Guild members talking about the "new" TLP server last night

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

How would they know? HoT is a pretty good expansion, for example. Most of you have never seen it.
  2. Zansobar Augur

Or petition the devs at P99 to wipe the Red server and relaunch it if you can only enjoy PvP in Everquest at a server launch. I mean there is only a handful of players on that server so why wouldn't the devs over there do that?
  3. SunDrake Augur

Rogean has stated that there will be no wipes of existing characters. Possibilities include transferring existing characters to some server, or opening a seasonal type server where the possibility of wipes is mentioned up front.
  4. Stagentti Augur

Most of us have never seen it? You base that on what exactly?
  5. Jayjayjay Lorekeeper

This is really great idea. Making a unpopular server to keep the old server healthy. Wow. You are a genius.
  6. That0neguy Augur

Yes. It's called Trueboxing. It was not magically fixed between Phinny and now. It still happens. The cause is still the same.
  7. Hirbow Augur

What about new progression servers? Not today! But we are planning to launch in late spring/early summer. We have some work to do on tech and game health overall as well as fully rounding out the rule sets before we can launch them. Part of this work includes tackling some server merges between now and late spring to position us well for new progression servers. We’ll give more detail when we have it, of course. "

Awww bad day ?
  8. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Enjoy Mangler while it lasts. I'm sure I'll continue in the same form as phinny unless the new tlp is something magical.
  9. Rotlust Augur

I'm having fun on phinny and selo. Stop whining, the server won't die you just won't have as much trouble finding camps.
  10. TLP Addict Augur

At this point if you are on Mangler then you are on a server full of server hoppers and shouldn't be surprised that they are looking to hop yet again.

All the server loyal people are on previous TLPs.
    HoodenShuklak and Jontrann like this.
  11. yerm Augur

How does trueboxing force you to play on a new tlp? Oh no the server progressed and you feel behind? Who cares. If you want to play on a tlp paced to go live, you catch up. If you want to drudge classic-pop ad nauseam you roll on the newest tlp with the crowd who very reliable bails after a year or so.

Meanwhile there is all this contention about low level groups. Again, so what? JOIN A GUILD. The basic solution to 90% of the "woe is me" feelings of being behind are to just join a guild that shares your goals and actually interact with the folks there, like a decent human being.
  12. Silver-Crow Augur

This is kind of what they do in EQ2. When a new TLP is incoming, the old one is merged into a live server, even if the TLP hasn't run it's course. I guess that is something they should think about doing whenever they launch a new TLP... one in, one out.

It isn't universally loved, but it's not like the content is gone and TLP purists can still go do the progression till it's beaten, then move on to the next expac.

I agree though, there's too many old TLP's barely hanging on with their fingernails. Sweeping them up into a TLP 'master server' e.g. Phinny or Selos since they're the furthest ahead, every time there's a mass exodus just makes sense.
  13. Risiko Augur

That is one of the videos that was referenced in the issue ticket, but that wasn't my video. That was someone else that was experiencing the same issue. My video isn't public on Youtube at this time. I was getting harassed back in the day by some of the fine lovely people that still haunt these forums, so I marked it private long ago.

But, yes it demonstrates just how bad the bug was, and as you can see in his video, it didn't happen immediately, but after it happened, it was quick to do it again. I tend to believe they have (or had) a flagging system that would flag accounts if they detected a truebox violation, and the code was more strict on those accounts for a given time there after. Clearly just a guess because the devs have never even acknowledged the issue nor discussed it publicly, so the only thing anybody can go on is what they see happen.
  14. That0neguy Augur

And yet, you can go on any Truebox server and recreate exactly what he experienced and you say you are as well. And shocker, you still get trueboxed. It hasn't been "fixed" or toned down or anything. People learned how to get around it.
  15. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Why are you two still arguing when you can just bypass the truebox code via VM or network knowledge and keybind to different keys. o_O
    That0neguy likes this.
  16. Risiko Augur

No tricks, VM, nor keybind changes necessary. Just stop using DHCP, and assign specific addresses internally to each of your computers via your router. I know it sounds stupid, but it works. If the address you change one of your computers to still has the issue, change to another one. Keep doing it till you find one that works. They have some weird address caching crap that I believe causes false positive truebox violations.

If you don't believe me, fine. No sweat off my back. But, if you want to get back to enjoying the game and you're getting kicked out because truebox is wrongly flagging you, try it.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

The ability to read.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

As you might remember from past discussions, the issue manifests differently for some people.
    • For most Truebox works just as it should.
    • For some, spamming keys results in a disconnect.
    • For the rare few, it manifests during normal play, adhering exactly to the Truebox rules. You can clearly see that in the video.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

It's my video. I remember yours.
    Risiko likes this.
  20. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I believe you, I had to actually change the key bindings on 2 pc's in order for my 6 box setup to work, for some reason those particular computers kept getting flagged and got to the point that any 2 keys with-in 10 - 15 seconds caused a disconnected.

Was annoy but now I just cheat my way past those filters.
    Risiko likes this.