Test Update 03/03/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No we got Heros Forge Keyring for armour onaments not weapon ornaments, sadly weapons and shields don't fit, or I wouldn't be asking.
    Jhenna_BB and Velisaris_MS like this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

Huh...I learned something new today. :)

I just assumed ornaments were ornaments...didn't realize the keyring only did the armor ornaments.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Funky Augur

i believe what you are asking for, is for lockouts to work somewhat like they do in WoW...

basically in WoW, whenever you beat an event for the first time (without a lockout), you are eligible for loot and receive your 5 day lockout. now that you have that lockout, you are capable to come in with a new raid but when the event is beaten and loot is shown (chest opened) everything would show up colored red (kinda like in advance loot when you are too far away when a mob is killed for you to loot). you cannot receive loot and you do not have any extra time added to your lockout. only those that do not have a lockout for that specific event will see the loot as normal and are able to loot.

this would give you the opportunity to participate on multiple kills of same events, but you do not actually gain anything other than practice or satisfaction of helping some other raid beat an event.
    kizant and svann like this.
  4. Inga Elder

If the merchant doesn't sell Overseer related items, the priority of currency for me will be low, as other items are expensive right now.

So we can sell collection dispenser itself in bazaar? I didn't expect that and it will probably change collection market.:eek:

Overseer Feedback

Fallen Noble, Common Diplomat (1)
    Unrest Noble, Common Scholar (1)

Both agents are shown as "Noble" at Available Agents list window and illustrations are the only way to distinguish them without filter. Please let agents show full name when you mouse over them.
    Also, please show full name at chat window when you get a new agent as quest reward.

Why Overseer Merchant is selling August Spitegem type 5 augmentations?
    It is pointless to sell anything weaker than Resplendent Sulstone.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

It will when it goes live :)

Yup!

For now we are being conservative. I looked for level 100 based augments for help on "catchup" not. "Give you current 'max power'"
    I may be on the too conservative side, but I'd prefer that and give "more" later than starting too generous and having to cut back.
    Mithra, Sancus and Nennius like this.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

It would seem the bazaar market for collectibles is going to enter a significant period of correction. It could really drop prices on the shinies.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Are these the old marketplace weapon ornaments that were "put in the vault" or ornaments based on Dhurgan's compilation or both? Also, are the illusion potions the source of the new Elddar illusion? Thanks Yinla!
  8. Riou EQResource

marketplace weapon ornaments from the vault, they seem to be ones that were 300-400 dbc

illusion potions for new Elddar, yes
    Inga and Benito like this.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Thanks Riou!
  10. Natal Augur

That will be sad...collectibles has made me a EQ millionaire :)
  11. Natal Augur

And with some manipulation and a few alts, you can gear up your entire guild from a particular event in a few weeks.

It is actually a bad design from a sustainability point of view.
  12. Dre. Altoholic

If that's how they want to spend their time, I don't care.

People have been using alts to get around lockouts ever since lockouts were a thing. The only thing a lockout accomplishes is 1. Making people find creative ways to avoid it. 2. Making people not part of group#1 not want to log in.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

Hopefully. Seeing some of these players with 20-30 of a single rare collectible selling them for half a million plat is pants on head crazy.
    Nennius likes this.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Same here. I will adjust though.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

I have made boatloads of plat. on collectibles in part because I stayed under the market. Lots of overpricing IMHO on collectibles. The Brave New World coming will cause me, and lots of others, to adjust our thinking on bazaar matters.
  16. Orbital101 Augur

The task 'This is Growing up still look buggy... Discuit is no longer offering the key word Esera for the 'Pay Discuit a visit step... You still can get the task to update by saying Esera but it also bug out at the step 'Return to Fireheart Tavern and try to find Discuit ZONE:Crescent Reach. He can also be found else where but if that is the case then the quest should say ZONE:ALL if any of those 2 zones are involved
    Never mind got it to update!
  17. Allayna Augur

About lockouts.

We had someone not feel well and log early on Sunday. That was AFTER the ToFS second event raid completion, but BEFORE the ToFS third event was started. They were removed from DZ and another player was added, so that the event we had not yet engaged had 54.

That person received a 4.5 day lockout to ToFS.1 - they participated in, ToFS.2 - they participated in, ToFS.3 - they were not even online for and left DZ before engage.

The same happened tonight. We don't let coin slots in a raid rot. An alt was in the DZ for coin and someone logged in late, the late player was swapped for the ALT. The mob was already actively engaged. But BOTH toons receive a replay lockout of 4.5 days and only 1 was eligible to receive coin, loot from the chest or participate.

The changes to DZs isn't going to fix this, it's going to get worse.
  18. Funky Augur

that is always a possible scenario, but i dont know any guild that would want do all of these events that many times back to back to funnel gear to a select group of people in each raid that aren't locked out of the event. from the time needed to run the raids that many times or even the RNG of what actually drops. that'd just be too much of a hassle.
    Allayna likes this.
  19. CrazyLarth Augur

That sounds like the DZ issue of ROF VP raid pick up raids Once you won the Silverwing and Xygoz and droped a toon out of task you still got at the lock out if the raid continued to Talendor (Raid) unless the raid droped the old task and got a new task then that out of raid person did not get the Talendor (Raid) lock out so they can now with their nomal guild go try for the Trophy.
  20. Funky Augur

the only way i currently seeing them fixing the way people get a lockout for an event they left before it ever even started is for them to put in a check for who is in the DZ at the time of a completed event or to put every raid in a different DZ.

the other option of having to drop a DZ due to swapping out people that need to leave midway through a raid DZ so that whoever left does not get a lockout on an event they did not participate in is too much work/time wasted
    Allayna likes this.