have you and see what day it really does work and provide us a valid date please. And try a few days before and after when you think it will unlock. You know, for 4 years from now when one of the TLP servers is about to unlock.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.