Not A Bug Velium Infused Amice of ... still missing focus

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Tutankamen, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Tutankamen Augur

The Velium Infused Amice of Vigor, Brilliance, and Adroitness are still missing their focii.
  2. gnomeboss Augur

in tov, both detr and bene mana pres combined. and put on ring. you'll get a myrmidon's click on your shoulders and be happy with it!
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

And still not a bug :)
  4. Cloud the Third Augur

Can you make the next ultimate chase item called Bug. Or maybe an aug called bug that is uber like the artisan aug so we can talk about how great the bug is?
    niente and Vexana_Lanys like this.
  5. Lubianx Augur

It will be a Beetle mount called bug
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

And how about a tinkered buggy to ride in.
  7. Duder Augur

Many foci were combined from 2 items to 1. For example:

-Shoulders' detrimental mana cost reduction focus and rings' beneficial mana cost reduction were rolled into 1 effect (Spell mana reduction) and put on new rings.
    -Earrings' detrimental spell duration extension focus was combined with cloaks' beneficial spell extension focus onto the new cloaks as just 'Spell Duration'.
    -Rings' beneficial spell range extension was combined with masks' detrimental spell range extension focus onto new masks as just 'Spell Range'.
    Skuz, Celephane and Tutankamen like this.
  8. Tutankamen Augur

So basically if you're a casual player (like what, 70% of the playerbase?) and you're still wearing last seasons gear you're penalized severely for not having the latest and greatest... got it.
  9. Duder Augur

Use the old stuff until you have the new stuff... no penalty there. Stop being so self centered and hypothesizing dev conspiracy against the casual player. There is no penalty, just pay attention to what you are wearing. In reality consolidated foci would help the casual get all their foci quicker.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

There should have been a transition expansion where the combined focuses were on the items to continue … and the old items that were to lose focuses still had what you would expect from the past. That way you could have upgraded any item and been safe … but the next expansion, you would be stuck. IF (and a big if) you transitioned to the TBL evolving chase ring, you were covered from the shoulder drop.

They decided not to do this. I feel like all the confusion around the TBL evolving focuses (off then on then off then...) helped in this oversight (and yes, it was an oversight).

Basically, if you are looking for upgrades … rings (mana) before shoulders, backs before ears, face before rings (range).
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

Not to take this thread TOO far off-topic...

Aside from the xp gain model in this expansion (leveling comes from task/missions/ach, not killing...still not happy about it), ToV is the most casual-friendly expansion I've seen since maybe...TBM? Especially with respect to gear. I'll probably regret saying this, but ToV makes gearing up group/casual players stupidly easy. After the clusterfudge of TBL, it's definitely a welcome change...and was probably intentional. And if you're wearing "last season's" gear (TBL), don't sweat it...you'll be fine. And I'm speaking as a group-focused player...haven't raided in years.

I suspect the next expansion will go back to a gearing-up model we're more used to, with certain things not being so easy to come by.
  12. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

If they make a Tinkered "Buggy" it will need to randomly breakdown to be authentic. Can you imagine running from a train and your Clockwork "Buggy" loses a leg 20 yard s from the zoneline!! Fun times!!
    Fanra likes this.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

Not a bad idea, but I was actually thinking of something more like this, but in a Norrathian theme.

[IMG]

We dwarves could use this to carry the remains of the overly tall races to be used as food or for fuel, or perhaps just for our own amusement.
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

No.
    Reducing spells ALSO reduces server calculations, which helps lag due to processing. We're not leaving a focus that will still be CHECKED, wasting processor time, despite the fact that it won't trigger (once you have both).
    Duder likes this.
  15. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

So … what you are saying … is the duplication of everyone's wrist focuses are causing massive lag?
  16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

massive may be too strong. Contributing though... even if it's a small thing I can do, it's something.
    Sancus and Duder like this.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Man, that image gave me substance use flashbacks....
    Nennius likes this.