Are other servers as bad as Emarr for botting?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by JeffHanson, Feb 28, 2020.

1. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

How can you blame players for being forced into bad decisions by an unprecedented gameplay change by devs after 20 years of it being more flexible in terms of how you can efficiently level by simply grinding and killing mobs?
  2. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I'm not sure exactly what your question is? What I noticed when I was on that server was, several bot players were used by one person. I once met a player in game stating he had over 44 accounts running on auto programs on various servers. #platfarmer!

This was... a year ago I believe. I repetitively reported another player for afk playing and that afk player was back at it the next day.
    NEVER EVER was any afk player using these programs banned or on any 'vacation'. Simply put, for over a year now, GM's do very little but give you a 'thank you for your report...we can not disclose what action will be taken.. we will investigate the issue...'

You know,
    Holly “Windstalker” Longdale is gone. I appreciate the work and devotion, but GM support is basically- 'players, deal with it on your own' when it comes to these bot groups or players.

If it has anything to do with suspending or banning.. it simply does not happen. You can use programs left and right pulling half the zone on an auto program even fight your charmed mobs.. and GM's won't do squat.

My god, you know. I have so many petitions and /locations with screenshots. NOTHING happens.

N O T H I N G

FV WAS FULL of these type of players. And these players are in high end raid guilds tainting general about YOU not being fair about it.

It is madness.

No wonder Holly basically said, hey something came up.. thank you .. c ya!

PS I Don't know what the UI of a hack program looks like as one mentioned in another thread
    Ok Darkpaw, explaing your logic on this one
    No, I don't.

Everyone is hacking? WTF.

I hope the next person taking over Holly's position will enforce the afk players.
  3. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Its simply "before" vs. "after" when the before is "before TOV" and now the "after" is after TOV was released.

There is simply no way to deny that the forced questing to efficiently level has resulted in at least 4x the business for those who automate for profit(I will just put it that way).

Debate everything else as you like but that fact is without dispute.

I guess it's just something else we have to deal with when the darling sisters of the uberguild variety once again get the ear of the Devs during an expansion design cycle. This time the results of their shenanigans is to upset 20 years of tradition of being able to level like you prefer to: grind or quest.
  4. Gremag Journeyman

Correct. EQ dev leads have adopted a "central planner" mindset. Play OUR way, or not at all. And just like all central planners, they fail. Planetside 2 put a central planner as design lead and despite that game's recent revival (as a result of removing other central planners, i.e. DBG execs in the investment group) he is hurting gameplay with the PLAY MY WAY mindset.

Whoever said YES to killing grind experience needs to have their decision making privileges revoked.
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  5. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

So today everyone gets /veteran rewards with no restrictions.
    Maybe if this happens GM's will (be allowed?) ban players for 3rd party program users?
    Simple, it's a business model. Ban a player for 3rd party program, player ends up buying the expansion and heroic plus grind time (monthly fee with Hero Forage) .
  6. Bobokin Augur

A few days ago, I was in CR to invite a new guild recruit. The only other players in CR other than us were three, six character each, bot teams just starting out.That is 20 characters and no more than four real players. That is, if the one player wasn't controlling the three bot teams.

I guess that's the present and future of Everquest.
  7. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Boxing is one thing, using 3rd party programs to do so is another.
  8. Razorfall Augur

[IMG]
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  9. Razorfall Augur

Just submitted a ticket because there were TWENTY SEVEN of them in GD
  10. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Plenty of evidence is present....get to ST on FV...count the picks. Do a "before" vs. "after"....the end. Quite easy actually.

You should feel stupid now....because that really was easy for me.
  11. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I just checked, the players are still at it. The GM's don't do anything.
    Can everyone else check if the players you saw and reported are still at it please?
  12. Razorfall Augur

Correlation does not imply causation. You'll need to do better than that.

In other news, the same 30 or so people are still in EW and GD.
  13. Vago New Member

As others have said, FV is horrific at the moment. There’s some camps I don’t even need to check, I know they are already taken by bots.

Eok/Ros/Tov are all absolutely filled, guess TBL was too much effort to flag bots for the zones because it seems fairly empty. Devs don’t seem to care at all but it’s really starting to spoil playing at this point.
  14. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Did you go around and check on all the groups? Because not answering your /ooc isn't evidence of bot activity. In fact, I purposefully turn that off when people start acting like buttfaces and sometimes, in my peacefulness, forget to turn it back on.
  15. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Just because your statistics textbook said that doesn't mean common sense fails to see the connection.
  16. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Dear Soandso:

In regards to your correspondence concerning Daybreak Game Company LLC, your position was communicated to the company. We regret to inform you that BBB was unsuccessful in obtaining a response from the company.

When a business does not respond to a dispute, its report with BBB is updated to reflect an unanswered dispute which has an adverse affect on its BBB rating. If the company has contacted you, please let us know so that our files may be updated. If not, we regret that BBB can be of no further assistance.

We appreciate you taking the time to contact BBB and report your experience. Please be assured that your complaint will remain in BBB’s file for this company for three years, and may be referred to if a pattern of similar practices emerges.

CSR at BBB
    Your Better Business Bureau

What is the next step?
    BBB closed this complaint because a reply was not received from the business after several attempts.
    There is no action for you to take at this time. We will contact you when we next require your input.
  17. sauron3030 Elder

Tov experiance is fine
  18. sauron3030 Elder

No one is being forced to quest
  19. enclee Augur

The BBB is a scam. I’m not sure what you expected. If you actually want to get Darkpaw to respond to bots, you’re going to need to do organize mass cancellations on a specific date and make it public. It’s going to take shaming them on gaming websites and all the social media platforms and not just Darkpaws but related games showing that EQ is for bots.
  20. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Because you said so right?