Any more news on free Heroic chars during Anniversary?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bronk, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

And to anticipate the folks who won't pay attention to the restriction on this I will choose to be proactive.

Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Hopefully we will get the warning message like we do now if we try to delete the one from 2014/the original free one.

Remaking/deleting the one from 2017 has no warning message and as dev have stated and we have proven in game - that one can be remade over and over.

This is going to be necessary for those of us who still have those 2 unused on some accounts - that warning is the only way to tell the difference unless you have xray vision and can see which is designated as working as a paid or working as a free.
  3. svann Augur

Whats that? I never got time entitled.
    Lost my vet rewards when I transferred this character to a new account, and have very slowly been earning them back.
  4. eqzekisdead Augur

darkpaw games beefs it again
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

They changed it so that accounts ticked up every day regardless of being paid or not, 7 years ago when they released heroics and FTP.

I have FTP accounts that have never been used or paid for, that had 7th on them. Novelty of them gone now I guess!
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Yinla like this.
  6. Bronk Elder

Free to play is capped at 250. Silver is capped at 1000.

Yeah, 250 AAs is seriously gimped. I speak from personal experience. :)
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well, if you use heroics on free or silver accounts they get all the AA up to the level 85 so that alleviates the need to subscribe and auto grant for a while. But they cannot earn more after that until you do subscribe or buy the AA unlocker (which is a waste of money - cheaper to sub a month)
  8. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

That is not what that says at all. Pretty sure that's the wording they use every time it's one per account.

You can only get 1 heroic character credit per all access account during the bonus period. But once gotten, it will act just like a normal heroic credit … unless they actually want to go through the hassle of coding something different AND dealing with all the customer service crap.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Yinla like this.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

The wording in the patch message is definitely confusing: "This character can only be redeemed once per account."

However, I agree with Cragzop...I'm quite sure JChan doesn't want to start her reign as EQ Overlord with the massive customer service headache that will result with one-time use heroics.

I could be wrong...the devs seem to enjoy making things difficult for themselves these days.
  10. Bronk Elder

Any verification that the heroic will stick around after the Anniversary so you can use it after you unsub later after the Anniversary period?
  11. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

What things have ever been granted as a gift that have been taken away - anniversary or not?
  12. eqzekisdead Augur

Make these anniversary heroics lvl110 but keep them in the same lvl85 gear and spells to keep the dev work easy. Everybody would love this.

You're welcome for the genieus idea darkpaw games.
    Ghanur likes this.
  13. Ghanur New Member

They handed out Heroic Characters in 2014 and 2017 anniversaries.
    Back then Silver accounts got them, green/ftp not.

All free heroics had this one time restriction, only heroics bought for $$$ could be redone, withous getting any items again.
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

No, they flat out said it is usable once and if you delete it, it is gone just like the first one they gave us.

They didn't need to code anything different.
  15. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

This is flat out incorrect.

I have FTP accounts (or Green) that have both a level 85 heroic from 2014 and a 1 heroic character credit from 2017. And if I use that 1 heroic character credit to make a toon … when I delete it, the credit is back (minus the 15000 plat, bayle marks and whatever else is in that only one time set).

Just cycled through clerics/shaman/wizard on one account a few weeks ago to imbue gems. No issues whatever with it on a ftp account that I have never spent funds on.

Where did they say this?

I'm happy to admit I'm wrong. But what has been quoted so far in this thread is not that.
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

- All players who log in to EverQuest during our 21st Anniversary Celebration will receive a claimable Heroic Character! This character can only be redeemed once per account.

You can redeem it once. Not as many times as you want by deleting it.

The 2014 one was one time use. The 2017 one was reusable. This one seems to be one time.
  17. Derd Augur

Thats not what redeem it once means , your just trying to argue something your wrong about. Pick the server you want the heroic on , then it will function just like any other heroic charachter. Redeem only defines that its 1 per account not that its a special one time charachter type choice.
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Well, make it in a couple days, delete it, and then you'll know.

If you try to delete the one that can't be recreated, it gives you a warning message.
  19. enclee Augur

Well, I lost the free heroic in 2014 when they offered it. I made a heroic Wood Elf Beastlord, then hated it almost immediately. So, I deleted it thinking I could just remake a different heroic, but no it was gone.
  20. Tucoh Augur

Hard to care that much about level 85 heroics with how far that is from a level you need to find a group. Either you have the social circle or boxing tools to level to 85 quickly or being level 85 just puts you in a grouping desert where nobody wants to group with you, you don't understand the game and everything takes so long to molo that you may as well play a different game.

EQ really needs a squire system where you can join a high level group and modestly contribute while not being a huge liability.