Concerning the Free toon

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Maginus, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Maginus Lorekeeper

I don't know if this has already been covered but I couldn't find the answer.

1. Is there a way to make this free 85 boosted character WITHOUT the AA's auto granted?
    2. I know you get the ability to boost a toon unpon logging in but does that mean you need to log in with the toon you want to be boosted or does that matter?
    3. When are the two new server's going to be avaliable AND will we be able to use the boost on either of those servers?
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

1. No. It's part of the heroic process when claimed on a character.

2. (assuming all access) You get a credit for a heroic upgrade. You can either upgrade at the character creation screen, the character select screen for an already created toon, or in game on the inventory window of a logged into the world toon.

3. If the servers don't start at level 85, the answer is … not for awhile.
    Maginus likes this.
  3. Canardvc Lorekeeper

I'll add one more to this thread : Can you delete your heroic char and still have the heroic token ? Like delete, change class, etc ...
  4. Razic New Member

5. Vumad Cape Wearer

Be careful when you accept answers on this. I was once told that purchased heroics can be reclaimed but free ones can not. I don't know the right answer, but make sure your source is reliable when you make your choices.
  6. Canardvc Lorekeeper

Tested it yourself ? Source ? :D
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

That's because some you can and some you can't. Dev's covered this about the 2 given in 2014 and 2017. Post #43 by Roshen. You can remake paid ones so when he refers to it acting like a paid that is what he means.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/free-heroic-character-–-until-march-31-2017.239044/page-3#post-3516836

However the very fist one in 2014 cannot be remade but its 90% certain you would get a warning if you tried.
    Vumad likes this.
  8. Razic New Member

Yes. Source, myself.
  9. Daggo New Member

How do you claim this free Heroic character? Is it something from /claim? I don't see anything regarding creating a Heroic character but then again maybe that's because I'm on Mangler? If I change to a different server does it then show up?
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Paid account
    See yellow message
    Log out
    See heroic count increase when log back in

may not be on progression servers if they don't qualify
    Moege likes this.
  11. Flatchy Court Jester

Even dumber question. I have logged in my 4 accounts. How do you claim the extra heroic or does it do it automatically for you?
  12. Moege Augur

100% certain, you get a message saying it will be permanently deleted and your heroic count will not be increased. source: myself
    Source: myself, deleted and rerolled it.
    Log in to server itself, some yellow text comes up saying you claimed it. It is automatic.
  13. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

There are 2 kinds of Free Heroic Characters.
    1. From March 12, 2014 through March 26, 2014, Sony allowed a free trial for Heroic Characters. Subscribed players could have one per account, while Free players could have one per IP. During the trial they could be deleted and recreated multiple times, but after the trial ended if you deleted that HC you would not get a new HC credit.
    2. From March 16, 2017 through March 31, 2017, if you logged in before Friday, March 31, 2017 @ 11:59PM PDT, and had ever been subscribed to EQ at any point in time before that. You were granted a free HC. This HC worked the same as a normal HC, so you could delete the HC to make a new HC and the only things that would not be reissued to you would be the Plat and the Bayle Marks.
  14. ntellect Augur

I'm assuming you are doing this because you may want to try out different classes? If that's the case I would just roll on Miragul which starts at 85. Try all the classes for as long as you need to feel comfortable, then roll on FV with your final decision.
    Rhaethe likes this.