Basic Healing Setup for Raid Clerics for RoS (Multi-Bind Method)

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Clarisa, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Metanis Bad Company

I find it incredibly sad that there is nothing new for clerics in at least 2+ years. We posted a number of ideas/requests in the ToV beta forums and to my knowledge every single thread was ignored. Of course I didn't see much "love" for any other class either! It would appear we are in a cookie-cutter just "coast-along-until-the-game dies" mode now.
  2. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

The whole purpose Dzarn changing the way AAs worked was to create more design space for the future. Hopefully, that will bear fruition this winter.
  3. Cadira Augur

Cleric slay undead WRU?!
  4. Szilent Augur

I wouldn't call it the whole purpose. Purposes also included sweeping away shabby buttons people didn't (or shouldn't. ignorance abounds.) care about, and reducing ability bloat for both play and UI space.
    Tarvas and Sancus like this.
  5. Sippycup The Holy Grail of Aradune

Thank You Clarisa That was very helpful !
  6. Nylrem Augur

I agree that hotbar multibinds are the way to go. I initially posted, many years ago, this way for multibinding, but, hotbars are far more effective because they are easier changed, easy to add other things than just spells, and better visual of what's going on, IMO.

Especially right now, a cleric's spell setup from raid healing to group DPS/healing should be significantly different, but several gems should stay the same, just change the order they are cast in.

For group play, I rarely use DI, Divine reaction, ward, splash, but constantly (in ToV) use undead DoT and nukes. So, forgetting Ward, to mem Sermon in it's place, and Obliterate Undead for Dissident's place is not ideal for multibinding through the spell cast options window.

However, utilizing hotbars, is simple to do.

Change the hotbar page for whatever multibind you want to change.

Forget the spells you don't want to use. Mem the spells you do want.

Put whatever social you want in button 1, and whatever gems you want, in the order you want to cast them in the hotbar.

Add any clickies you'd like to the end of the hotbar.

And boom, done.

Only have to forget/mem new spells, not forgetting and re-memming same spells, but in different gem order, in order to keep in sync with 'dedicated' multibind order in options window.

PS - did you know that activating everything, self only stuff (excluding glyph even), can get 350k plus DPS, opening with Turn Undead > Sermon then multibinding 3 undead nukes? :)

While burning, Turn Undead opening nuke is greater than 2 mil damage. Devastation proc from Obliterate is over 1 million.

Restless potion proc is worth 60k DPS by itself, while under ITC and multibinding 3 undead nukes.

Still nowhere near a shaman or druid's burn, but better than twiddling thumbs, or throwing unused heals, while super OP knights solo tank and heal themselves through the easy stuff, lol.
    Cleric Bot and Metanis like this.
  7. Metanis Bad Company

And if you have a bard in group and make the new DPS to undead weapon... :)
  8. Cleric Bot New Member

Any way you can spell out for us newbies exactly how to do that? I use the Macro Hot Key way of doing things. Unfortunately I only get about five lines to write commands. I like what your saying and it sounds easy it's just I dont know how you got there =p
  9. Szilent Augur

Pay no attention to the uncouth "nuking" spells. Pretend they're refined, high quality heals like you're used to:

[IMG]

Any empty Hotbar will do. Any Keypress you like will do. Simply assign the same Keypress to every Hot button on your chosen Hotbar, and then line up spells in order of priority. Include enough spells so that one of them will always be available through your constant Keypress mashing. The multibind can include a social if you like in any position, or an item in the last position (on cle, I put Yaulp help from Sebilis there)
    Metanis likes this.