Isn't it time for a new class? Or old class reinvented? :)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Snackattack, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Snackattack New Member

It's time Innoruuk had a ranger. For real, if Innoruuk can bless a dark elf to heal, resurrect etc, why can't we have a Dark Ranger. Kindof like the difference between the SK and Paladin. Necroish based spells, buffs even some lifetap arrows maybe? Arrows of disease and poison based. Bonus against undead maybe? skeletal wolf pet? sounds interesting. I just wanna see a dark elf ranger for once :)
  2. Nolrog Augur

Ah, not a new class, but a new race/class combination. That's different than a new class.

I think they didn't go with a dark elf ranger before because they were trying to avoid a billion combinations of Drizzt.
  3. Act of Valor The Newest Member

No dark elf rangers in my game, ever
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Innoruuk hates nature. Really, he hates everything, it's kind of his thing.

But nature he has a real hate-on for. He's funding more coal plants, dumping more toxic waste, and cutting down trees by the thousands.

He's never seen a nice natural area without wanting to level it all and build a factory.

The last meeting of environmentalists on Norrath was attacked by his minions and slaughtered.

So, yeah, rangers are out.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Tell that to our DE ranger in our guild. :) As long as there are illusions there will always be dark elves. :)
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I don’t get why people care about more class/race combinations.

Don’t people have hundreds of illusions by now and not even see their base race?
  7. Snackattack New Member

I run my base race on shaman/zerker, mage/necro and I run illusions on my cleric (skelly mostly) just for better mount control. I don't use illusions all that often.
  8. Cloud the Third Augur

Can we get rid of some races? There are to many as it is lets just make 2 types of elfs dark and non-dark. Merge high, wood, and half elfs into a single race. Merge ogre, troll, and frogs into a single race. Merge gnomes, dwarfs, and halfers into a single race. Get rid of cats and darkins or whatever that last race that was added completely.
    Metanis likes this.
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

How does that give you better mount control? One thing that bothers me about mounts is the sluggish control over them. It's like they are always moving on ice. Slow to start and stop and turn.
  10. Laronk Augur

Slow to turn? you can mouse look on them to turn right click or what ever
  11. Waitwhat Elder

Would like gnome monk!
  12. Beardsy Elder

New race/class combo? Sure.

Halfling, Iksar, Guktan: Berserker.
    Halfling, Gnome, Dwarf: Monk.
  13. enclee Augur

This makes an assumption that people even know of Drizzt. If, they were trying to avoid having an overused name, then there wouldn’t have been Wood Elf Rangers as an option while Lord of the Rings was at the peak of popular culture.
  14. Alarya Augur

Short answer: No
    Long answer: No, because that's stupid.
    kizant likes this.
  15. Graves Elder

It is time to reinvent an old class. Necro DoT revamp.
    Jennre likes this.
  16. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Why not woodelf shaman... they can be a danged beastlord!? Guktan beastlord? There are plenty of race/class combos that would be cool. They wont do it, to many items in game to go back and adjust, quest lines to re-do etc.