Necro DoTs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Swish, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Swish New Member

Now that Darkpaw has been formed do you think there is any chance they will finally rework Necro DoTs like the rest of the classes?
    Krazzi likes this.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Probably before someone born on Feb. 29th two days from now sees their fifth birthday.
  3. Duder Augur

Rework like the rest of the classes? You want necro DoTs nerfed like other classes dots?
  4. menown Augur

I'll take some of that Druid DoT nerf.
    Thraine, Mithra, Xanathol and 5 others like this.
  5. Cailen Augur

I remember when my dots got revamped and were super awesome…….. and then they SMASHED them with the nerf hammer. Be careful what you ask for.

[IMG]
    Cuuthbert and Teylana like this.
  6. Cailen Augur

and I'll take some bard dot nerf too please
  7. Swish New Member

If you think the reworkings are a nerf you need to relook at those classes. All of those classes now do more dps because they dont have to cast nearly as many DoTs and takes less to ramp up damage. Necros need this because they are running into max debuff issues and fixing the necro DoTs will help with this issue overall.
  8. Dagum Elder

You think this, but honestly as a druid I'm always oom. I'm actually not happy with the dot revamp because the mana increase that went along with it.

Tried playing a druid on a tlp server. It's just not the same, the mana cost are too high.
  9. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Calling for nerfs against classes is against forum rules.

Boom. You have gotten better at Forumquesting (124)
  10. Dahaman Augur

I support the necro DOT change and hope this comes sooner rather than later.

My TLP level 70 shaman uses the level 56 DOT for damage. Anything higher will drive me OOM too fast. The one DOT uses only one spell slot, which is super. It's really nice to be able to add all the DPS DOT with one spell as well. Anyone who thinks the new DOTs use too much mana... simply use a lower level DOT. Find your sweet spot.

With the Gift of Mana AA, the higher level DOTs are back on the table. The higher level DOTs become a LOT of damage for 1 mana. This is a BIG damage potential boost.
  11. Duder Augur

"Add all the DPS DOT with one spell" -- What are you talking about? There are more dots than just Bane of Nife… There is no 1 shaman spell that applies ALL their DoTs, at any level.
  12. Cailen Augur

Me too...…. another 5000 necro dot threads should do it. But to be fair at least it's been more than a week since the last one.
  13. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Scorched earth. Delete the class. Then there will be no more need to change necro dots, because you can't change something that doesn't exist. Where's my Nobel Prize?
    Duder likes this.
  14. Ravanta Suffer Augur

I volunteer as tribute.

Would have so much more time to work on my abs.
  15. Dahaman Augur

I add all the damage DOTs (my shaman can afford to cast) with one spell. If I need more damage, I can simply cast a higher level version. This is a very nice thing that the DOT change gave to shamans (and others).

Necros deserve this too.

EDIT: Necros will have more time and mana for damage than my shaman, so necros will likely use 2 or 3 DOTs on a group mob. Don't take it literally as "1 DOT cast" for necros, but instead the concept of "far less DOTs cast" to apply their damage.
  16. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Posts like that really do make me want to quit this game.
    Vexana_Lanys likes this.
  17. ~Mills~ Augur

There is no longer a need for necro dot revamps outside of some wanting 20,000,000 dot tics like druids.
    • One or two more ranks of Enhanced Decay from Dzarn.
    • Aristo cutting the base duration of the entire Wounds dot line to 42 seconds.
    • Tweak a fewer lower dots for TLP if really needed.
    Renotaki and Vexana_Lanys like this.