Community Letter: A Note from Jennifer Chan

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So the Free play is supposed to help players decide if they like the game and then they can pay the subscription and get some more benefits - like the FREE $35.00 Heroic character give away tomorrow, discounts in marketplace etc.

So lets say you spent $15 for one month. And you did it soon enough before that Heroic character give away tomorrow. So then you would have the FREE $35 character with all AA to level 85 AND you could auto grant your Necro during the month and even earn more unlimited AA or go up in levels and get more auto grant. And access to other games under the umbrella you can play.

Then you could cancel - no hard sells, no contract, no argument - your free to cancel whenever you want. And all those AA will be there when you return

I am not sure why you felt the need to come here and voice your opinion when your not even going to be playing the game long enough to learn that the exp slider does not stick in EQ. (? Not sure what that is about but its nothing to do with free accounts.)

Perhaps that salty taste in your mouth is something else.

I don't want your stuff
  2. Fala New Member

As an on again off again player I love that I can pay when I want to play for a while and when I don't plan on playing for a period of time I can keep the accounts without paying for them.

Welcome to the new position JChan I wish you the best.
  3. TeddyTen New Member

lol so the cash shop and expansions aren't enough.. You need a monthly sub... a monthly sub so important they throw 5 other games at you for free...

Anyways say what you will my necro is stuck at 250 aa and the xp bar stuck at 50%... Who in there right mind would continue without paying? No one.

Would also like to add almost misclicked the little pop saying if I logged out I would lose 250 aa's ... Not only was I lost as a returning player I had to make permanent choices before logging out...

Real fun.

Well there you have it. The insight of a returning player... You can all be like Nennius and take offence to my comment or you can work with it... Until then my necro remains inactive. Have fun with your 85's
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Go ahead
    You grossly underestimate the costs involved in running a game like Everquest if you think subscription costs aren't needed. Next, I take offense at folks who think they are entitled to something for free. Soo...Bye!!

P.S. Parts of this are complex. Suck it up, buttercup.
    Jein-ko and Skuz like this.
  5. TeddyTen New Member

Entitled lol, I'm from the 80's that entitled hoopla didn't start till 2010... I've paid my dues in every aspect of life... Thank you very much

Entitled according to you means play a toon at lvl 94 with 250 + aa locked, with a locked xp/aa slider bar... at 50%

or pay to unlock it

Those are exactly my options

Pay to play or login a paper weight.

lol since you're full of sass exactly how much does it cost to run a game like eq....huh? Enlighten us.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

No. In this case, entitled means you seem to think you should get it for free. It is a game after all and it is produced by a for profit company. Be grateful that any portion of it is FTP.

You aren't owed anything.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=entitled defenition

"adjective: entitled
    believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
    "kids who feel so entitled and think the world will revolve around them"
    And from those who were born in 1960's, you are a kid. You talk about logging in a paperweight. Pay the minimal amount needed for a months subscription and then you won't be dead weight.
    Oh, and have a nice day
  7. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I think you reply is too personal.
    As a veteran of the game, even removing the special feature of us paying and earning a year of /veteran reward was just ripped from us to allow everyone to have it. Like keys needed for zones back in the day.
    It is understandable don't doubt it, but what does the ' veteran ' player get? There is "entitlement'' to be had as a veteran player I am.
    I take your remark offensively.

You are right it is great that some of the game is free to play, YES I can play with none prestige, Apprentice mercs with 90% rezes.. RK I spells.. Loosing the ability to spend or earn any AA.
    You are right.

Have you seen the news today?

There are other games that are free to play. If no veteran is special and entitled as such, what keeps us here? Oh boy, loyalty NPC.

Even Game Support is lacking and I am a veteran.

I have spent thousands of dollars in this game.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We get 500 free currency every month. We have other bonuses for logging in during the summer.

I don't begrudge anyone for being given a little extra that i have been enjoying for years. If it means more subs for EQ the better it is for all of us.

I've paid and played continuously since January 2001, the only time I've not logged in was during the forced downtime we had for a month a few years back due to hackers.

Those that are free to play cannot expect to be able to use the whole game, they get access to all but the last few expansions and don't have to pay for anything unless they want to go past that point or earn AAs to further their chars or wear the best gear of each expansion.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Vilf New Member

Thanks for carrying the mantle of representing us all.

Maybe here is something to ponder. Today the anniversary started, and one of the things a couple of my friends in EQ were looking forward to, was the free heroic character. Yay, a new character to play with without going through the entire leveling. You see, contrary to me who still have a few characters under 85, they are all full up with 85s. or higher, on the account and the server they play on.

Now, we all thought that of course a free heroic would be associated with one more character slot, or else it wouldn't make sense. Or so we agreed (and expected) back when the announcement was made. Now we find that assumption wrong, and that basically means the most loyal and active of players get an anniversary present they are unable to use, unless they kill one of their existing characters that they have put endless hours into leveling above 85, or start playing on another server where they have no friends. This is an efficient way to piss them off and have them looking at playing other games (what I mean is: you might in fact be loosing the most loyal of customers for this reason).

Perhaps consider delivering that free heroic character with an extra character slot.
  10. Dmitriy2 New Member

Hello, Jennifer. Welcome!
  11. Maneuvre Augur

Hello JChan! Excited to hear you are leading us into the future. I wish you all the best and really hope you consider providing the PVP community a chance to come back home [IMG]
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Can buy character slots with Loyalty points if you aren't already at the character slot per server cap (14 I think it is), there are technical reasons/limits for some of these caps (bag space, guild bank space, number of bag slots, number of character slots etc.).

If you are already maxed out on 85+ on your current server then you can still use the free heroic on another server. You are more than welcome to play on Phinigel with us :)
    Jein-ko and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  13. enclee Augur

Best of luck to you. Hopefully, you don’t take the rocky start personally. Ideally, you’ll have a sit down with some of the more prevalent community members and listen to how you can their money easier and take more of it.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Metanis Bad Company

I hope you had your flame retardant suit of armor today! Isn't it amazing what a pack of babies we become when we don't get our way?
    Rolaque, feeltheburn and Deathly like this.
  15. Chopin.Xegony Augur

Our way would have been a decent expansion that renewed the awe and enjoyment of Velious. Our way would have been fun and creative content that made us all relive the experience we obtained in Velious when it was released 20 years ago.

We are furious that even though this expansion is far below what we hoped for or expected (our way) we payed for and played. They then announced that raids would be staggered released one tier per month when OUR WAY would have been to have them all open right away so we could have all the content we payed for right away. We then dealt with the situation of staggered released raids. We made plans in our lives to ensure that we would be on and available for the raid dates that the Everquest team set (once again not the players way, but the developers way) then the developers FUBARed the release date after a large portion of their elite players planned out MONTHS in advance their schedules so we could work around the Developers way.

The players haven't gotten their way at all in ToV.
  16. Magic Augur

While understanding DPG busy a bit with Live servers problems, like Overseer and T3 raids, but why them totally forgot about TLP community? This 21-celebration have nothing for active TLP players and nothing for players who wait new server.

I hope the new management will want to see not losses in their statements but income and they will give the order to open a new FV TLP server now (not in summer).

Server like FV TLP will be much profit I sure, not matter truebox or not, because players will spend more money to their characters as it long term investment, most players who not have time for raid or not want flagging/keying will not leave at Luclin or PoP - them just can get all gear on Bazaar.

Its Dream server I know, but maybe it's time now to make dream come true?

There is hundreds of people who not play EQ now, because no new server, and thousand of potential players who work from home (many of them will come back to EQ as hear news about new server open), this is a lost profit for you, which may cover the cost of all the last spending on Live innovations.
  17. Angahran Augur

If you want the cool stuff maybe try paying to play ?
    And you'll be doing your little bit to keep the game running for another 21 years :)
    Naedyin likes this.
  18. Angahran Augur

Everquest has always been a subscription based game.
    This free to play stuff is a relatively new addition.

If you want all the bells and whistles then you pay.
    It's not like the sub will break the bank and if it will you should probably be doing something else and not playing games.

Where else can you get a month's entertainment, 24/7 for less than $20 ?
    Naedyin and Skuz like this.
  19. TeddyTen New Member

By bells and whistle do you mean the ability to earn aa? Like I posted before my aa was locked, my xp bar locked and was given and ultimatum that I had to choose before logging out or would lose aa...

Don't play your main for 18 months comeback with a deleted UI, blocked aa's locked xp bar and an ultimatum.. And I'm the poor badguy that wants everything for free?

Like I told the other guy. My toons a paper weight till I pay again. Nothing about not being able to afford it or the 21 year rant about devs needing to eat...

It was insight as to why it sortof sucks as a returning player IMO. Others were welcoming Jennifer and dropping their two cents. I did the same.
  20. Herodotus Augur

Pardon my ignorance. I don't prowl the boards. If you can afford a subscription, why not subscribe? No attack intended. Just curious. And as Angahran noted, the TLP option is really new to EQ and is pretty limited. I assume by design.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.