Test Update 03/03/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 3, 2020.

1. EQ Dev Developer

March 03, 2020

*** Highlights ***

- TEST SERVER ONLY - Veteran Rewards will be temporarily disabled.
    - Become the Overseer! Gain the loyalty of iconic Agents and protect Norrath from the ever-present ripples of Discord. Send your Agents on harrowing Overseer Quests, into moments spanning the entirety of Norrath's history, and restore balance where you can. Along the way you'll gain fabulous rewards and grow in power. You may even draw the attention of Norrath's most famous heroes, and perhaps a few particularly nefarious villains. Do you have what it takes to gain the allegiance of Norrath's elite?
    - Access the Overseer interface via the [EQ Menu] >> [Quests] >> [Overseer] menu option, or by entering the command /overseer.
    -- A mysterious presence if the Plane of Knowledge is interested in the currency gained through Overseer Quests.
    -- Agents of Uncommon rarity or better can now be Retired via the Agents tab. Retired Agents are permanently removed from the Agents list but leave behind an Echo that can be used to grant a choice between Overseer Category XP or Agents of lower rarity.
    -- Additional Agents can now be earned when an Overseer Quest finishes in Critical Success.
    - All players who log in to EverQuest during our 21st Anniversary Celebration will receive a claimable Heroic Character! This character can only be redeemed once per account.

*** Quests And Events ***

- All players who log in to EverQuest during our 21st Anniversary Celebration will receive a claimable Heroic Character! This character can only be redeemed once per account.
    - New 21st anniversary quests are available! Speak with the Mechanical Fortune Teller in the Plane of Knowledge and she will guide you.
    - New anniversary items are available at the Special Celebratory Goods merchants in the Plane of Knowledge! These new goodies can be purchased with Commemorative Coins.

*** Spells ***

- Beastlord - Corrected the name of Griklor's Feralgia.
    - Enchanter - Fixed a bug preventing Omica's Animation from taunting.
    - Magician - Fixed a bug preventing Riotous Servant, Remote Riotous Servant, Pyroxenite Bodyguard from taunting.
    - Shadowknight - Fixed a bug preventing Minion of Drendar from taunting.
    - Shaman - Fixed a bug preventing Grondo's Faithful from taunting.

*** AA ***

- Rogue - Adjusted all ranks of Etherium Strikes to remove stacking conflicts with the Blinding Speed line of disciplines.
    - In celebration of EverQuest's 21st anniversary we have made Veteran Reward abilities available to all players!
    - - - The restrictions that limited the number of characters that can activate these abilities has been removed.
    - - - The requirement that your account must be active for 1 to 15+ years has been removed.
    - - - On progression servers, these abilities will continue to unlock starting with Dragons of Norrath up through Veil of Alaris.

*** NPCs ***

- Sporali in Hills of Shade will no longer cast Chattering Bones XXII.
    - Restless Ice Infection now has a longer duration.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Corrected an issue that prevented high damage 2-handed weapons from dealing their intended damage.
    - The surname command now allows the use of a second capital letter and a single accent character.
    - Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to shroud while on a mount.
    - Made the following changes to dynamic zone event replay timers:
    - - - When zoning into a DZ you will now be given an event replay timer for each event that has been completed since the zone was launched.
    - - - You will not be given replay timers for any event that was already completed when the zone was launched.
    - - - If you already have an existing replay timer for an event completed since instance launch your timer will not be modified.
    - - - You will receive a warning containing the list of replay timers you will incur upon zoning into the DZ when you are invited to join the DZ.
    - - - You will not be able to loot items off of raid bosses or chests associated with the completion of an event if your replay timer was not received from this instance of the DZ.
    - Improved how the guild message of the day is stored.
    - Improved how fellowship member names are stored.

*** UI ***

- Rewards that have a stackable item as one of the reward choices will see a number indicating how many of that item you will receive if the amount is greater than 1.

- Changed -
    EQUI_OverseerWnd.xml

- The EverQuest Team
  2. Mr. Froo Developer

Note: While we've enabled Retiring Agents for Overseer, we still have purchases disabled on Test.
  3. svann Augur

Odd that such a huge change is coming to veteran rewards, but is disabled on test. You must have high confidence in your code!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. That0neguy Augur

Anyone find this new merchant for Overseer?
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am hopeful the new illusion on Test (Form of the Elddar) does not share the same model as Wiltedblossom Wreath.

It's nice to have different illusion models and it is important to maintain the allure/uniqueness of the Ayr'Dal Heritage Crate illusion. :)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. That0neguy Augur

Its behind the library in case anyone is looking. Doesn't seem to be fully populated yet though.
  7. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Great, now let's remove those short-sighted TLP restrictions on veteran rewards, since people can no longer complain that they are at a disadvantage for not having them, and it remains a huge slap in the face for all of us who were able to enjoy them for years, and years, and years, across different TLP servers.
  8. Kianara Lorekeeper

Any word on the taunt fixes to the mage primary pets as well? Manifestation of Air/Water/etc? I see all of the other classes had their primary pet's taunts fixed, I'm hoping mages were as well but were just omitted in the notes.
  9. Imukai Augur

Yet focused BL pets in the 49-64 range not taunting is still ok. Going on 2 months since I reported it and not even an ack.
  10. Imukai Augur

This is particularly nice for dark elves since the guide program was crippled from making these changes any longer. I am curious if the 4-character minimum restriction was removed though? Can you have a 2 or 3 character surname now? Never understood that restriction.
  11. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Just to clarify these changes, is my interpretation correct?

Day 1
    Raid creates instance (no change)
    Raid kills Mob, gets lockout (no change)
    Player_A joins Raid/DZ, gets 1st Mob lockout (this is new)
    Player_A loots from 1st Mob (no change)
    Raid kills 2nd Mob, gets 2nd Mob lockout (no change)

Day 2
    Raid creates instance, Mob 1&2 not up (no change)
    Raid kills 3rd mob, gets 3rd Mob lockout (no change)
    Player_B joins Raid/DZ, gets lockout for 3rd Mob only (this is new)

Player_C in a separate instance kills 3rd mob, has a lockout (no change)
    Player_C joins Raid/DZ, but not allowed to loot from 3rd mob chest (this is new)
  12. Allayna Augur

I see a larger issue.

Player A is on list for raid 1. Player A comes to loot item from raid chest 1. Player A is blocked from participating in raid 1.

Player B is in the DZ at creation. Player B is not participating before the actual start of the event. Say a swap for a more desired class before engage. Player B incurs a participant/loot lockout upon completion of raid 1.

Some of these aren’t huge deals right now. But when you look at RNG based loot and seeing 2 warrior swords in 1 year or let’s say anniversary raids, Vander’s Bane, Image of Innoruk or Silver Etched Coin are desired items, this system takes away some of those freedoms to participate in one event and loot from another.

The system should block you from piling up chests, just not sure this is the way, we’ll have to see how it’s implemented.

Personally I think more time should be spent towards addressing the antiquated raid window.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Overseer

Like that
    You have improved the start % of sucess for each quest
    The collect ornamentation dispencer can choose any one that you are missing. :) This will help a lot

Dislike the change to the reward window as it no longer shows the amount of experience for each stat, really liked being able to chose which quests I did to get the most experience for a quest possible. For example being able to pick a higher research exp quest over a lower exp quest.

I like choices, but I prefer informed choices.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So if you are benched you can no longer loot an item that drops in the raid? If this is correct this is going backwards.
  15. Ghubuk Augur

I am reading that you will be able to loot because you will get the replay timer when added to the dz. You only wont be able to loot if you had the replay timer from doing the event with another raid is how I read it.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thats a relief :)
  17. ShadowMan Augur

Honestly how much time has and is continued to be wasted on the Blinding Speed Disc line? This disc line servers zero purpose being that its on the same timer as a Rogue's best disc Twisted Chance.

Twisted Chance Discipline
    Classes: ROG/65
    Skill: Offense (Combat Skill)
    Endurance: 0, Upkeep: 65 per tick
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 22m, Timer: 4 <---- 8m reuse with AA, 60s duration and always paired with HHE anyway.
    Duration: 30s+ (5 ticks), Dispelable: No
    Hate: 1
    1: Increase Chance to Critical Hit by 500%
    2: Increase Chance to Hit by 10000%
    Text: Your attacks flow perfectly together.

In order for the Blinding disc line to work it either needs to be on its own timer or its return needs to be drastically upped to offset its 20m reuse. Otherwise you guys are just continuing to waste AA and disc development time on something that will not have a use.

IE Mangling Disc vs Disconcerting Disc for a berserker. Mangling at times is worth using because of how much more it provides vs Disconcerting despite the recast. Blinding Speed Disc line never offers that over Twisted chance so there is never a case of it being better.
  18. That0neguy Augur

Not at all. Getting replay lockouts for events that were already killed in raid 1 doesn't exclude them from participating from the rest of the raid.

Why would this player be in the DZ? The only exception would be on bosses/events where the DZ locks.
    Jondalar likes this.
  19. That0neguy Augur

This is kind of the whole intent.... Thanks to you and your guild I might add.
  20. CrazyLarth Augur

well I am not fully understanding maybe Raid kills 1st mob gets chest openings it and bench player wins item , drops a toon for bench toon and bench toon gets locks coming in - it does sound like they got a lockout from this DZ for the event coming in so they should be able to loot their win or being taskadded after an issue to loot loot.