EQ PVP Big Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hane, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Yep, it's so easy even a 'grade A moron' can do it.

Looking forward to the cavemen outdoing the moron by having a fun event instead of a "look at me wag me epeen" streamed event.

Because how many of us have cake and tree branch ornaments from the last 5 guide events that yourself and 4 other people attended (held by official game representatives)? Don't need any more.

Oh how silly of me, we can create a bunch of gnomes and run? What event is this reminding me of that was just recent and much better? hmm

Hurray it's almost anniversary time. It is truly gonna be special this year. I can feel it.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Yeah, the reason for this is that per the rules Guide events have to be inclusive of everyone, so anything remotely challenging can't be done. So the events are all "make a new level 1 alt for a pvp battle", or "everyone shroud for a race", or "kill a bunch of mobs in newbie zones for special drops."
  3. Brawl Elder

You sound like an A grade moron.
  4. ECrack Augur

2 servers are opening. One will be your precious PVE TLP.

So here is a question for all of you that are constantly up Red players a@#es:

If some people enjoy EQ PvP AND you're getting your PVE TLP. Who are you to get in our way? Literally the only answer there can possibly be to this question is

YOU. ARE. TROLLING.

I honestly would love a legitimate argument to this question that holds water.
  5. mark Augur

the loud tiny tiny minority who want a pvp tlp are hurling insults to us poor misguid carebears,whos shockingly pvp in other games wich are balanced and no corpse camping.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I am interested to hear exactly what these other reasons are for posterity & so I have a clearer picture of why these players left in such numbers.

From other posts I had gotten the impression that the Ruleset issue was significant, maybe even the major bone of contention for at least many of the players who were merged from the other PvP servers, or perhaps neither you nor they can possibly speak for a majority of PvP players and they all left for their own reasons?
  7. Tedd New Member

This goes without saying but nobody can speak definitively on behalf of any former player community. However, I do believe that all the former player feedback in this forum is valuable and that a lot of valid points are made. Plenty of what former *Zek players on these forums say contains both common and disparate threads. EQ PvP'rs will argue over any damn thing but I think it's reasonable to conclude that any former EQ PvP server player with any interest left in the game has no desire to play on Zek.

The ruleset most likely is a minor issue for me as I quit a while before the server merger and only kept up with the game through forumquesting, the patch notes and other news. I also played on multiple *Zek servers in my EQ time and liked them all. For me there were plenty of problems with the state of the game even during the post-PoP era that were having a negative impact on on PvP. I quit the game in '05 and a lot of the changes I saw after that only exacerbated these issues (an accumulation of dozens of smaller changes). It would be a rather long post to go over them all here but I wouldn't mind making a new thread since it's rather off-topic. That being said I'm not sure if the TLP board is right given how many pvp threads have been locked, merged, etc.

tbf the updated ruleset definitely did nothing to bring me back to the game tho
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

What problems & which changes?
    What was wrong with the state of the game?

You spoke at length without giving any hard details or saying anything meaningful at all there, are you perhaps in political office?
    code-zero likes this.
  9. ECrack Augur

Man you guys make this too easy. Seriously, can I get a challenge? Alright, i'll stomp this one out, stand back.

Corpse camp........... On a TLP............ Where there are no corpse runs............. YEah......... WHEW, you destroyed the whole TLP PVP movement with this one bud! What ever will we do?

Man y'know boys, he's right. I've SEEN THE ERROR OF OUR WAYS! Pack up our stuff, lets go home!
  10. ECrack Augur

Why don't you go back and read the countless PvP threads that have addressed this. I don't see much point in spelling this out for you since you obviously either, A. Don't read other peoples posts. or B. Are incapable of retaining basic information.

BUT, here we go again. Just for you Skuz, I haven't had my coffee yet. Also good morning, good to see you back on the thread missed you. Oh I do want to note no bluebies have answered my question from last night. But it's okay I did it for you guys.

ANYWAYS,

He is talking about playing on live. Live PvP is TRASH. No one wants to play it. There is 12 people on the Zek server for a reason and they're all AFK or offline mode in Baz. People want to play PvP Classic-Velious with the quality of life changes TLP's have.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The Zek's were merged on February 8th 2005

A. You seriously expect anyone to go look up posts from over 15 years ago?

B. You think it is reasonable to expect me to have retained information from forum posts made over 15 years ago....

Jeez

Edit: This forum has only been around since October 9th 2012 by the way.

I don't think it is too much to ask for specifics when someone is being so vague & generalised as to give no real understanding of what they are referring to.
  12. Barder-mangler Augur

To reiterate- I don’t think there is a singular reason people left eq pvp, but balance (or lack thereof) was probably a major contributing factor. I also tend to think that most pvpers are also in it for the nostalgia. I played on rallos, tallon, sullon, and the pvp event server, and much like regular TLPs my fondest memories are from classic-luclin. Anyone that says “go play on zek” is severely out of touch, that server might as well be a completely different game than what we remember, much like classic PVE’rs shouldn’t be forced to play on retail.

Side note, I came back to play on Mangler and leveled up 2 60’s with epics etc w a highly competitive raid guild and had a blast - I only left when wow classic came out because it offered pvp. The only way I am coming back to eq is for an EQ PvP TLP (in any form).
  13. ECrack Augur

It's common knowledge for most. Pretty simple. There is no lust for live pvp. There is only lust for Classic-Veliousish era.

Not hard to understand. No 15 year old threads needed buddy, right here in black and white. Easy right?
  14. ECrack Augur

This is pretty inaccurate. You would be surprised how many people enjoy classic EQ pvp BECAUSE of the imbalance. I've said it before but you must be new to the conversation, so here it is again.

EverQuest is D&D gone from paper to PC. The immersion is that it is realistic. It is "realistic" in the D&D world to be ambushed by 10 people, 10 vs 1.

You are constantly looking over your shoulder (i.e. /who bound to your left and right arrow keys) you are constantly casting see invis on yourself so you can see an ambush. You're constantly casting invis on yourself for players instead of just NPC's.

EverQuest is literally the only game that achieves this.

But alas, any who didn't experience it has not gained empathy for the genre. I pity those who did not. It was truly exhilarating.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to feed the trolls.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No worries, I hadn't realised Tedd was your sock-puppet & couldn't speak for themself....
  16. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

You all said we were going to be surprised by how many people would be at the event to support PVP.

Look how that turned out.

So I'm going to assume the surprise # for this claim is also...next to no one.
  17. ECrack Augur

I don't remember saying people would be surprised. I do remember saying it is unrealistic to think the outcome would be an accurate depiction of what an actual server would bring in.

I do believe the amount that did show up will definitely be multiplied by several times for an actual server.

Again, they intend to release 2 servers, if one is pvp idk why it affects you and why you care so much to keep coming back, but I do appreciate the company. Y'all are starving so I'ma feed you baby birds.

And Skuz, jesus man. I said good morning to you would it kill you to say it back?
  18. ECrack Augur

Still waiting on a reply to this? Anyone?
  19. Risiko Augur

I'm not sure any TLP can top the speed for which Miragul died. It was, for all intents and purposes, dead on arrival.
    Brawl and ECrack like this.
  20. Risiko Augur

Sarcasm aside, if the PvP TLP movement wanted a place to call home until such time that Darkpaw Games gives them their own server (if that ever was to happen), the Agnarr server would certainly be a perfect fit.

It's locked in Planes of Power era, so they don't have to worry about insanely over powered gankers ruining their fun for the most part.

All you have to do is go create your character on Agnarr, and then talk to a Priest of Discord to flag your character as PvP. Done and done. Enjoy your PvP TLP experience.
    Skuz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.