Fixed Internally Overseer Success Rate On Quest Page Not Always The Same Once Quest Started

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Cragzop, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Minor thing I noticed

Tutorial quests show 5s on the quest window prior to starting, as soon as you start them the timer shoots up to 12s

Haven't really noticed any others showing that behaviour but it did stick out as odd to me.
  2. Yara_AB Augur

There is something else I find fishy on the Overseer:
    I am pretty sure I had all accounts with max quests running. I just went to check and quite some quests were simply "gone for good". No reward, no nothing. Just the quest slot open again.
  3. Baldur Augur

The success rate is the same for me now that we can't complete them early, abysmal.

Failing all the time without completing early.

Also ran into another issue, finally got a recruit mission on one of my accounts but didn't have a good agent makeup to run it with a high enough percent. Bought a 3 agent pack from the store and opened and after opening it the recruit mission was gone, replaced by an elite level 1 crafting quest I believe that I can't even go on. Was super wonderful, not frustrating or anything, so much fun.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There is something weird going on if you zone or log, or switch chars shortly after starting or finishing a quest, i've logged in to check overseer and found I have had 7/5 quests, can reclaim rewards I have claimed previously and also found quests missing.
  5. Yara_AB Augur

This could well be ... just that now that i am specifically looking for that behaviour I cannot replicate it.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

To all those who are wanting them to re-enable the Finish now option. Their legal department would be incompetent if they allowed that to happen.

Having the Finish Now option (an option which you are intended to use virtual currency that was purchased with real money) enabled while Darkpaw is aware that game mechanic that it speeds up is broken in a way that negatively affects the person spending the money would easily open them up to lawsuits world wide.
  7. vylo Augur

They could remove the quest limit while they did this though. 5 is insane, especially considering all the 24 hour ones are broken and taking up slots.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Why would the remove the limit? They explicitly don't want people getting more than 5 of the shortest timesink rewards at any time. 5 is a perfectly reasonable amount for this feature to start with. Maybe in another couple years they will add more to it, but at this point there is no reason to do so. Unless you want them to proportionally reduce what the rewards give out, because that is the only way this is going to happen.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. vylo Augur

well considering I have dead quests they won't remove, and they won't let me finish the quests with money, it would be nice if they would let me use the system at all.
  10. svann Augur

Failed the last 5 in a row with 80%+ success rate.
  11. enclee Augur

Success: 132
    Failure: 43
    Success Rate: 75.4%

This is across 6 accounts ranging from a low of 17/11/60.4% to a high of 23/2/92% (Success/Failure/%).
  12. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Success: 85 (3 crit)
    Fail: 43 (1 crit)

With 82-93% listed success chance.

Have failed every single recruit mission not one of the initial, regardless of success rate.

Still getting Unknown DB String missions.

Missions are still giving phantom success % ups for allocating an agent to a mission in secondary or tertiary slots without the matching traits. These are then removed on the status screen.

Short term missions are taking 23 seconds to complete instead of 5 on one account but not the other.
  13. Derresh Augur

All of my accounts are running a ~70% success rate and the base success rate for most quests is 69% before you apply any agents. It is almost as if the green number the success rate changes to after applying an agent is a complete lie.
  14. That0neguy Augur

Any updates on this? Specifically with regards to using DBC to complete these? Right now its impossible to even get through half of the missions before the refresh. Enable rushing the missions again with a disclaimer that the % is off. Or up the limit of 5 quests at a time so we can at least complete them all or most of them.
  15. yerm Augur

What about selling temporary mission slots? It effectively works the same as finish now from a rewards perspective, but missions still run their full duration. So for example, you pay 100 daybucks and get a 6th mission slot for 1 week. Maybe increase the price incrementally for each additional slot.

More slots will mean wanting more agents to utilize the slots, so more sales there.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

Anyone know what factors govern a critical success, or is it just completely random?
  17. Baldur Augur

Those numbers on the stats page aren't exactly accurate either, they are inflated because they are including the tutorial quests and all conversion quests which are 100%.

So your actual success % is lower than that.
  18. yerm Augur

Are you guys full on stupid? WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING HERE?

The quests are balanced around 500 tetradrachm per 12 hour quest. So running 5 quests at a time this is approximately 5k tetras per day.

At over 25k per brew this means you need to mission nonstop for 5 days straight to get ONE SINGLE BREW. To get a vox or naggy drop using brews you need 62 brews. This means it takes over a literal year running missions on cooldown at 100% success to get ONE OMM ITEM.

Get your heads out of your rears and don't swing the nerf back for the fences. multiply the cost by 10 maybe, not over a hundred. Jesus.
    Mithra and That0neguy like this.
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Dead Quests?
  20. That0neguy Augur

It almost feels like they are trying to kill this feature already. The OMM brews are good for 1 xpac. After that there is practically nothing useful at all for sale. To go and up the prices of everything to this extreme? Did someone accidentally drop a decimal when figuring out how much should be awarded and what it should cost?