Producer's Letter: Anniversary and Overseer!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Hdizzle Augur

TLPs used to be the way to live Lol. Now they make them so close to each other they cannibalize themselves and they lose that extra layer of mid tier players to make pugging a thing. I'd recommend boxing but using 3 PC's to play lvl 60 EQ sounds like the suck Lol.

I would recommend either selling the EMque dudes ad space and sponsoring them/buy em out *cough cough or police your game plz.

The new player experience on live isn't terrible on a standard server. I'm glad they are looking at server merges because all these truebox servers are DOA when they get to Live. Basically they are now prison servers because how do you sell starting a new toon on a Live truebox server?

I would like word on when you plan on removing truebox penalties for future and current TLPs.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Herf like this.
  2. LDEffectsMe Augur

Can part of this PLEASE include fixing account to account transfers again?
  3. Jondalar Augur

So no new content for anniversary? Just overseer feature?
  4. skale New Member

Not even a local event with EQ being able to officially drink?? Gotta do something for that at least
    Vexana_Lanys likes this.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

No news is good news.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

In EQ level 1s can get drunk and 40's can be 18's.

You're in our world now.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Please add Arx Mentis and Ondine armor ornaments for Overseer rewards!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. XavierSelos New Member

Releasing new tlps in early summer is really setting yourself up to fail. Raiding guilds always struggle during the summer with people being away for extended vacations (or just opting to enjoy the sunshine rather than their pc caves.) I predict a server dropping during this season struggles to build as much of the critical launch momentum as servers released in early spring/fall.
  9. Zaphod New Member

There's so little raiding to do in Classic, it's a fine time.
  10. Magic Augur

Agree.
    Hope it will happen middle of april / early may at least.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I am very happy to see that game health & server mergers are on the agenda.

Overseer system looks like it could be very helpful.
  12. Dahaman Augur

"Part of this work includes tackling some server merges between now and late spring to position us well for new progression servers. We’ll give more detail when we have it, of course."

Please address this sooner rather than later.

If you cannot address details, I understand, but please address intentions at least. This bears the potential for a MASSIVE disruption for many people playing on TLPs.

Please be VERY careful with these mergers.
    PCSS likes this.
  13. Montag Augur

100% Agree.

Also, can we get an Agnarr "Green" server please? It'd be a huge hit.
    PCSS likes this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Sever mergers - is the plan to merge all servers bar Xegony and Luclin?
    Tech & game health - does this include account to account transfers? Will this deal with botting and using 3rd party software?
  15. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Don't suppose you guys may consider a storage box like EQ2 has for tradeskill supplies? The current system of using multiple accounts, houses, etc to store stacks of tradeskill supplies is fairly nuts.

This would be a hugely popular and welcome feature...being able to put all tradesupplies in one spot and grant access to your other characters/accounts.
  16. Artuamis New Member

What happen to the Free AAs up to the last 2 expansions? Maybe get rid of the group content that requires a full group to complete? ( monster missions?)
    PCSS likes this.
  17. CrazyLarth Augur

AUTOGRANT AA TOV changed it from COTF to
    Auto-grant gives you every AA through TBM (so 105) it was never 2 expansion far as I know.
    PCSS and Tucoh like this.
  18. Nylrem Augur

It sounds like this is going to give old gear?

So, either tradable gear, easily bought in bazaar for alts.

Or, (if do the overseer missions on your main) worthless, old, non tradable gear?

I just read up a bit on EQ2's feature. There, it seems, is account wide lockout... So, can either hop to an alt, start the mission, and hop back to main, if doing something on your main... or, trash most/all rewards, if do the overseer tasks on a main toon?

What seemed to be the case for EQ2, is almost all rewards seem to be lower than current expansion tier 1 stuff. Which is fine, if wanting to help alts/returning players gear up. But, if it's account wide lockout for missions, essentially, there's going to be zero point in doing them on any toon that has current group tier 1 or higher gear?

And what's the percent chance that a toon, that could use gear from the missions, is going to get something they could actually use? Is there going to be a level check, at least, or something, to give them an appropriate level piece of gear? Or is a level 105 alt going to get level 85 gear much of the time?

All the gear that drops from these tasks needs to be heirloom, IMO. At least then, could do them while playing main, and transfer to alt on same account, if got something worthwhile that an alt needs.

Please make a majority of the rewards augs.

Tradable worn gear is easy for a returning player/alt to get. Filling out all appropriate augs though, can be a real pain.
    PCSS likes this.
  19. Herf Augur

If this is the best that Darkpaw can do for an anniversary, an event known literally a year ahead of time to plan for, it's just a matter of time for the game to die.
  20. code-zero Augur

Can you come up with a more compelling argument for the game to die? I'm not really seeing anything resembling logic in this post