Mangler LDoN Raids

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by feigntrain, Mar 2, 2020.

1. feigntrain Elder

They've shortened LDoN to only 2 months, and my guild was already planning to not raid LDoN much as it was.

I want to do all the LDoN raids I can. Will anyone be hosting public LDoN raids? Will any guilds allow other people to raid with them in LDoN?
  2. Xeris Augur

I tried hosting open plat ldon raids on agnarr and there was almost 0 interest... seems like most people can't stand ldon raids.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Ldon raids are just not fun designs. There are some good augs, but there is a chance you get no good augs for the entire duration.

On agnarr and selo the guilds I was in just flat out dont do certain raids. If there is a certain aug you want, my advice is don't cheap out here.
  4. taliefer Augur

the risk (or more accurately in this case, time investment) vs. reward for LDON raids just isnt worth it.

yes, there are some decent augs. but the augs that are worth getting also have longevity, so most people just go back and get them after a level cap increase, where the raids can be completed much faster without a full raid force. its a hard sell to tell people "lets go do these trash mob infested raids for the off chance we get a good aug."

the gear itself from ldon raids, is at best, on par with time when its FULLY augd out. LDON raids did not age well for TLPs
  5. feigntrain Elder

You guys are crazy. The LDoN raids are fun and (at least some) have good rewards.

Some of them are not worth doing, but many of them absolutely are worth doing.

On agnarr my guild was doing 1 night of time and 2 nights of ldon raids every week.
  6. jeskola pheerie

I can see people doing pickup raids for things like these, the specialize augs are good for many, many expansions, and pickup raids seem pretty popular on Mangler.

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  7. KimchiGoddess Augur

Wish they'd just roll LDoN into PoP like LoY.
    yepmetoo and Risiko like this.
  8. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Raid size trims down from 72 players for PoP raids to 54 players for LDoN. I think it's very unlikely the higher end guilds will have random spots for unguilded players.
  9. That0neguy Augur

Risk vs Reward vs Time is just not there. Sure there are some great items worth getting. But the time it takes to acquire them and the drop chance is terrible. You get 3 sets of 2 drops, each chest has a different set of rewards. The armor is all worthless only a few of the augs are super important. So the chances of you wasting 45min in a raid and getting 0 loot for it is super high.
  10. Xeris Augur

Yea that's the biggest issue. I actually enjoy some of the ldon raids. I certainly don't mind them as much as most people. However, the fact that you can go through a whole LDON and get like 2 +4 hp regen augs and a bunch of useless type 3's is pretty depressing.

There's a dex aug that my guild hasn't seen in about 6 months until last week.
  11. Risiko Augur

I wonder how come the devs have not gone back and revisited the LDoN raids to at the very least improve the drop rates.

Ngreth is there any chance that we could get someone to do a once over to look at the drop rates of LDoN raids and make adjustments before it opens on Mangler?
    Tymeless and Pikles like this.
  12. feigntrain Elder

And as has already been discussed here, people don't like doing LDoN raids. I would not be surprised if a guild couldn't fill 54 slots for LDoN.
  13. Mrjon3s Augur

My advice if you want LDoN raid augs is just wait till your GoD/Omens geared and go back with 1 or 2 groups and clear it.
  14. feigntrain Elder

@Ngreth Yes please make LDoN raids more rewarding so I can actually get people to do them with.
  15. Aegir Augur

I remember there was a dev in that FoH Q&A session, actually saying, that LDoN was his favorite expansion working with EQ.

And yeah, if you are after the Rare AC Augs, it's better to wait till you can do them as a group.
  16. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

LDoN has amazing loot, like legit some of the best in the game. People just don't appreciate it for some reason. There is at least a dozen augs that are BiS or used for 5+ expansion. Then it has another dozen that are OP the next few expansions. Then Cherished Companion Shard vs second BIS is a bigger DPS boost to Mages then any other item in the game is to any other class in the game at that point.

What other expansion has a dozen items that get used for that long? Hint: None of them.

That said most LDoN raids are boring AF.
    Boze likes this.
  17. Prathun Developer

We talked about going back and looking at the quality / quantity of loot in LDoN raids.
    It would, apparently and unfortunately, be a lot of work to rebalance and/or reitemize the raids.
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Just need to make PoP/LDoN/LoY release on these servers at the same time. They really overlap in both group and raid content. No reason you couldn't have most unlocks at X months and then have PoP/LDoN/LoY at 2X.
  19. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Cool, glad you asked a question you already think you know the answer to then!
  20. That0neguy Augur

That doesnt really solve the problem that the risk vs reward is not there for ldon raids.