Min/Max shaman box lvl115

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Evye, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Evye Augur

Hey all
    I'm looking for tips to Min/Max my Shaman box with my Ranger.
    I like to keep him simplified since my ranger is the star.
    We (ranger and shaman) were very successful in TBL.
    Shamans are such a deep deep class I feel like i could be getting more from him

I really only use 2 keys for him:
    my assist key is assist, malo, aoe slow, epic 2.0, and dissident roar.
    My Dot Key. Which is 5 dots (i'm not even sure what the best dots are anymore since tov)

Any key setup dot set up aa set up for boxing would be appreciated.
    He focuses on ADPS and DPS
  2. Tucoh Augur

I'm not sure what you use this box group for, but based on this post I'm guessing you either group with someone else who does the tanking/healing or you have two healer mercs.

Either way, here's some things to practice:
    • Keep Alliance, Ennui, Savage Growth up on your tank
    • You should be prepared to heal in two key ways: 1: single target healing where you spam your reckless heals on someone, 2: group healing where you cast your spectre of renewal (for synergy buff) and then spiritual squall. You'll also be able to dramatically increase the group healing power of a merc / player by just casting spectre of renewal regularly against mobs that AE.
    • There's a whole bunch of AAs (Ancestral Aid, Spire) you should be using regularly, go down the list of AEs and make binds to trigger them.
  3. chocster Lorekeeper

Recommendation:
    DoT Macro: Marlek's Curse, Evil Eye, Chaotic Poison, Elkikatars Pandemic, Be sure to not use Ranger Root until all your Shaman DoTs land, that way they dont break your root, or better yet, maybe put a root macro into your Shaman spell weaving. This could buy you alittle breather room while on your main ranja. Using the above DoT macro = 4 lines but 6 DoTs running, so now you have a free line to add whatever you want, maybe utilize Root AA into that macro, or the Grp heal, or splash. Good thing about grp or splash heal is the mob can be targeted and you still get benefit

Your Assist macro: Unless you are meleeing, I would dump the dissident roar and go with a heal over time in your 5 line macro, it last last longer, doesn't cost as much mana, or go with a splash or grp heal for initial "Oops, Evye got hit"
  4. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

when grouping, if you have enough time to cast 5 dots on the mob then you're taking too long to kill tbh. disease dots are light on mana, but the return on investment is also pretty low.

- from your description it doesn't sound like you're keeping a pet out, doggo is actually decent this expansion and esp with epic + roar going you'll see some benefits from 'em.
    - I would also make sure you're meleeing with the shaman.
    - as tucoh said, there's a whole slew of AA you should be using..... here's a couple
    - use visionary's unity (pack buff), if you're not. also swarm pets (spirit call).
    - rabid bear is $ / fleeting spirit / healing ward for burns after slowing but before anything else really.
    - make sure you're using aid / spire as part of your burn and/or part of your rotation.

all of that can be implemented with just a couple more keys.
  5. Evye Augur

Thanks for the replies guys.

The only time I ever dot anything is when it's a namer or maybe a giant in tov.

Going to take your suggestions and try them out
  6. Kamor Lorekeeper

So you want to min/max but want it simple, you want the shm to do more, but don't want it to outshine your favored class.

Dots-figure out how long the mobs you are killing live, then pick dots that last roughly that amount of time. Decent group it would be the fast dots, solo it very well could be multiple disease dots. Make triggers for when the dots wear off so you don't waste time.

ADPS-Shm have alot more skills and abilities than Epic and Roar. Go into the AA tab (class/arche) and sort by activated. Read them, then make keys that click 2-5 of them.

Heals-You probable use two healer mercs or you're a headshot hero.. just ignore these abilities, and AA.

Rez-do the OMM missions and then Vox raid. The AA/Spell AA is out of combat only.

There are lots of easy to find, well written guides for the shaman. You're asking people who enjoy the class, and focus on it to give you advice on how to use it as a glorified buffer. You'll get exactly as much value out of the class as you put into it. My advice is to play the shm as a main in some pickup or guild groups, ditch the ranger for a week or more, learn the game play as a non box char.
  7. Tucoh Augur

Unless there's a trick I don't know about, I'd recommend seriously considering whether you're willing to invest the time into getting the staff of forbidden rights. IIRC it involves executing a fairly boring and tedious quest some 32 times.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=85523
  8. Razorfall Augur

Ditch The Hamburgler
    Kill Mayor McCheese

BECOME THE BIG MAC
  9. Kamor Lorekeeper

Since only clerics have a true combat rez, this item is literally game changing for any class that can use it. I'd put it on par with Epic 2.0 as far as usefulness, you wont click it as often but when you do, it can literally turn a potential wipe into a win. As far as tricks... pick enchanter and you can literally do all three missions (6 brews) in a touch over an hour with a little practice. The first run or two for me was total pain, but it got really easy. The raid can drop the staff, but you also get 4? brews from doing it.
  10. Razorfall Augur

Alternatively, use this hero's forge armor
    [IMG]
  11. Evye Augur

thanks for the tips.
    I love my shaman too.
    he was the 1st character i ever made back in 99 and the only other character i play.
    I'm just an ok shaman but I'm an amazing ranger =)

12. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Clerics, Paladins and Necros have a in combat 96% rez. Also everyone can buy rez tokens, long cast time.

Staff of Forbidden Rights, need to do the vix raid to atleast see it on the vendor iirc.

Vox/Naggy raid, 2 brew for complete, 3 brew per item sold back, so 1 person can get 8 brews per raid if you funnel items to whom needs. Can also drop from Vox raid. Can also run the Naggy, Guk missions for easy brews. Believe group items in missions sell back for 1 brew.

As far as min maxxing a toon. Tons of things can be done, augs, type 3 augs, various clickies from older content. With anniversary starting soon and hard core hertitage soon... make a list, start at bang for buck and work backwards.
  13. Jondalar Augur

You can now get brews as rewards from overseer quests and buy rez stick that way.
    Tucoh likes this.
  14. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Still have to have it unlocked on the merchant
  15. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

which only requires that you beat the vox raid.... it is MUCH less of a time investment than it used to be.
    Szilent likes this.
  16. Duder Augur

This is not always the case. I have helped numerous people get theirs. Recently I helped some one who had Conqueror of the Worldslayer as their pre-requisite raids, had been in an OMM Vox and Naggy task for the completion, and had completed all 3 group OMM missions. They were still unable to see the rez stick on the vendor. He had never witnessed the kill of Vox/opening of the chest. So we went and did it, and of course during the kill a few of my characters died. Then after Vox died, without thinking, I removed my characters who had died and zoned out, I wasn't thinking. So we ended up with only 5 left in zone and unable to open the chest. So we kicked it and were going to do it again, but he checked OMM to see if it had unlocked and it had, after having witnessed the death of Vox.

I have had people witness the death of Vox and not able to see it until they have completed a group mission as well. I have had people who never zoned in to witness the death of Vox able to see it. The requirements are inconsistent in my experience.
  17. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

i'm not sure what's the what. But from personal experience since overseer has launched what I can say is that everyone I've run this with has had to beat vox and have the 7 old raids (so they CAN zone into the omm raids).
  18. Duder Augur

Yah, its been weird. But more or less witnessing the death, which obviously requires the perquisites to zone in, will cover most bases. If not, then do the grp missions till it unlocks.