EQ PVP Big Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hane, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

Seems odd to spend so much time posting on the forums while also bragging about having a great server to play on.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

1,000 posts and still no PVP TLP.

Feels bad man. Especially after Dreamweaver's comment.

You understand "discussion thread" doesn't mean "support thread", right?

Lol I wonder if even half the comments are in support of PVP.
  3. Maneuvre Augur

Ok, I'll play your game. But first, thanks for the shout-out a few posts back. Regardless if you were being sincere or not.

still no PVP TLP? There is a PVP update on the most recent patch notes, new servers are yet to be announced.

DW's comment? DW needs to make comments like that to keep the sour patch kids from rage-quitting.

Your last two points. I understand discussion is for constructive communication. You understand it's not for being deconstructive or impolite, right? Ok. Feel free to start your own constructive criticism post labeled EQ ANTI-PVP Small Discussion Thread. Bet we give two cp about it lol.

Now let's all agree that everyone posting in this thread so far has some sort of vested interest on the topic of PVP TLP. The truth of the matter however is that many Krono farmers worry about their way of life being threatened. So they don't really offer any discussion. Just toxicity from their forum troll burner accounts. Mark my words, Krono bot farms will be the death of this game. I hope some of you are prepared to accept that. The writing is on the wall, Manglers consistently ask for support to combat the problem. But it continues to go unchecked. Sooner or later those pleading for help will become exhausted and move to greener pastures.

Lastly, the amount of PVP grief being thrown at the poor, poor, innocent PVPers is just preposterous. You would think the trolls were natural PVPers! I say its time for them to hangup the ForumQuest gloves and put their grief skills on the line.
    [IMG]
    Good day sir!
    DosPanchos likes this.
  4. DosPanchos New Member

5. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

You PVP bois have a hard time with the reply button.

The PVP note is about rez sickness. Right below the note about rez sickness and PVE. But yes...act like you got something special.

Lol at your DW comment. You guys are hilarious. Cognitive dissonance at its finest.

Constructive criticism either for or against PVP belongs in this thread. This isn't the pro PVP safe space. It's for all PVP discussion.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Awesome so we are getting a PVP TLP next go around
  7. kenmei Augur

There's a WARHammer Return to Reckoning going on, e-m-ulator (why is this word banned?).
    It's surpassing 3k players 24/7 on the average.
    These players are playing a game illegally and highly likely they will be hacked.
    Yet they are playing.
    And EQ still says there is no call for a team pvp mmo, or any pvp mmo i am guessing.
    When did EQ stop watching and listening is my question.
    You want proof, go watch, look at the armory on their website, the game crashes because there are too many players. No evidence whatsoever.
    Maneuvre likes this.
  8. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

Literally no one has said there is no market for PVP or MMO PVP.

People are talking specifically about EQ PVP.
    Meridian and Skuz like this.
  9. Runes Augur

I think the PvPers are going to get their wish finally since the producer letter mentions they are working on TLP servers. With a multiple server release I would think it's really unlikely they both would be PVE servers unless they are thinking of releasing a classic start TLP and some other interesting ruleset or special event server.
    If two PVE servers were released I may actually feel bad for the PvP community at least for a few minutes.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Almost every tlp has been multiple servers and they've all been pve, lol.

They aren't making a pvp server
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Runes Augur

I don't remember a launch of multiple servers in the past five - six years except for the recent Selos Mangler launch? Phinny, lockjaw, ragefire, agnaar, coirnav were all single tlp server launched from what I remember, although I think there was a limited event server mixed in somewhere.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

13. Mr Blue Sky Elder

Give the dozen or so people who want a PvP server their cesspool please.

Just make it free to play, no ones going to pay for that rotting stench of .
    Sure have my £££ I will buy kronos, bags, potions only to get repeatedly warped and ganked by bot armies. :rolleyes:
    I'd be better off having SUCKER tattooed on my forehead.
  14. code-zero Augur

They've already got Zek and that's f2p. Problem solved, problem stays solved :D
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Kittany Augur

There was a small typo in whatcha said. Fixed it for ya :D :cool:
  16. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

One of those servers/rule sets is making them a boat load of money.

The other...not so much.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Combine/Sleeper
    Fippy/Vulek
    Ragefire/Lockjaw
    Selo/Manger

Phinny/Agnaar/Coirnav/Miragul are the exceptions:

Phinny launched shortly after Ragefire/Lockjaw, and iirc it was the first of the TLPs to support a much larger number of players so it was kind of a special case that didn't need an overflow server.

Agnaar/Miragul are special cases because of their very unique rulesets.

Coirnav is the only "standard" TLP that really launched on it's own without an overflow server, but at the time it launched both Phinny and Agnaar were still pretty popular and interest in Coirnav was lacking so it also didn't need an overflow.

Quarm is the event server you're referring to but I wasn't counting that one since it was always a limited time server.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. ECrack Augur

Alright trolling aside. Humor me and honest to God this is my last post on this thread but I’ll check on the responses to this one.

We can agree the PVP community at worst case is somewhere between 100-300. I personally think it’s 400-600 but I digress. I will humor the haters. Again, humor me.

Pretend to agree it’s between 100-300.

This is several times more than the 12 at peak some of which are probably boxes that are on Zek, yes?

Take Zek, make it a TLP.

Done. Legit only person on the planet earth who might fight this with ground to stand on us Armourcarr. Or however you spell his name and tbh he’s probably on board.
  19. mark Augur

zek was a total flop never got above low population,you want a real red tlp server your best chance his to buy out darkpow or give them the cash to run one.
  20. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

No. We can't agree.

Considering the # who showed up for a ONE TIME event on a FREE server I'd say you're 100-300 is beyond even the best case scenario of people willing to pay $ every month for PVP.

Absolutely nothing to support the 400-600 figure you cite other than populations on FREE servers.

In what world are you claiming 100-300 is several times more than peak on 12 servers?

Combine/Sleeper
    Fippy/Vulek

Those - yes. They're super old.

Miragul - yes. Trash idea from the start.

The rest? Several times more at peak? Lol ok.

Some of which are probably boxes that are on Zek? What? Are you saying there's people on TLPs boxing who ALSO play on Zek? Lol that is just too funny. Yes...I'm sure the 10 people on Zek also box on a TLP. You got it boss. And that's inflating TLP #'s. Wow. Just wow.

Your solution is to wipe Zek, which will small still has a handful of players? Toss out their years of work so a few dozen people can get their TLP?

You people are absurd and it just gets worse.

Thank god DPG sees these threads and can see all the spam to boost the thread count, same small # of people posting over and over, and thoughts like this the PVP crowd has.

Please continue. You're only helping to bury any chance of a server. Or get one to shut you up so we can all watch it crash and burn. Really a win win.

And FYI: its posts like these that make people go against the PVP crowd. Not that we hate PVP.
    code-zero and Skuz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.