Paladin heals not saying oor until done casting

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Thomaz, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Thomaz New Member

I looked for this in another post but didn't find one. So if its a repeat I apologize. The 3 spells i have noticed this on are Burst of wakening Rk.2,Sincere light Rk.2, and Sincere cleansing Rk.2. With all of my other heals as soon as i cast it if the target is OOR i get the or message. but with these 3 they finish casting before i get the message. i have tested to make sure my target is not moving. Can anyone tell me if this is by design or just a bug? Thank you
    Cragzop, Zataos and Baldur like this.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Are you sure the out of range message is from the spells themselves? Is there any chance you have a worn proc/augment that can fire off of heals, and that that remote recourse is what is out of range?
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

No, he's right. Pretty easy to check yourself. Move to 300 range and cast one of the new htot spells. Two are fast casts so you might miss the effect. But cleansing with 1 sec cast time is easy to see.

I suspect it's because the heal doesn't get resolved by the game until the end of the cast, waiting to see if it's a direct heal or heal target of target. Which I'm really okay with … cause the spells are DY-NO-MITE!!!

I guess you could have the spell determine if direct heal or htot at the start … and if direct heal, check range at the beginning. You definitely don't want the htot checking anything until the end of spell cast.
  4. Thomaz New Member

Yes i am sure it is the heals them selves causing the message. Only reason i found this out is with the 200 range i was main healer in group and trying to avoid a 185 range pbae silence. I tested later in PoK and the spell gems never grey out if the target is more then 200 away and they do if less then 200. My first thought was it has to do with HToT function of the spells but Sincere cleansing does not have that component best i can tell. In very few instances will range be an issue so not that big of a deal just curious if this is by design or a bug.
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Cleansing is heal over time friendly OR target of target (look at the spell inspect window).

So it's probably a function of htot.