Test Update 03/03/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Inga Elder

Overseer Feedback
    Please add "sort by Quest type" function to Offered Quest List in Quest Tab and icons that indicate Quest type for each Quest.
    It would be nice if you can see Job icons for each agent at Agent List in the future.

Please make Collection/Ornamentation Dispenser Heirloom.

Overseer Question
    Is the displayed Incapacitation Risk % for Successful Quest or Faild Quest?
    How Failure and Critical Failure affect Incapacitation Risk chance?

Is there a way to increase Critical Success chance?

Does Overseer Merchant sell Overseer related items such as Agents in the future?
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I love this idea.

This isn't really an issue as the collect item its self is tradeable. the dispensers also stack.

The merchant in is Planes of Power up top behind the library. There isn't much on there at the moment so things may unlock the more you do. Currently there is a couple of sets of Ak'anon oranaments (Chain & Cloth) 3 illusion potions (2 of which turn you in to Dougs), Rez tokes and Crystalised Luck. I don't think I'm missing anything.

There are quests to get new agents, curently I think they give 4 or 5, before patch they were only giving 1.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Overseer

Just did a quest that had 2 slots available for agents, only filled in the top one and hit start and it started. Do you not have to fill all slots for a quest?

Quest was at 99% and adding another agent made no difference, so happy it allowed me to only use 1.
  4. Allayna Augur

For your first response, it seems you misunderstand.

If I come loot from the list on let's say Griklor. Under these new stipulations, I can now no longer go complete a Griklor raid. When in reality you should get a participation lockout and a loot lockout. Like I should only ever be able to loot or participate in 1 event in 1 lockout period. But that is not the case (as I understand it). You will get a replay timer for coming to loot.

For your second response.... Events like Esianti, Ralafin, Fire come to mind, instances with large clears before starting an event. We would often snag who ever was available around 30 min early and clear the trash. Those in the clear may not be part of the best make up for the raid (6 enchanters or 6 paladins or what have you). They often would go to list for the event after the base pop clear.
  5. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

I don't see any changes to this. Those that were part of the clear but dropped the dz before the event encounter shouldn't get a lockout at all. However, if they were then added back to the dz after the kill they would get the lockout and a chance to loot.
  6. klanderso Developer

You only have to fill required slots. If you hover over the ! or ? in the upper left for that slot, it tells you if it's required or not.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Quatr and Yinla like this.
  7. kizant Augur

I'm not sure I fully understand all the DZ changes but I will state one scenario that some of us would love to have supported which may be possible based on the recent work.

Some of us actually like raiding and would gladly raid on our mains with multiple guilds. We don't care about the loot. Let me participate in as many raids as I want during the week and restrict me to looting from just one of them. This would help mid-tier guilds because more of us would be available to help out and it gives some us more things to do that we actually like doing.
    Dre., Fanra, Ssdar and 2 others like this.
  8. Allayna Augur

Someone gets it.
  9. That0neguy Augur

Or someone wants to raid with 54 people. funnel all the gear to 6 people. Then raid with 48 people and funnel all that gear to 6 others. Rinse and Repeat, and do it on your 6 alts as well.
  10. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

The only way I could see that being done is if anybody with a lockout counted as a raid in, so you were limited in how many you could bring. Otherwise you could exploit the hell out of it. Take a 50 man squad into Solteris, clear zone, alt loots clusters. Repeat all night with other alts looting clusters. Then hand out full suits of gear. Or do the same with any looted flags.

And the coding time to make that work is likely non-trivial
  11. kizant Augur

What real 54 people are going to agree to give all the loot to 6 people? And if this is one person boxing a raid with 54 alts what makes you think they aren't doing this today? They just use 120 alts and swap around as needed. Worrying about the handful of these people seems silly to me

I didn't play when Solteris was current so I don't know if I get what you mean. But if there are some tradeable flags that can be acquired from raids then obviously they should be made no drop so it won't matter if alts loot them. Also, maybe this is disabled on TLP servers or something. Caring about old content like solteris seems silly. As long as raids from the last few expansions don't have something that could be taken advantage of it should be fine. And of course you shouldn't receive currency either if you already have a lockout.
    Dre. and Funky like this.
  12. Natal Augur

The problem with that suggestion is that it would be abused, with guilds doing raids over an over multiple times a day, so that everyone gets loot very rapidly.
    Skuz and Sancus like this.
  13. kizant Augur

Then maybe if they add more restrictions. Like if every time you complete an event you already had a lockout for it adds another week to your loot lockout or something. At least after I'm done getting the gear I want in another 2 months I can start raiding with more guilds.
  14. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

Sadly lacking in Necro.
  15. Moege Augur

Raid can be done with 30 toons. what you are proposing is that they can keep grinding raids and stuffing alts full of gear, transfer toons to FV and strip the gear. When they do it on FV no need to even transfer just sell this ton of loot they will get in each cycle.

Yes they are already doing it today. Your proposal just blows this up to absurd levels.
    Sancus likes this.
  16. kizant Augur

Then it sounds like FV is the problem. They should make everything you have on you when you transfer stay no drop forever. I know a lot of my items were stuck like when I transferred to FV years ago.
  17. svann Augur

The problem is that you could do as many raids as it took until you won loot. Would you be happy with a system that instead allowed you to do 100 raids but you would be locked out of chest loot after the first one - win or lose?
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Not that I think its a good idea, but that is exactly what he said.

He raids on Sunday with his guild. Whether he loots anything or not is irrelevant, he gets a loot lock from chests/bosses.

Then he is allowed to raid however much he wants but is locked out of the chest for subsequent raids.

Don't think its a good idea. All the sudden you could have 5 times as many guilds completing events because half the raid on each one is from the top guild.

Also, we don't know that this ToV flagging thing is permanent. Next expansion we could go right back to raid flags.
  19. That0neguy Augur

All of the serious raiders would do this. You dont just give it to 6 people. Just that 1 run you funnel it to 6 people. The next run you funnel it to 6 others. Just think how much gear 1 or 2 people could get if they were the only ones to loot in a raid. And then you repeat that for the next set of people.

Same concept for that ultra rare item that never seems to drop. Just kill the raid 20 times in 1 night and only loot when you get the item you want.
  20. Skecpa Journeyman

Dang, I misread that as the stacking issue with the exe line that spams you with "did not take hold" messages for the duration being changed... Maybe it's a sign they may possibly someday perhaps eventually move the timer number? Maybe? Please?