Update Regarding T3 Raid Unlock

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enclee Augur

I don't think they're making this a personal decision, at the expense of $$$. I'd wager it more on the whole team working from home and it's difficult to coordinate patching and communication.
  2. Bronut Augur

Honestly i figured they were in panic mode for their mistakes, like, PR nightmare, we gotta clean this up and make good on our mistake.

NOPE they double downed, threw salt in the wound lol.

I would have liked to have the raids today/this week but im not bent out of shape about it.

It is pretty gangster on their part. They don't care what you think at all lol.
    Allayna likes this.
  3. Eyashusa Lorekeeper

So next year can we have a poll on when it is convenient to release content, so it fits into our schedules? St. Patrick's day would have to be on my list of bad days just FYI. How about you release the stuff tomorrow like you stated already and gain a little face with your user base again!

Eya
    Duder and Nukester like this.
  4. Zunnoab Augur

This is a WORSE PR nightmare, to disregard who knows how many people taking off or scheduling their lives around these few days.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They are pushing the raids back a month, to suit a handful of guilds V 20ish guilds who just want new raids and aren't concerened with the "race".

So now instead of upsetting a handful of guilds they have now upset another 20 guilds on top who were looking forward to something new on their next raid night.

That small portion of EQ has just quadrupled by this decision.

Personally I was looking for an excuse not to do the garbage that is now TOFS.
    Cicelee, Zunnoab and svann like this.
  6. Trafthek Lorekeeper

Wow, and you guys get paid to do this job! We'll at least a couple of my accounts will no longer be paying your salary after this.
    Allayna likes this.
  7. Mizen Baenre Lorekeeper

This is purely embarassing. Additionally I guess being number 1 means you have the most people in your raid who could ask off in time. This is the worst expansion since Gates Of Discord.
    Allayna likes this.
  8. Monkman Augur

UNLOCK IT TOMORROW
  9. Swiss Augur

The automated system was going to release it tomorrow, it would be less work to let that happen than to delay it...
    Allayna, svann, Duder and 2 others like this.
  10. Illuminai New Member

Devs = poo

Sincerely,
    Illuminai
    Ravanta Suffer and Duder like this.
  11. German Augur

If the 20 odd other guilds don't care about rankings, why are they sending their kill times in to the site? Its not like what's his name is logging into every server and inspecting members of those guilds looking for acheiments.
    adetia and Jondalar like this.
  12. Mizen Baenre Lorekeeper

Also it would be different if this was something that you guys tried to make in like a week or so. You've developed this stuff for a year. You've had more than the amount of time to make it right that you needed.

With all that's going on in the world right now, EverQuest is an escape for us to forget about the bullcrap in the real world. I realize that the developers are going through the same thing, but when you've had this much time to just lay down a popcorn fart like this, you should be absolutely ashamed of the work that's been done so far. You're ineptitude has robbed people of vacation time today that they could've used in a time that the whole world wasn't on quarantine. Vacation time now is almost as valuable as toilet paper and you guys do this... I am literally dumbfounded by this. And your excuse is daylight savings time and your answer is to push it out another month? LOL.

Get your sh*t together.
    Mintalie, Chopin.Xegony and Zunnoab like this.
  13. svann Augur

14. Cailen Augur

Love how they post as EQ Dev....... to chicken to put their name on it
    Jonasin, svann and Chopin.Xegony like this.
  15. roganemor New Member

What I don't get is why it's such a problem that it would have been pushed a day? So lots of people were ready to do it today, does that mean they can't do it the next day or next week?
    Or is this just a case of guilds whose real problem is that they might not get that ubah ranking by completing it 5 minutes after it unlocks?
    At least be honest about why it's being pushed a month.
    Zunnoab likes this.
  16. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

17. Sancus Augur

While I think a month is a long time and wish this unlock system had more granularity than that, at least personally this seems better than the alternative of launching it tomorrow at 3 PM maybe. Thanks for making an effort to respond to concerns.
    Kuvani, Szilent, Galarian and 4 others like this.
  18. Zunnoab Augur

It was so outrageously disrespectful to the players' time, I thought it was a joke until I scrolled up and saw the red text. I'm floored at this. I hope they reconsider.
  19. Jonasin Elder

Its more about the "customer service" than a title of who will beat these 3 events first at this point. Rather than admitting they screwed up, they didn't address the problem for almost 2 hours after telling us the date and time the events would unlock. Then they claimed it wasn't a bug. Then was told they couldn't adjust the script only for them to adjust the script but instead of adjusting it 24 hours to left they pushed it ~30 days to the right.

We, as the playerbase/raiding guilds, did NOT make these changes. The developers made these changes and during beta when it was announced it was highly discouraged by the playerbase and was told basically to suck it up. In an effort to make live servers exactly like TLPs they screwed up big time and will not even admit they screwed up. Blame it on daylight savings time, ok cool so the raids should have either went live an hour earlier or an hour later than scheduled depending on how it was miscalculated. NOPE, an entire day.
    Lannin, Allayna, Redsumm and 2 others like this.
  20. enclee Augur

Are we going to get another Jeff "Tigole" Kaplan rant yet?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.