Update Regarding T3 Raid Unlock

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axxius Augur

What day 'mid-April'?
  2. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Calls boss:" Hello, yeah, that situation (cold, death in the family, dog died, child issue-whatever excuse) I had.. It is resolved! see you tomorrow! "

lol
    Monkman likes this.
  3. Monkman Augur

What about the earring quest that is supposed to be unlocked upon t3 completion?

Just gonna have to wait a month for that too? I'm fuming right now. What a disappointment and a let-down.

Absolutely horrible way to start your first couple weeks in charge Jchan.
    Jonasin, Duder and Allayna like this.
  4. Zunnoab Augur

Wait I thought this was a joke. This is even worse. Have some consideration for people that planned for this week. This is FAR worse!
  5. Kuaamil Elder

This is absurd. Some of us don't give a rip about "the race" and would very much like the content while we're stuck on shelter-in-place policies. Pushing it by a month during this is asinine.
    Coronay and Duder like this.
  6. Zunnoab Augur

I seriously can't believe this. We had DOZENS OF PEOPLE set this week. This is insanity.

Delaying a month is unacceptable and an egregious disrespect to people that took off work and set plans.

Also moving it right in the middle of tax deadlines. Just. Stop.
    Coronay likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That would work, as long as they don't put in any artificial blocks to slow things down. It has been nice to be able to try the T2 raids at the same time as all the big boys, it may have taken us an extra week or so to get them down, but we haven't been battling getting everyone flagged for the raids, it has been a lot more enjoyable for us not having to try and max flags all the time.

Just need to work on new strats for T2. :rolleyes: Oh well maybe by the time we get ToFS3 down they may have fixed that blasted key, didn't seem to matter how fast you clicked the free grab it just wouldn't give it up!
  8. Allayna Augur

I am a contracted, traveling RN dealing with corona virus, I booked, IN MY CONTRACT, 17th, 18th, 19th off of work, MONTHS ago.

This ship is sinking fast.
    Jonasin, Mithra and Monkman like this.
  9. svann Augur

So, blame the guilds that complained they couldnt get tomorrow off?
  10. Swiss Augur

This is ridiculous. There is no reason to delay it so long. You're wasting time pushing nerfs to oveerseer so nobody touches it again while real content is being forgotten.

You're not going to keep people subbed longer by delaying content releases you're just going to make them cancel and not come back.
    Lannin and Allayna like this.
  11. German Augur

You're going to move the double nugget up a month right?
    Tekklis, Xeladom, Lannin and 2 others like this.
  12. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

As a strong advocate for allowing people the time to reorganize, I applaud the team for listening to feedback and considering a change of plans that allows them to meet their needs while also allowing raid teams to adjust and reschedule plans accordingly. This was a difficult position for the team to be in, I'd imagine, as no outcome was going to make everyone (or even most) happy to be sure, and in this time of transition, and with the the recent adjustment to T2 raids, and all the stress in the rest of the world weighing everyone down, I think delaying an amount of time that allows people to plan rather then trying to scramble changes, which would be considerably difficult for some people given current events, in less then 24 hours is a relief in an uncertain time.

Let's all try to measure our responses, and temper them with a few realizations.

Yes, we're all human, and we make mistakes, but we want our stuff when we want it.
    Yes, this was in some people's mind a pretty grievous turn of events.
    Yes, that part sucks.
    That said, these things do happen. It doesn't negate the suckiness, or give you guys back any time you took off, but it does allow you to try again. The vast majority of people can't simply get a day off for the asking with less then a day's notice.

Its my understanding that like many places, the DP team, like so many others, are also coping with illness and other abnormal circumstances.

Shoving these raids back a month affects a small portion of the general EQ population, but of that population there is a chunk that does care very much about the race. We'll all survive. Let's face it, with even moderately decent attendance, pretty much all the raiders get all the things most years. This, in the grand picture, wont change that.

Recognizing that some folks here will never be happy no matter what they had chosen to do, lets take solace in the simple fact that they listened to what some here were saying, and did their best to readjust, after already making a clearly unpopular decision to try to help. That's not a small thing, and some of us deeply appreciate it.
    OcherMonk, Thrillho, Arraden and 7 others like this.
  13. Trafthek Lorekeeper

From Absor:
    For this expansion we are trying a new thing when it comes to raid progression. We have three tiers of raids, and each tier will open one month per tier after the expansions launches. So, tier 1 will become accessible one month after the expansion launches. Tier 2 two months and tier 3 three months after the expansion opens.

We know this is a pretty significant change for some folks. The goal is to remove the "requirement" for folks to raid during the holidays. It also removes any potentially tedious progression work, allowing you to choose how many times, if any, you wish to complete a raid before moving on to the next.

Then after the huge fail todayl we get this from Dreamweaver:
    As noted the timeframe is an estimate. But I'll be updating server unlock times tomorrow because I know the race matters to you all.

Took paid vacation time to be there for the T1 unlock, and another day for the T3 unlock. Instead of a letting us know what is going on today with a speedy response. We have to wait hours to get any kind of news. Then a delay, not with a now certain time when its gonna be fixed. Some unknown random time after a patch the next day to fix something else you totally screwed up. This new (broken) content you had for us were so eager to tell us about.

I work in a body shop. When a customer expects the repairs on their vehicle to be completed by Friday afternoon, if we can't meet that goal. They get a phone call first thing Friday morning, or right when we realize we can't keep our promise.

If it were Darkpaw Collision Repair Center. Come on said day and wait in the customer lounge. We might get your the repairs on your car completed on the day we promised you, might not. Then when you have to tell them it's not gonna be done, tell em to come in the next day and sit and wait again. We should have it ready for you some time today! But it not, check back with us in a month when everything gets fixed! Meanwhile your paying rental cars fees, etc.
    Lannin and Chopin.Xegony like this.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

I would just like some new raids.
    Zurril and Lannin like this.
  15. Tallie Elder

So, just because some people just HAD to be ready to raid the instance raids opened, the rest of us have to wait another month for the raids, the coin, the drop++s, etc?? My guild usually is in the top ten and I would still rather raid than wait!
  16. Nukester Journeyman

well you guys got what you wanted, now you can plan for your race instead of just waiting til tomorrow. Enjoy the next month of T1 and T2.
  17. Zunnoab Augur

They MUST reverse course in the April nonsense.

Have you no respect for your players' schedules? This is infinitely worse. I am completely DISGUSTED. People took off work, scheduled thier plans and vacations around this. To snub all of them is disrespectful beyond belief.
    Allayna likes this.
  18. German Augur

I saw a few people say something about that, but the annoying never knowing when servers unlock and the closeness in the race was more of a frustration with many. Bad enough we had four guilds spamming that poor guy "large" for 4 hours, now we were gonna have the login server post patch crap and delays, etc from a patch to cause even more sitting around doing nothing.

I seriously doubt people are having a hard time getting a day off tomorrow "cough cough - sniffle sniffle" being such an easy excuse.
  19. Cailen Augur

Guess it takes a month to figure out day light savings
  20. Swiss Augur

It's pretty ridiculous how many people don't get to enjoy an entire month of content because of a couple guilds crying about who will beat it a little sooner this time.
    Cicelee and Zunnoab like this.
  21. Remien Master

Extremely disappointing to take a vacation day to sit around doing jack to be told several hours later it was going live the following day. Total waste of day, at least there could have been some consensus on if was even feasible to push an unlock today so we could go off and do something else. It Seems like most of the time was spent on these garbage overseer changes that are coming.

Pushing it out another month makes absolutely no sense. Most of us in the "race" had all of the raids on lock during beta in TBL gear. If you're absolutely set on April can you make sure it unlocks on a weekend day and not during the middle of the week.
    Zunnoab likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.