State of tradeskills in the game

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Feb 11, 2020.

1. svann Augur

To the people that think its better to wait 6 months to get the T2 gear because its 7% better than the T1, what if I told you you could wait another 6 months till December and get gear that is 7% better than that?
  2. Monkman Augur

Maybe I’m wrong. I just feel that it’s a waste to go t1->tradeskill and bank all that gear that could have benefitted someone else.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

And then wait another year to get something even better. At this rate I will feel obligated to wait decades to upgrade. Now where is my Fine Steel stuff.
  4. Allayna Augur

Gear is a crutch. I haven't found myself tanking ToV raids and been like, "if only I had better gear"....

Each event is beaten with tanks in last years raid gear.

DPS is and has always been king. So for (melee) DPS classes, a shiny new nugget (once they fix things like the damage cap on 2H weps), actually matter. Visible raid gear (T1) has the same exact focus as Nugget gear and is great for casters/priests.

90 Froo Froo tablets and 1 Nugget per event is meh. We know at the 6 month mark chests will start dropping 2. I still think it should be 1 for T1, 2 for T2, 3 for T3 chests though. Give an incentive for more difficult content.

As for tradeskilling to get BiS, it's March, Allayna is finished with the TS ear quest, max AA, max exp, all group achievements completed, everything but raid cheese from ToV completed....

So I feed alts with quests, but I agree, BiS gear that is heavily locked behind content and cost (leveling all TS to 300) shouldn't be the way of the continued future, IF it's going to become bag fodder in a year.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I would, literally, pay money for access to a consignment system like EQ2. If this happens, please consider making it retroactive for ANY combine from ANY era. Thanks.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

Id much prefure raid gear being the best in slot items not trade skilled peices..

Why not make T1 raid gear T2 raid gear and a ts gear set that is equal to T2.. but does not supersede it ?

Lole we used to have actual multiple tiers of raid gear ?
  7. Fian Augur

I think RoS had it right. TS gear was less than the actual drops. It was a way to get the focus if your raid force hadn't unlocked the drops for what you needed, but it wasn't so great that you would choose it over the actual drops.
  8. Windance Augur

I for one am glad the Devs added the raid 'mumbis' and 'ore'.

It helps a lot to be able to get good weapon upgrades early instead of having them locked behind T2 or T3 progression.

Getting to 300 in all the TS's is fairly easy with auto combines and newer TS recipes.

Anyone who's in an upper raiding guild should have everything done in the first week anyway so what else are you going to do with your time ?
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  9. ShadowMan Augur

ROS had it right. Normal raid was best and multiple trade skill drops per chest filled the rest as close enough.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Fian Augur

This may come as a shock to you, but not everyone who plays EQ and raids is in an "upper raiding guild."
  11. Triconix Augur

I don't think you get the point. The raids aren't hard enough to warrant getting T1 gear before T2 so why waste the DKP on it? You're better off just waiting a bit and getting BIS.
  12. enclee Augur

The answer is in your post, none of it matters. If, you beat the raids already in TBL gear then it doesn’t matter if you upgrade to T1 or T2 because the outcome is the same. Someone has to take the gear, whether it’s BIS or not, it really doesn’t matter.

Edit: DKP, really?
  13. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Please don't. We are playing EQ. We are not EQ2. If I want to play EQ2, I can. I choose not to.

I have been sorely disappointed at the current thinking amongst the developers that EQ players want better things (graphics, interfaces, overseer systems, etc.) first. EQ players want content. We want zones. We want quests. We want missions. We want raids. We want new spells and aas. AND WE WANT THEM TO WORK.

If you are not spending 90+ percent of your time on an expansion developing content, you are not spending your time wisely. We're playing a soon to be 21 year old game. The graphics are not modern … who cares! The interfaces are not modern … who cares! After 21 years, we know what we want.

No one asked for ice shaders (seriously, I looked … there isn't a forum post anywhere that says … hmm … EQ would be so much better if only there were ice shaders). There are some folks who like the look … there are far more who won't even go to a new zone because you've whitewashed the graphic look so bad.

No one was clamoring for the new Overseer system … which looks like it gutted taking another look at ToV raids before they went live and lessened the amount of new anniversary content we get. The producer post said that this was suppose to help people catch up to current levels on live. So far, all the posts I've seen seem to be able using the system for tradeskill drops folks are too lazy to put in the time to get themselves or buy from others. No one seems to be concerned about this system actually helping lower levels catch up.

EQ is great because there is so much of it to explore. Let's keep that going for many years in the future. Stop spending time making EQ more EQ2 like.
  14. svann Augur

Waiting a bit?
    Do the math and you will see that by raiding all raids once a week you cannot actually outfit 54 raiders in T2 in all the slots by the time the new raids start next year. And yes, that is counting coin rewards. Willing to wait a year and still not upgrade all slots?
  15. Szilent Augur

Six months after expansion release, chest reward goes to two bricks per event. Redo your counting
  16. svann Augur

Ahh ok my bad. Still going to be close to end of the year though.
  17. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Well, still, the top raiders will have all BiS... the ones who joined later and didn't have a 7000 dkp head start won't see half of those items, yet will still be broke :)
  18. Triconix Augur

Literally same thing was said last year. What happened? They increased bricks per chest and they started going to alts. EQ community is hilarious. Same arguments are rehashed ad nauseam as if they have short term memory loss. The only thing that will extend the wait a bit is it's recently been confirmed (?) that there will be no anniversary raids.

As I stated before, it goes well beyond just DKP. Time, money, dkp, etc is all wasted by having Tier 1 loot.

The main problem starts with the EQ community. They have a tendency to complain persuade the devs into getting what they want in terms of loot. If the devs put their foot down and enforce these artificial and superficial they put in place initially, T1 gear would actually serve a purpose. Players would have to "choose" the items they want to make T2 vs just getting as T1, even though we all know it'll be mostly the same choice of visible items and weaps as T2. However, that's not the case. As what will happen in TBL, the ores per event will increase and by the end of summer T1 will rot and T2 ores will go to alts.

That brings up the concern of time and money. Ngreth has adamantly stated he likes to keep items development in terms of total items to a minimum and not add extra fluff. If that's the case, why even bother creating an entire tier of gear that won't even last the length of the expansion? That time and money could be shifted to different development work that keeps the community engaged. You want to streamline itemization? Create one tier, have chests drop 6 ores and spells and call it a day. Heck, if you want to break up the ores, have a specific ore for visible, non visible, and weapons. That way you have 3 different ores dropping, 2 of each per chest.
    enclee likes this.
  19. enclee Augur

I'd be in favor of just 1 Tier of gear. Multiple tiers of gear never made sense to me, it expedited mudflation and made content pointless.
  20. svann Augur

That was because last year we had gmm loot that outclassed T2 loot. No anniversary raid this year. I do admit that I miscalculated as I forgot that chest ore doubles 6 months in. Recalculating, it seems that a full raid of 54 will take till oct 30 to outfit in full T2, and thats assuming they dont have over 54 which many do. Just about the time guilds stop raiding ToV and start beta testing. Imagine that.

Dont get me wrong. This is not a complaint. Im just pointing out that the implication that everyone will soon be fully outfitted in T2 is mistaken.