Hunter mob spawn rate in TOV zones seems too low

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Fian Augur

This wasn't a problem with TOV when it first went live (and was greatly helped a long by having increase named spawns one weekend, and some bosses respawning every single time), however for those that didn't complete their hunter in the first month, the current respawn rate is very low. I am seeing this in multiple zones with multiple mobs. The spawn rate definitely feels less in TOV than previous expansions. Can we get the spawn rate for named bumped up a little?
  2. Dhurgan Augur

From a previous post by Ngreth regarding ToV rare spawns...
    I did the hunter for all of T1 recently and it was pretty accurate.
  3. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Ngreth is a streaker!
  4. Fian Augur

That sounds higher than previous expansions. Also, in TOV some mobs have a lot of ph. Clearing all of them is going to take more time than a standard 3 ph name. You should probably have a higher spawn rate for bosses with more than 3 ph.

It should also be noted that in that same 72 minute window, you could have run multiple missions and gotten multiple chests of loot. Long respawn times just makes camping a name for an item less viable.
  5. svann Augur

How long into the expansion do you think hunter should be designed to take? Serious question - looking for opinions.
  6. Cloud the Third Augur

1 hour per named x total number of named for expansion.
  7. svann Augur

I really meant how far into the expansion (in months), say for the average player. But ok, I guess your saying the intended time of 72 minutes is just fine (or 20% too long?).
  8. YetAgain New Member

72 minutes my rear end! I spent several days of 4-6 hour camps on some named in ToV and STILL have yet yo see a single spawn of the named. This was clearing ALL ph's and surrounding trash. 1 every 72 minutes? -- what method of time-keeping are you using? an exponential modifier where 1 minute = 5hours?
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

Some nameds just never seem to spawn for me too. Tisella in Lavastorm and Gruplinort in Sebilis for instance. The RNG can just plain suck at times.
  10. enclee Augur

I think it should be around 100 hours of actively played time.
  11. CrazyLarth Augur

they fixed a bug that put mob spawn rates to start working instead of repoping after being killed
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea Tisella was the last mob I was able to spawn. I got nightmare twice and the other mobs were pretty common. nightmare and tisella were roaming mobs and I just kept killing them and they spawned to my surprised not to long maybe like 5-6 hrs on the whole hunter. Sometimes u think u will do a hunter fast and sometimes slow. did 40hrs for just one mob in kedge and did both gorge and lavastorm in around 16 hrs tops (10 for gorge although fabled's were up so maybe during that one was more common not sure) 6 hrs for lava and after I killed tisella I stayed for maybe 30mins and got her to spawn again rng can be good or bad. Spent 3 months on my ranger for werewolf in nk were my wiz with no tracking got it three times haha or the 3 months I spent on goldentalon prob the worst hunter for me so far had like 1500 griffon meats on me.

Andarriel

ps p 1450 n 545 just kill all roamers in lavastorm.
  13. Nylrem Augur

Lavastorm and Seb moved to ToV now huh? lol...

Most named I've found are now on that timer, ish… but, some are very tough to get all PHers in the 'traditional' way...

A returned dracoliche in EW has been the most annoying...

After his aug for several toons, have at least 20 hours killing 3-4 PHers at a time, because their pathing, when pull them LONG distances gets severely borked. They end up porting themselves clear across the zone.

20+ hours, killing 3-4 of 5 or 6 PHers, 2 named killed, zero augs.

Frustrating.
  14. Jondalar Augur

If you have the appropriate amount of Heroic Charisma you get faster spawns
    Jennre likes this.
  15. Daedly Augur

I spent a good time camping an Icy Torment in Velks... Well, I was going off the maps I had gotten which had the PHer locations from when the expac first came out. They have since changed and I waited far too long to check. Once I found out where the PHers were, it took me 1 clear to get it to spawn.

So, just be sure you are actually killing the PHer's and not just going off of what your map says.
  16. Fian Augur

One thing also to consider is it will normally take more than 1 minute to kill a ph. Named camping usually isn't full groups except in hard places. Also, to keep things interesting you normally are killing more mobs than just the ph, so the ph may be up for a few minutes. So 72 min becomes more like 80-90 minutes in real world situations.