Test Update 03/17/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Itaru Journeyman

What does this mean? I'm guessing you can no longer get 2 on a critical success?
  2. Airstah New Member

Just f*ck right off... these changes are a massive f*ck you to your playerbase.
    vylo likes this.
  3. vylo Augur

This is really showing the direction under Jennifer Chan. Stabbing players in the back for a quick cash grab. We had high hopes when she took over as head of the studio. Looks like it was all for nothing. The destruction of new features with no response at all to concerns, customer service not even bothering to respond to petitions about bugs.

The next time you guys put in a feature that involves spending DBC, you can stuff it. I'll keep my wallet closed, and I'm certain I'm not the only one. What you are doing isn't just unnecessary and ham fisted, it could be considered theft and/or fraud.
    Liljit, Kaenneth and Moege like this.
  4. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I'm not usually on the 'we should have a refund!' bandwagon. This is an exception to that.

You gave us something that handed out watermelons. We went OMG WATERMELONS! And spent money to be able to get more watermelons. Now, you're turning it into something that gives browned apple cores. After what? a week? This is not cool, y'all. I have no problem not getting the dribs and drabs back from the 'finish it now' part, but I (and lots of others) bought Agents to be able to get our collections and tradeskill bits that are needed for SO many things. And now.. whut?
    Kurage_of_Luclin, Cadira and Yara_AB like this.
  5. Windance Augur

TBH - Anyone who bought into the overseer stuff should know better. Always wait at least a month before you get seriously into anything that is rolled out. With that said, I do feel your pain and hope that as they work out the issues the rewards for the system will become something worth the clicks.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. vylo Augur

Thing is, that wasn't an option on selos, as a month later, it would be too late and you would be struggling in underfoot. They dangled a "hey raid relevant loot here" carrot in front of our face, took our money, and then ripped it out from under us.

And for nothing. DBG gains nothing from this change. We get nothing from this. It does not impact any of the integrity of the game or game play. They could have left it as is, had their money grab, and had their player base still be happy. But instead and had to destroy the overseer system and infuriate everyone who was just starting to enjoy it.

It seems entirely pointless and just cruel for the sake of cruelty itself.
  7. Windance Augur

That may be why the nerfed it. Didn't check out what the rewards were like on the TLP's and once they saw they were giving raid gear for station cash had to do something.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  8. svann Augur

- Fixed issues with Discuit's dialogues that allowed players to skip parts of his quest.

AFAIK there was no way to skip parts. You still needed to do all the hails, but in order to know who and what you needed to look it up on the net. Your statement seems to imply you think players were exploiting it, and I find that offensive - especially being that the quest made me run back and forth to no purpose until I broke down and looked it up.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This is a huge mis-step by DPG, the amount of & severity of the anger on display is entirely justified, and DPG absolutely should refund all of the DBC spent on this system (And a partial refund is both unacceptable & insulting) because it has now changed so much it is virtually unrecognisable from it's initial offering, it went from okay this is kinda cool to this is now almost entirely pointless, on one server yes this was a giant mistake that needed correction but the over-correction was way too heavy handed.

You created a system nobody asked for, the players discovered they quite liked it's first iteration & many invested into it then you take a giant sledgehammer to it & render it completely useless for it's originally stated intent of helping players catch up, if this system is still representative of how DPG want players to be able to "catch up" it completely fails to understand its own product & its customers, but hey we are not unfamiliar with DPG/DBG/SOE doing that to us over the past 2 decades.

Freaking disappointed.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Liljit like this.
  10. vylo Augur

How could that have not known? They are regularly in contact with players on Selos. It was constantly talked about on the server in public chats. And if it truly was not intended, why did it take them a week to put a stop to it?

And beyond that, of what real consequence is it?
  11. That0neguy Augur

Seems like they just don't care anymore. Servers just came down, moving full speed ahead with these changes.
    Liljit likes this.
  12. Siraj Lorekeeper

Lmao, blatant disregard of what your player-base is asking for. Still loads of bugs in ToV, but implementing new stuff (then ruining it and making it worthless).
    You really know how to suck passion of people, don't you?
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The situation on Selo, with so many players wanting to use the OMM rewards to bridge their gear gap highlights a problem on that server with gear acquisition rates.

Maybe the Overseer/brews situation was the wrong solution to that but clearly there is an issue with how well players on Selo are geared or the nerf would not be hitting them so much harder than anywhere else & generating so much ill will.

On Phinigel (which has it's own issues re Raid currencies) most raiders did not go super heavy on OMM, mostly those were used to gear alts/boxed characters.

But I have been saying for a long time that the Developers simply did not consider the wider ramifications of accelerated unlock schedules properly & have still ignored a bunch of associated issues caused by accelerated unlock schedules despite the best efforts of players to get them addressed, often the solutions (when solutions have been implemented) have come at the last second or late.
  14. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

It was never meant to give TLP raid level items better than current expansion level, and one of the main reasons it got nerfed on live as well. I got what I could while the getting was good. In the case of TLP if you want better than current expansion level , then play on live. Most people say they are on TLP to earn their gear and experience EQ the old way, but then continue to gripe about not having benefits offered in live content beyond their current expansion release. So, in that case they want to think they are playing old style EQ but want LIVE server benefits. Which, seems like a contradiction. Again, if people want Live benefits, play on live servers again, many guilds are out there.

Still lets hope, that players get their Station cash back for that bait and switch car salesmen tactic.
  15. vylo Augur

Uh, it doesn't. Every item given by brews can be outdone by raid gear available in SoD. It is just that you don't have the time to farm it all on a 1 month blitz TLP, and since they went with half lockout times instead of increased raid loot, it forces raids to either burn super hard or give up a ton of loot capability. The main raiding guild has to raid a minimum of 4 days a week just to keep up, and underfoot probably has the highest gear requirements to complete. Having a slew of 2nd/3rd BiS was going to be a godsend, especially for those just coming back to the server who were dinging 85 this week. It not only allowed them to contribute meaningfully to SoD raids quickly, but was prepping them for underfoot.
  16. vylo Augur

Well looks like it is done boys. RIP overseer. Remember not to entertain these jesters with your cash next time they dangle something shiny infront of you, they will just rip it away even if it hurts them too.
  17. Stephen51 Augur

Here is my opinion of the changes to Overseer in today's patch;

"- A mysterious presence will only sell McKenzie's Brew's when Veil of Alaris is unlocked."
    I can understand this, I cant remember when the Monster Missions were introduced, but it seems sensible only to allow the items sold by OMM to be available after a certain expansion. I am unsure as to when the missions were introduced, but this seems reasonable.

"- You may now only gain one Collection Dispenser items from the Overseer system. Also, there are some rewards that only offer a chance at gaining a collection item. The chance is in the name. The rewards that only give a chance offer an amount of Overseer Tetradrachm to make up for the fact that it's only a chance to gain a collection item."

Unsure as to whether this means the dispensers are lore or whether you can only be rewarded with one per mission. On test they have made them no trade. I understand the no trade tag to a certain extent, as they are flooding the servers, for sales of kronos. The rewards I have seen so far have all only been 25% chance to obtain a dispenser, I am hopeful this % rises the tougher the mission.

"- Overseer Tetradrachms are no longer trade-able. They are still heirloom."
    I again understand this change as above they have flooded the servers, for exorbitant prices.
    "- Overseer rewards of Tradeskill items and Collectibles unlock one expansion behind. I.E. The Burning Lands collectibles are available when Torment of Velious unlocks, the Torment of Velious crafting supplies are unavailable until the next expansion unlocks."

Giving people tradeskill drops from the current expansion removes their requirement to obtain those items in the current game, and again I understand this change. I am surprised this was not changed before Overseer went to live servers.

"- Increased the price on most items sold for Overseer Tetradrachm."
    Looking at the costs of the items before the change I thought many of the prices for items, especially for purely cosmetic ornaments was excessive. Those prices have increased, and it will take a huge amount of time to get a full set of ornaments, especially considering that the currency is not tradable. The prices of the ornaments are dwarfed however by the price of the perfect aug distiller, which at 175,000 coins, is completely over the top.

"- You must be a gold member to choose the collection dispensers, ornament dispensers, or tradeskill items from the overseer rewards. Overseer rewards and other rewards are available to all membership levels."

I don't think you can be F2P and expect to get all of the facets of the game.

What I am concerned with mostly is the amount of negative changes which have come so quickly after Overseer went live. Why some consideration wasn't given to changes before it went live I do not know. Taking so much away is always going to sting your customers, no matter how much DPG think it is necessary.
  18. vylo Augur

OMM went in during SoD. It does not offer out of era gear. All the gear it offers can be replaced in SoD raids. Basically it had a lot of 2/3rd BiS you could obtain.
  19. That0neguy Augur

They are also available in game during SoD. So it's not like it was offering an item that was out of era or not obtainable. It just sped up the rate at which you could get them.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. vylo Augur

Yep, you can see the patch notes for when he went in. He was available for 2 months on live, which is longer than we even get him for SoD and then he was available for 10 months of house of thule.

So live had OMM for a year, we get him for 8 weeks, but apparently having 6 of those weeks with us being able to pay IRL money to catch up was somehow game breaking.

Never mind that all of this was known before they put it live. And was known and allowed for a full week after it dropped.