Why do Primary Anchors keep poofing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Teylana, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Teylana Elder

This has been a problem for myself, my guild, and many friends for over a year now. It's getting really old having to submit a help desk ticket for every single toon.

Until the issue gets fixed, can the CS team be allowed to return anchors to multiple toons off of one support ticket please.
  2. Allayna Augur

It’s been far more than a year. I think there’s a reclaim option now though. I stopped using them.
  3. niente Developer

To fix this we have to make a fairly large architectural change to the real estate system, which is one of the most difficult systems to work with in the game. This is why attempting to port to a missing anchor automatically creates a new anchor on your cursor as one of the "temporary" fixes.
  4. Teylana Elder

Except that is doesn't. I have never had a new anchor pop on my cursor. I get the message that I can't port and I end up needing to request the item back in a ticket -- one ticket per toon.
    Vexana_Lanys likes this.
  5. Teylana Elder

And what are you doing replying at 7PM? Go home! o_O
  6. Natal Augur

Why not just add a "port to guild hall" and "port to house" ability similar to those in EQ2? Then you don't need to worry about anchors and such.
    Yinla and svann like this.
  7. roth Augur

I thought that’s the plan?

Throne of Heroes may not take you *directly* to the GH/house, but it certainly gets you nearby.
  8. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

9. Natal Augur

It is not the same. The vet AA has an hour long cool down, the EQ2 ability does not. You get a spell that will port you directly into the guild hall whenever you want.

The corresponding vet ability in EQ2 (it is actually a clicky, but you get it as a vet reward) is a portal you can open that will summon a group member to you, or allow you to travel to a group member, which is extremely useful in traveling about. I would love it if they could implement something like that in EQ as well.
  10. roth Augur

Wouldn’t know about EQ2. Never tried it.

Get this sort of thing a lot (though usually in the reverse direction) with FF14 and FF11, where people who played FF11 want/expect things to be the same in FF14. Newsflash for those people, they’re not the same game.

Neither are EQ and EQ2.