Krono

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by FJRQZ, Mar 11, 2020.

1. FJRQZ Journeyman

How much does 1 krono cost in game can it be purchased with Play: also how many Kronos do you need to pay a month subscription?
  2. Paradisic_parasite Elder

Live servers typically 2 million plat(from other players). 1 krono for one month's sub.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Price of buying a krono from another player varies drastically, currently from about 30k plat to 2.5 million plat depending on your server.
  4. Numiko Augur

only problem is the cheap ones are found only on TLP servers where you need a all access account to be able to log into them, sort of a catch 22 thing.
  5. FJRQZ Journeyman

I play on bristlebane. I'll just keep playing free to play route till can afford a paid subscription. Need to convince wife to let me buy a subscription though she thinks it's a waste of money so have a feeling will stay free to play.
  6. Ryhme Lorekeeper

lol... you need to ask your wife below 20 bucks? Then you make something wrong...
  7. Flatchy Court Jester

Just start going to the bar after work instead for a few hours. She will gladly let ya subscribe I would think after that.
  8. Roxas MM Augur

exactly what Flatchy says, explain to her that for the price of 4 beers you stay at home and wont meet other women, that will give you the 20 bucks to play EQ. :)
  9. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

She reverted to my neighbor, had a kid together.
    It didn't work!
    :)
  10. Moege Augur

You now have the $20 to play EQ .. so it did work!
  11. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

She took me for everything!

Your turn! :)
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Show her how many hours a week you can get from a sub & how many movies you could watch a month for the same money.

Ask her to think about how much she would spend on one night out a month at a bar - it will be vastly more than your month sub.

I could go on, but that's how you explain it to her, and all the time you are playing she knows exactly where you are.
  13. Moege Augur

HA! Im not falling into that trap !
  14. SunDrake Augur

It's cheaper than coffee if you drink coffee.

Edit: or cheaper than soda. It's cheaper than anything you likely do other than drink water.
  15. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I would like game cards back.
    I like to pay for my sub by cash.
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

My family prints out the EQ logo and pastes it on Visa/Mastercard gift card for me for presents. :D

I do still have some original real EQ gift cards, guess I should use them before the finally make them void. Oh, wait they can't do that lol.
  17. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Yeah, Gift cards were the way to go. Some folks just don't want to trust anyone with a CC number. Bringing back Game Cards would be great.
    Back in the day you would just trust someone for a game card code for plat in game.. if it didn't work you got the player to give you a good card number or the plat back ( I NEVER heard of a situation anyone ripped anyone off) But now, 3rd party sites sell Krono for $5. All from players that auto bot to sell rare for plat to buy Krono in game. The people getting screwed is Daybreak.. Buy via Daybreak store, or buy on a 3rd party site.

I simply don't understand why the development team has not jumped into police mode and stopped the 3rd party program botters, changed Krono.

Billie Eilish ' " Duh !"
  18. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Having Krono a 1 time trade...
    Player buys a Krono to sell in game to get in game platinum (currency). Simply because it is hard for players to earn platinum.

(1st trade)
    So that player sells the Krono, they bought in DB store, to the player in game.

What if that player buying the Krono in game has farmed millions of platinum to buy 'in game Krono' then advertises Krono on a 3rd party website for $5 a Krono.

(2nd trade)
    That player gets a 'sale' buyer to buy his Krono, in game does the trade.

This player is camping camps, using campfires to sell loot drops he just farms over and over consistently populating the same camp for months! This player is paying his RENT by doing this against the Daybreak rules.
    Krono is property of Daybreak Games. Krono is not permitted (or any EverQuest item) on any 3rd party website with out the specific permission of Daybreak Games. (Remember the days of ebay?)

What bothers me is that guy is there, won't give up the camp, and only way you get anywhere is to pay him. His accounts are so powerful he will simply out dps you.

That player would not be able to do this if Krono was a 1 time trade.

That 'plat farmer' player would be stopped in selling that Krono (without the permission of Daybreak) on the 3rd party website.

The 'plat farmer' uses 3rd party programs (to play 5-6 accounts while afk over night) to farm elite items rare items to also sell for plat. These items also are sold on 3rd party websites seeking a buyer to do a trade in game.

Because Daybreak Games does not have the ~whatever~ to stop this (because it continues), then Krono should be a 1 time trade.

Do we even NEED elite items? (The items with the green effects) "WTS Ice... 10 Krono PST!"

Players turning EQ into a JOB has effected others playing the game. Using 3rd party programs and websites to do so. A violation of game rules advertising items on 3rd party sites that are property to Daybreak.
  19. code-zero Augur

20. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!