Overseer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jontrann, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thoughts before they vanish from this old ladies head never to be seen again.

Silks - just silks no other TS stuff
    Ore - Just ore no other TS stuff
    Rogue poison stuff - no other TS stuff
    Alchemy stuff - no ohter TS stuff
    baking/brewing stuff - no other TS stuff.
    Tinkering stuff - no other TS stuff.

As the TS mats are now, players end up with a lot of stuff, but half of it is for things they cannot use or don't need.
  2. Flat Toad Elder

Heh,heh...new toys enabling triple inverted backflips with a double gainer inverse layup may appeal to some...but I'd settle for just a humble boost of Heroic toons to 90...and maybe a bacon cheeseburger dispenser in the lobby...
  3. Cloud the Third Augur

So can we get the overseers to do raid achievements for us?
    Tucoh likes this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The criticism on EQ2 about their Overseer stems from it locking too much power or progression. I like the current EQ1 model with cosmetics and TS mat rewards.

One great opportunity would be for Overseer to level/xp Tears of Alaris (offer tablets?) and chase loot (Rallos Zek Earring, TBL Fight Fire rares).
    Skuz likes this.
  5. ZoomBox Lorekeeper

Just some thoughts:

From what I am reading (I rarely play on test so have not seen first hand) . .
    This appears to be something similar to the EQ2 Gathering Goblin / Pack Mule for gathering tradeskill materials (and since the Mass-Exudus of EQ players to WoW among other platforms I refuse to ever play WoW so have no comparison to the Barracks mentioned).
    The EQ2 abilities are unlocked by progression and send them out periodicly for gathering tradeskill materials of various levels and they return with a mixture.
    It would be nice if the Overseer could do something similar: Farm OoW materials, GoD materials, PoP materials .. . a selection, as well as periodicly some Collectable or Armor Ornaments.

Going back at level 110 or 115 to slaughter Qinimi, Barindu, and other older zones for the one or two rare components needed in bulk for leveling skills to 350 for Artisan Prize such as Bazu Blood, Tea Leaf Oil .. .Tedious Waste of Time and shows no real skill or dedication as some will always Bot farm junk, and others willling to spend plat for it without any effort
    Make some of that stuff rewards or gathered items from the Collector, Lock the Collector behind a progression task or zone .. . or make those items available from a vendor also locked behind a progression .. . .
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Great points there. All advancement need not involve combat. In any case, the Overseer system may generate excitement. Perhaps excitement will entice players to return with cash.
  7. Mediik Augur

It seems like the chase gear has had far more impact on this game than the “Luck” system. That just seems worthless to me.

Everyone is talking about tradeskills for overseer. Can it get me collectibles?
  8. Qbert Gallifreyan

Yes.
    Mediik likes this.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

Are any of the usual, very helpful folks, preparing a guide to Overseers?
  10. Natal Augur

What about those of us who don't give a rats rear end about the "economy"?
  11. Qbert Gallifreyan

If you open the overseer ui and press the help "?" a lot of the information is available to peruse. I'm not sure if a guide would be helpful, but more power to whomever wishes to do so. The system is pretty straightforward (perhaps it gets more complex in higher level quests, I don't know).

I was pretty pleased to see OMM brews on the overseer merchant this morning on Test. That one thing alone should feed a lot of people's interest in the system to gather some clickies, etc.
    Zamiam and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  12. Riou EQResource

The only thing really might need for an overseer guide is like maybe best practices to min/max it or something, generally its pretty straight forward though
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Having never done anything similar in any other games, it is self explanitary
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

It will be interesting tomorrow. Do I have to be in a particular zone to do the tutorial?
  15. Qbert Gallifreyan

Nope.
  16. Bobokin Augur

When there is no longer incentive for casual players to participate, the game will fail. As Everquest devolves further into a race for bot teams and raiding guilds for L33T L$$T, the less likely it will survive.

But hey, as long as you get yours, eh?
    Nennius likes this.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

Trying out the overseer system on Test ATM. It is simpler than I had thought it might be. One tip: You may need to move the window around to see things at the bottom of the window and it really should be resizable.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Swordsmaan New Member

I am not able to access the full Overseer window, apparently because I am on laptop. There is no ability to scroll.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Interesting I used laptop and PC to do these on test and never had an issue with it.
  20. Riou EQResource

Depends on if your laptop is full hd or not, if it's the standard laptop resolution 1366x768, it's basically impossible to select agents in the bottom box
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.