TOFs raid change

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drakang, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Absolutt Journeyman

We got the key drop, still un-assignable for us however.
    Lannin and Duder like this.
  2. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Unassignable? Just have someone... loot it. Worked fine for us.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Finding a lack of shade pops today, and casters now do such little dps on dogs it is not worth DPSing from centre to help out the melee when nothing else is up. Only saw a couple of skellys up, but nice to see spells land on them too.

Casters life is getting very frustrating. :rolleyes:
    Scornfire likes this.
  4. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

On CJR we had 0 restless shades up at the start, on SR raids we had 3 restless shades. The RNG already made it fairly difficult to reliably beat, we were so far behind DPSwise due to the changes (Being at 40ish % when enrage hits) I can't really see CJR completing it again for several months once we get all our group geared toons at least partially outfitted in raid gear
  5. Maedhros High King

It depends on how you do it. They are all easy for us, I was just saying that the 2nd event was the only one that really gave us any trouble. If you are hailing the usher and splitting the raid up on the wedding the slow way then I imagine it wasn't much different. But if you pull everything together and do not hail the usher and just burn, it can get hairy.
  6. enclee Augur

Ahh, I see what you’re talking about now. I like that strategy, just power through mechanics, lol. Sounds really fun, actually.
    Maedhros likes this.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

We experienced some seemingly bugged scripts in ToFS raids. I was wondering if others saw these issues:

Raid 1, the hockey line change raid we saw one Spectre spawn through an attempt and decided it was better to wipe it and start over. We made 5 or 6 line changes, killed quite a number of Restless mobs in the side rooms and still only saw the single Spectre. The second run ran correctly for us and we crashed the boards, one all the face offs and scored the most goals, eh!

Raid 2, the Red Wedding raid at the end of our first attempt we had all 6 names that were called just exploded from being death touched before they were able to hail the Usher. It was a second or less after the emote to hail happened. 6 Dancers all at once ended the attempt. We had 1 Dancer prior to the Lannisters just killing the 6 Starks that were called the hail. The second run we encountered none of these issues and no characters were senselessly murdered to show the rules of the game!
    Lannin likes this.
  8. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

As a Canadian, I've never been so offended
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  9. Pano Augur

I am pretty sure you could get a permanent travel ban from Canada for that analogy.
    Proximoe, Lannin and Jhenna_BB like this.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

We closed our borders to most countries today anyway.
  11. Willydo Apprentice

Just remember folks who think this is too hard. Canto XIV on FV is able to bot these raids with 20+ real players and the rest zerker bots getting CoH'd around TOFS 1. I guess the scripts are smarter than most people. Just remember, a bot guild is going to clear ToV raids with more than half the raid not even being played by a human. They have T1 and T2 down. The future of raiding is botting it seems. They RMT and make a ton of money. This is what EQ has evolved to.
  12. Windance Augur

I wouldn't say that the scripts are smarter then most people. The advantage of having perfect knowledge of the game state and being able to 100% control the group makeup would be huge. Also having mages CoH groups to avoid the ice means they can stay on target a hell of a lot better than folks who are trying to run around.
  13. kimbotta Lorekeeper

This is the real key, EQ is easy you just need more DPS so you can over power the game mechanics. shaman bard 4 zerkers X3 groups why not.
  14. German Augur

Turn on walk, remove speed buffs, strafe as needed. Amazing difference in navigating the first floor.
  15. CrazyLarth Augur

They key did not drop for us.
  16. svann Augur

- - Tserrina Syl`Tor - Tserrina's corpse will no longer move upon success of this raid event. This will hopefully prevent problems with looting the Key of Trauma.

Pretty sure the corpse disappeared.
    Allayna and Smokezz like this.
  17. Lianeb Augur

Pretty sure the key is not on Tserrina's corpse either.

It shows in the loot window as being on a mirror shard
    Xeladom likes this.
  18. Maedhros High King

[Sun Feb 23 21:26:55 2020] --Monotell has looted a Key of Trauma from a fractured reflection.--
    [Sun Mar 15 21:02:57 2020] --Kilean has looted a Key of Trauma from a fractured reflection.--
    Xeladom likes this.
  19. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

These quotes are certified organic and cruelty-free!
  20. Szilent Augur

Tserrina is the fractured reflection. Notice the actual lady is still there once you "win"
    Maedhros likes this.