Are other servers as bad as Emarr for botting?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by JeffHanson, Feb 28, 2020.

1. JeffHanson Augur

I just spent some time running around to various zones on Emarr. In the EoK and RoS zones that I visited, there were several bot groups, and zero legitimate players (besides me). In the ToV zones EW and GD, there were a bunch of bot groups, and a just a couple real players.

In case there is any doubt, we have a few "bot guilds" on our server. Many people who play regularly know that every group from these guilds is automated. So I know how to spot a bot group quickly. (Tip for cheaters: /anon doesn't really hide your guild.)
  2. Numiko Augur

I would says its about the same on every server, as long as people can make Real World money off botting EQ its going to happen.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Why do you keep making new posts about botting on Emarr? You do know that is just as much against forum rules as other things.
  4. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Well, for the rest of us non-cheaters, can you enlighten us? Because I thought /anon did, in fact, hide your guild.
  5. Riou EQResource

/guildstatus
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Yinla like this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Have to target the player first?
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

need to target the player first, but it will tell you their rank and guild.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  8. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Ah, interesting, I didn't know that.
  9. Qbert Gallifreyan

Nah, targetting not required. /guildst namegoeshere
    Zaray and Celephane like this.
  10. Qbert Gallifreyan

Unfortunately this even happens on Brekt, which: has an extremely low population; no one can transfer off, and; no one even attempts to sell fruits of their cheating that I can tell (at least not in /baz or chat channels). There isn't even a krono market on my server (maybe one single krono for sale every few months, if that, and fewer buyers than that) so it's not like they are laundering plat either. So, ya, super odd, disturbing/annoying . . . but at least it is satisfying when reporting them works and they noticeably disappear (for at least a little while).
  11. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Honest question because I'm not on a dead server ... is it actually at all disruptive to the average player if someone is off in some far off corner of a zone by themselves? We see this sometimes on my server and those groups generally don't last long, but I always through it was because we had a higher population for the self-policing to work.
  12. Qbert Gallifreyan

If they were in a far-off corner I wouldn't likely notice them; if they were in an older expansion than the most current, I almost definitely would not notice them no matter where they were setting up shop. Conversely, since the population of my chosen server is so low, it is much more obvious when a zone contains, well . . . me and a fully-automated group that just so happens to be pulling mobs near me.

Yes, it can be disruptive depending on how/where they choose to establish their automation. Even if it weren't disruptive, ignoring cheating is tantamount to condoning cheating. I don't go hunting for cheaters, but if they are going to operate so blatantly they shouldn't be surprised if they go poof for a few days/week/forever, etc.
  13. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...y-on-AFK-or-Unattended-Gameplay-in-EverQuest-
    What is the policy on AFK or Unattended Gameplay in EverQuest?
    October 30, 2019 11:40

It is not permitted for an account to be played unattended or AFK.

If you need to be away from your PC for longer than a few seconds please move your character to an empty corner of the zone or log out completely.

If a character, including any pets or mercs, is found performing actions while the user is away disciplinary action will be taken against the account.

Disciplinary action for unattended or AFK gameplay can include, but is not limited to; account warning, account suspension, and account termination (ban).

So.. *staff*
    Why are these players still playing after many /petitions and /reports with screenshots /locations?
  14. Bigstomp Augur

These people should be banned.
    I can generally wander into EW or GD and find a group or two (sometimes 2 groups in the same guild as I have posted before).

Can we just ban these people?

It's not hard to observe.
    Lannin, Veteran_BetaTester and Daedly like this.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

The cheater being able to automated play all night cheapens my hard work actually playing the game.
    If my toon can play for me and aquire stuff for the 8 hours I spend sleeping and the 8 hours I spend at work, I suddenly have 16 hours a day worth of extra loot and xp.
    Lannin likes this.
  16. Schadenfreude Augur

FV is... infested. 77 characters in Great Divide and most of them are either known botters or clients being power-levelled.
  17. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

If TOV experience wasn't so terrible the level of the activity you reference would not have increased as it has at least on my server (FV).

So, to me, this was self-inflicted wound so to speak(by the Devs)
  18. AppleSplatter Journeyman

ToV exp is fine. *feeds troll*
    sauron3030 likes this.
  19. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Whatevs......data says different.

This is a force questing expansion....end of story.
  20. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

FV was so bad, I decided not to play on that server.