Producer's Letter: Anniversary and Overseer!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Xenich Elder

My only concern on server merges is if they merge Coinaiv with a server that has a later expansion. My friends and I wanted to experience the later game, BUT wanted to level from the start, AND did not want to have Defiant gear. We already planned to hit max level before the expansion that adds defiant hits so we don't have to deal with it, but... if they speed that up, and we end up with it before such, we will likely quit. Defiant kills any desire to experience the content. It kills the game.
  2. LDEffectsMe Augur

It seems like such a no brainer. I'd even pay twice as much as a normal server transfer to be able to move my characters between accounts on the same server. It sucks feeling like I need to map out all of my 3 box combos on different accounts so I can pre-plan who will ever need to play together, ever.

And I'm sick of re-leveling the same class multiple times because I can't later move them to another account.
  3. Xenich Elder

What purpose does it serve to have new servers of players can transfer their previous characters to them?
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

He doesn't want to transfer to a new server, he wants to transfer a char to another account
  5. Trong New Member

For example (same server)..I have a 85 Shammy on my main account that I would like to move to my alt account on the same server so I can duo with my Warrior on my main account.

Either allow acct-to-acct transfers or allow two toons from the same acct to be logged in.
  6. Bronk Elder

Any word yet if silver or ftp accounts will get free heroic characters?
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

the word member is usual for paid accts someone posted but I dont remember what post. but your free to log over to test and check.
  8. Bronk Elder

The GM said they'd check and get back to us since in the past other types of accounts got them too. Nudge, nudge.
  9. Zack New Member

Don't feel alone. I also want to know if the free heroic player will be free to all accounts. If they are for silver and gold accounts. It will make a difference on what accounts I will make gold or keep silver. And maybe update to ToV. In 20 years + of playing I have a few accounts. Some will never get used and some might. I do not want to lose out. Thank You
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Sissruukk Rogue One

12. Doors that can only be opened by rogues.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

How about having to hunt for all food and water. Oh, and corpses poof with all gear lost after a time (Original EQ there). Call it the SM server. Should have really low lag I would think.
  12. Kegwell Lurker since '99

Please disable True Box on Phinny, serves no purpose and promotes waste of electricity.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. Newbasaurus Journeyman

Really pumped to get a free heroic!

Just couple questions about it:
    1) I have a heroic already saved from the Christmas sale that I was going to use later. Will I have to use this before I use my free heroic or can I save that one and use the free heroic before it?
    2) Will there be a message indicating it's the free heroic you're using, so we know it's using that one and not a marketplace one?

Thanks.
  14. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

The last round of free heroics appeared on your accounts as a heroic character, indistinguishable from one that was purchased. I would assume (with no other information) that the free heroics this time will once again be as if you had purchased one for your account (so if you have one banked, it will say 2 banked when it adds). Since it is as if you bought the new one, no distinguishing will be necessary.

The only time weird stuff has happened with heroics were the free ones when they added heroics to the game many, many moons ago (like 8 years now?). Those were one time use only. That behavior has never been seen again in game.
  15. Grove Augur

Yes, but, later there was a problem. The "paid-for" heroic characters could be deleted and replaced as heroic. Free heroic characters, upon being deleted were gone as heroic options. IIRC
  16. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Only on the very first round introduced at the start of heroics … about 8 years ago. Those were locked to the toon once used … as I said above.

The second round of heroics we got free work exactly like a purchased one. I know cause I went through the various priests/wizard deity combos to imbue gems by using a free heroic over and over again last week.
    Yinla likes this.
  17. Master Kahleem Augur

No box servers are for niche player-base. That server's population would die harder than Mangler's because of how the game is designed past Velious. This will never happen unless to appease a smaller population than the PVP population.
  18. Daedly Augur

PoP progression and hunter would awesome...
  19. Bronk Elder

A few questions:
    1) Have the free heroics been announced officially anywhere except in this thread? Do we have a signed contract? :)
    2) Do we have to be subscribed at the time the Anniversary begins or can we get the heroic if we sub during that time?
    3) What date does all of this kick off? Should be in just a few days...
  20. Danaleigh Elder

Ah Ha ! Now I know why this producers letter was so short and not very informative. Good Luck with your future endeavors Holly !!!