TOFs raid change

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drakang, Mar 11, 2020.

1. feeltheburn Augur

lol just being geared does not mean you can play your class, anyone can gear up and not be able to tie their own shoes....just saying.
    Lannin, Funky and Allayna like this.
  2. kimbotta Lorekeeper

Pretty sure he can play his class just as well as you if he isn't on the bench or kicked out of his guild for sucking to bad. That's your logic, right ?
  3. feeltheburn Augur

well my logic, since it is lost on you as most things are it seems from your posts....is that magelo proves nothing of a players abilities, his yours or otherwise, other then gear. There are plenty on magelo that have a hard time finding their way home but are very well geared. Can tell somewhat through aug choices I suppose, but again tells you nothing of the player, and last time I checked did not show if a player was sitting on the bench or getting kicked. Anything else intelligent you would like to add? or is there more inane banter coming from you?
  4. Warpeace Augur

Great choice, Magelo the stat padding king of the EQ internet. Anyone can max the 2 stats it says are most important. Still dosent mean anything. Could use raidloot just as easy and get the same or better picture.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  5. feeltheburn Augur

not to mention its not authentic so could be adding just anything to it he wants. But thats none of my business :)
  6. kimbotta Lorekeeper

Sure! If you have attempted the two events in question, can you let me know how the changes have affected the events for your guild? I'll try to get this back on topic.
  7. feeltheburn Augur

LOL you have made posts to the contrary and now want to be back on topic? Im quite certain T1 and T2 for us will go down just as quietly as they have in one night as they have prior. That is how a well oiled machine does thing, bump in the road does not deter that, nor did we take either down by the skin of our teeth. I have no concerns, how you doing?
  8. Triconix Augur

Magelo != skill
  9. Cloud the Third Augur

Hitting top 5 dps in every raid in tov since the release of tov means I don't know what I am doing I know. Clearly everyone in my guild just sucks so even though I don't know how to play we can still beat it with me doing high dps.

Clearly if you know me I am an anti-pay for stuff outside of subscription to play which with krono means I don't pay for anything. Magelo doesn't mean much I know but feel free to make a toon on luclin and come inspect me if you think it is false. I don't run around with powersource all the time but outside of that everything will be correct when I am not raiding.
  10. Allayna Augur

[IMG]

Picture proof that magelo doesn't equal skills. Grats on all that gear though...

Clearly our bards are doing something right...and it has 0 to do with magelo epeenx.

Show me the parse.
    Lannin and Funky like this.
  11. kimbotta Lorekeeper

Burn man I'm only asking because I'm not sure what the dev team was hoping to accomplish with the nerf to the events.
  12. feeltheburn Augur

frankly...makes me sad for IL then if your parsing top 5....guess no zerkers, monks or rogues there to speak of then....must be tough from the cheap seats...frankly you couldn't hold Caio's jock strap, since you wanted to call out players here.
    My BASIC point really was in reference that magelo is a poor use of a tool to denote one's skill level, as you tried to point out and wasn't calling you out, but since you threw down the gauntlet there it is.
  13. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

So... unless we feel like returning to talking about the ToFS raid and the recent changes, maybe this thread needs to be locked. Or take the weiner fighting to tells.
    strongbus likes this.
  14. Tappin Augur

I honestly wonder what was going through the minds of the devs when this change was conceived. It doesn’t make anything more difficult for the top guilds, just makes it harder for those who are just making it by. You’re not going extend anyone’s sub (those who don’t sub year round) any longer (the opposite is probably true).
  15. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

It just makes annoying raids more annoying... for the top-end guilds... *shrug*

But for those struggling to win, yea, you're totally right. I wish I knew what the motivation was... we've been killing T2 for a month.
  16. Funky Augur

WTB better adps
  17. Cadira Augur

Bunch of dots (taking up debuff slots)? And no Aria (song version) in that spell line up?
    Lannin and Proximoe like this.
  18. Caio_Xegony Lorekeeper

hey this is Caio here, I don't know how I got dragged into this topic, but /wave
    Duder, adetia, Funky and 1 other person like this.
  19. Belexes ForumQuester

I would say most of their apps come from other servers. I came from another server to Xegony in order to app to MS and ROI. I moved servers before I even knew what guild I was gonna apply to. I no longer raid, even though I enjoy it very much. I just don't like the race and the way a racing guild has to operate. Way too much like a job. I am really enjoying my time spent in the game to be my own, not the guild's time. I don't have enough real life time to have a raiding job AND to enjoy a game.

Look at it this way. If you are part of the nerd race and want to be in the top 5 of that race, the crumbs that fall off your better's table are from gourmet cakes and breads. :p Those two guilds have very high standards and most apps will wash out. Don't ask me how I know. :p They may not choose to go back from whence they came.

Just think about what kind of crumbs fall off the table on the other servers. :p You are in a good spot actually.

I remained on Xegony because of the population and there are some good people there. I moved everything to that server. I can live off crumbs. :D
  20. Szilent Augur

why be good when you can just torpedo your guildmates to end up #1 on the parse?
    Duder, Xeladom, Funky and 2 others like this.