TOFs raid change

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drakang, Mar 11, 2020.

1. strongbus Augur

just tried this for 1s time after patch before we just bet it after enrage timer. Now we get owned. and the change to spells working sucks.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This raid was annoying enough without these changes. If this is their tuning for T2 I hate to think what T3 is like.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  3. Ravanta Suffer Augur

I don't know. The more I think about it, the more I think that this game has just gone on for too long. Every video game will ultimately have what I call a "superman" problem and I think EQ has been at that stage for a long time. While I've not played every expansion, but I've played through a wide variety of them at different stages, and it just seems that EQ ultimately has had an identity problem for a long time.

The game engine itself literally cannot keep up with a modern raid force...and these changes just seem to be hard-coded difficulty spikes because they can't think of any other way to stop the players. The way ToFS is right now was no problem for MS, we definitely noticed the change but it didn't make the event more engaging or rewarding. It just only succeeds at locking other guilds out of it.

I can only guess at what keeps the current population playing. I can only speak for myself, for me it's the class that I'm in love with. The game is losing it's appeal though.
  4. Lianeb Augur

I think we might be finally seeing those in the raid that are afraid to get Rank 1 of the debuff.
    I fear they might be calling themselves out?
  5. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Unrelated. Restless dogs are nearly immune to spells. They have been amplified for damage output, and also can't be slowed or debuffed. Non-restless dogs and restless skeletons are affected just fine, but restless dogs basically ignore everything. They do this regardless of wearing ranks of Restless Chill, regardless of your positioning when attempting to cast on them, and regardless of the mob's position.
    Scornfire likes this.
  6. Drakang Augur

Glad other guilds seeing this issue and not just me reporting it. Upping hps was bad. Making a bunch of DPS not work on them at the same time is to much.
  7. Sancus Augur

That's not accurate. There are specific rules that govern what will land on them; they can be slowed and debuffed with spells that meet those rules.
    Kuvani, yepmetoo, Lannin and 2 others like this.
  8. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

Just for data points: on cazic's open raids we were able to get some enchanter slows to land, and while I couldn't get malo to land in any remotely reliable way the accompanying debuff did occasionally stick. we were unable to get *any* shaman slow or malo to stick, including: AA slow, pbaoe slow and a few other casted slows; current level malo (and aoe malo), unresistable version, malo totem, etc..... as mentioned before, tried with debuff counters on and not... no noticeable impact. Proc slows seemed to land though.

the event used to be kind of fun for me. but since I can't land stuff on half the mobs it's rather boring now. can't even splash it well with everyone spread out and LoS issues.... disappointing really.
    Lannin and Whulfgar like this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Try beast slow and bard slow, spells/songs not AAs.

Basically with this raid as it is now casters can get comfy on the bench :)

If this is the future of raiding I think my raiding days are over.
  10. Duder Augur

Shm Counterbias works for slow

Shm Cloud of Grummus did not, Bst Sha's reprisal did not. Bst/Shm poison and disease DoTs landed fine.
    Lannin, Sancus and Whulfgar like this.
  11. Tenken Augur

cancel that! [edit'd repeat of basically what someone else said]
  12. Ibudin Augur

If your guild is lazy on the swaps when Chill is getting too high on your raid force, and the ones sitting in the halls at zero, this will totally burn your win. The changes they made are just enough to punish the stupid here.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  13. Windance Augur

Before the changes, on a good run we were right at the 20 min mark. Last night our best run was roughly 23 min with a wipe at 12%.

For us the change it isn't "being lazy or stupid", its about having just enough DPS before the change and now getting blocked from working on the 'easier' 2nd event.
  14. Maedhros High King

If you're counting on the 2nd event being easier, I am afraid I've got some bad news :p
    We beat the Heart with no difficulty although it obviously took much longer than previously. We had 4+ mins til enrage timer.
    The wedding started off easily enough but when we hit 25% on Nosja and got some bad luck on spawns that were not dropping Daman at the same time as 7 dancers... things started to get intense. We managed to pull through and win it but that was a bit of a pucker.
    Tserrina was no harder than before and nothing special happened sub 40% like we thought was supposed to happen.
  15. enclee Augur

2nd event is way easier than the 1st event. When you say 7 dancers are you referring to the Named Wedding Party or the undead dancers you get for failing the emote?
  16. Metanis Bad Company

Inverse Logic rolled through all 3 ToFS raids last night without Cloud's participation.

We did have grief counselors standing by however...
  17. feeltheburn Augur

kudos ...not sure how you all survived without the great one .... LOL
    Modef likes this.
  18. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I think it's impossible to say what the changes to DPS requirements are at the moment with so many high DPS abilities/spells not functioning on many of the NPCs in this event.

If you're struggling since the change, it's not even worth trying until they fix what they screwed up, in my opinion.
    Windance likes this.
  19. Deillusional Augur

Yep no different apart from slightly more hp / dmg from the mobs, did you get the key drop ? we didn't on AB.
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  20. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

We did