Test Update 03/17/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 17, 2020.

1. EQ Dev Developer

March 17, 2020

*** Items ***

- A mysterious presence will only sell McKenzie's Brew's when Veil of Alaris is unlocked.
    - You may now only gain one Collection Dispener items from the Overseer system. Also, there are some rewards that only offer a chance at gaining a collection item. The chance is in the name. The rewards that only give a chance offer an amount of Overseer Tetradrachm to make up for the fact that it's only a chance to gain a collection item.
    - Overseer Tetradrachms are no longer trade-able. They are still heirloom.
    - Overseer rewards of Tradeskill items and Collectibles unlock one expansion behind. I.E. The Burning Lands collectibles are available when Torment of Velious unlocks, the Torment of Velious crafting supplies are unavailable until the next expansion unlocks.
    - Increased the price on most items sold for Overseer Tetradrachm.
    - You must be a gold member to choose the collection dispensers, ornament dispensers, or tradeskill items from the overseer rewards. Overseer rewards and other rewards are available to all membership levels.
    - Added all races and classes to the Common Agent Catalyst.

*** Quests And Events ***

- Updated the calendar event text and alert text to more correctly describe this year's anniversary events.
    - Tower of Frozen Shadow raid events - Made the following changes:
    - - Heart of Frozen Shadow - Fixed a bug that caused the 'It's a No Slow from Me, Dog' achievement to always be granted. For real this time.
    - - Heart of Frozen Shadow - Fixed a bug that caused many spells to fail to land on drolvarg NPCs and displayed a message that you had failed an achievement when spells did land on them.
    - - Tserrina Syl`Tor - Fixed a bug that prevented one of Tserrina's mechanics from working in her final phase. For real this time.
    - - Tserrina Syl`Tor - Moved the key from Tserrina to the reward chest.
    - Fixed issues with Discuit's dialogues that allowed players to skip parts of his quest.

*** Miscellaneous ***
    - Corrected an issue preventing some players from receiving the tutorial Overseer Agent if they had received any Agents prior to opening the Overseer window for the first time.
    - Modified the success and fail chances of Overseer quests to succeed more often.
    - Fixed a timing issue that could cause dates measured across Daylight Savings Time changes to be off by one.

*** UI ***
    - Modified the default width of the Overseer window so that you can select agents on smaller screens.

- Changed -
    EQUI_OverseerWnd.xml

- The EverQuest Team
    Mithra likes this.
  2. Zobek New Member

3. yodo Augur

So you locked brews to VoA and increased the price to that absolutely ridiculous amount? Why not just take them off the vendor all together since you obviously don't want anyone to buy them?
    The stupidity is truly amazing.
    Xanathol, Ulrin and Duder like this.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Confirm brews still cost 26k, I thought maybe with the VoA lock they saw reason and compromised but nah.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Kneeo Journeyman

Refund all the money I used on DBC since Overseer was put in the game immediately.
    Skuz, Kaenneth and Ulrin like this.
  6. Kneeo Journeyman

Also, I noted DB updated the game with this bs but zero DBC refunds were given. Shocking.
  7. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Also wouldn't mind a DBC refund, since the development team pushed this through after I spent money and fundamentally changed the way the system worked, and did not consider feedback.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Overseer

19 quests - 7 of which give a chance to gain a collection dispenser, is this correct?

Seems high if you are trying to reduce the number of dispensers entering the game.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No fix to healer mercs or the other bugged anniversary quests ?
    OldCa61 likes this.
  10. Thundersnake Elder

I'd appreciate an official stance on if the Overseer progression is still going to be wiped on Test. Plenty of people held off from even testing overseer because they didn't want to waste the time if it was just going to get wiped, and here we are 2 weeks later with no official word on if it's still even going to be wiped. Just a Simple acknowledgement on this would be greatly appreciated thanks =-). Even a "We'll get back to you on this" would go a long way.
  11. Catashe Augur

Honestly to the collection changes.. its a little overboard truly.. If your gonna make it where you can only get 1 expansion back or earlier theres really no need for the 25% chance business.. now if you were still allowing current expansion in the mix then yea 25% is fine
  12. That0neguy Augur

I am utterly confused by the decisions being made around overseer. Maybe some more communication for what you intend is needed. The only thing we got about this new feature was that it was just that. An amazing new feature you were proud to introduce that is meant to help players catch up.

As far as I can see there are only a handful of things available. Collection items, TS items, level 105 Hstat Augs, and OMM Brews. I don't feel like TS mats or collection items really help people catch up. The Augs are such a minimal thing they really won't help any live player catch up. The brews are unique because they allow you to buy really good gear in Seeds xpac. So they offer an ability for TLP players once they hit that xpac to quickly get caught up. After that there is nothing to help any player get caught up.

With these changes not only did you change it so that it would take ~200 days to buy an item that costs 42 brews, but you now locked it behind an xpac where the gear has 0 value.

Surely there is a middle ground here. Gear should be available for each stage of the game to help players catch up. They should be allowed to obtain that gear at a rate that compliments normal game play.

As it stands now there is 0 value in this cool new feature added to the game. I spent $150 getting agents and using it and if these changes go into effect I will be requesting not just a refund of my DBC spent, but the $150 spent to buy those DBC specifically for this feature as there will be no reason to use the overseer. I feel like there was a bait and switch and I was scammed out of my money. The agents were bought with an understanding that the system they are used in would provide gains and as you have it now there are no gains to be had and no reason for me to have bought or even used the overseer feature.
    Xanathol, Skuz, Black and 3 others like this.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

14. sieger Augur

I'm not usually one to complain but have to agree with the sentiment--anyone like myself that purchased agent packs was making an investment in the Overseer system as released and deserves a full cash refund. This wasn't Test that you guys pushed Overseer out on, it was the live game and you were charging real money for it. Now that you are changing it after the fact to a system that offers no value to players at all or any reason to use it, you've immediately rendered our agent purchases worthless.
    Xanathol, Skuz, Black and 6 others like this.
  15. Caio_Xegony Lorekeeper

The collection rewards have a 75% chance to fail to give you any collection item, once you've successfully won the quest. So you have two very high chances to fail baked right into the system. Yeay DarkPaw!
    Allayna likes this.
  16. Kneeo Journeyman

Daybreaker CS response; can't talk to devs on the forums because they don't care they stole our money:

Andrew
    Today at 20:47

Greetings,

I am really sorry to hear that you are not enjoying the game. Unfortunately we are not able to offer refunds for purchases made and spent in game. If you are unhappy with the direction the devs are going then my best suggestion would be to post about it on the forums and get dev as well as community feedback. Thank you so much for your patience and stay healthy!
    Regards,
    Andrew C.
    Daybreak Games
    Caio_Xegony, Yinla and vylo like this.
  17. vylo Augur

So you literally listened to no feedback and are determined to stab a cash cow in the face.

Enron had better business sense than this company.
  18. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

If you are going to nerf most of the mechanics of Overseer... then at the very least you should greatly increase the amount of EXP you get for Character EXP and Merc EXP options. By greatly I mean x3 or x4 from the 0.7% you get at 111.

This is supposed to be a "Catch-up System" after all, but so far I have yet to see a single beneficial part of Overseer that will qualify under the definition of "Catch-up".
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Not gonna lie - I'm rather bitter at this whole thing being changed now RE: Overseer. However, I see no mention of a fix on the scaling of A Formal Dinner Party. Did it just not get into the notes, or was obliterating the use of Overseer the entire purpose of this round?
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

I do hope there is a refund on station cash for those who paid for quest completions or extra agents do to broken tasks.
    Skuz and Ulrin like this.