Not A Bug Please make group go to same pick zones.

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Windance, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

This doesn't happen if the group leader has the box checked, and everyone leaves the instance at the same time. I'd suggest using /kickp instead of the /say command.
  2. Cloud the Third Augur

The problem is the default for the checkbox is unchecked. That means the group will not stay together unless the leader has at some point in their EQ lifetime done a /pick and checked the box. You can't do a /pick unless there is enough people in the zone for a pick to exist either.
    GoneFission likes this.
  3. Kuaamil Elder

Yes! This is one of my biggest gripes with picks. The group ending up in different picks coming out of an instance or even one static to another (ToFS to EW) is frustrating. It's definitely more of an annoyance that a game breaker, but when you get that one person that zones slower than cold molasses in a different pick...
  4. GoneFission Augur

The group I was referring to earlier was all mine. Since I very rarely play in zones and times where picks are common, whoever I had as group leader or the task owner very likely did not have a /pick setting. If that’s something that is persistent between game and mission sessions, it needs to be in the options setting, and not on a pop up box that isn’t present when zoning into a zone with multiple picks.
  5. svann Augur

I think what Cloud is trying to say is Even if you arent using /pick to change your pick you should have the box checked in the /pick window. Just set it now and never ever ever uncheck it. Now the next time you leave an instance all the group will go to the same pick. Thats according to Cloud (if I read him right), I dont personally know this but Im going to try it.
    edit; ok it appears this was already straightened out in the 2nd page. hope it works.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It doesn't work, I've had mine set like that from the start and you all still end up split if you use /kickplayer task from a mission. EQ doesn't seem to recognise where the leader is being sent and doesn't send everyone to the same place. Might be something to do with the leader zoning a second after the other members of the group. We see a second difference a lot for group/raid achievements which are complete at the same time. If the leader of the group is the one a second behind EQ isn't aware everyone should be zoned to them.
    Windance likes this.
  7. Windance Augur

This may work when you intentionally do a /pick to a new instance.

This does NOT solve the problem we are talking about, which is doing a ToV group mission and when done having the group end up split across the base zone picks.

FYI - we use /kickp task so it is not a case of timing. And the reason check box does not work is the leader is not intentionally doing a /pick .

Had this happen again to me this morning. Sitting there wondering when the player was going to zone ...... why aren't they here yet ........ ! we're both waiting for each other to zone but we're in different /picks
    svann likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You never looked at someone elses achievements that they have gained at the same time as you, occasionally there is a second or so difference, if it can happen with achievements why could it not be happening with this?
  9. Cloud the Third Augur

There is no way they can fix this easy. It is a problem with trying to sync multi threading applications... they aren't likely ever going to fix this. If you want to make sure you all end in the same zone after leaving an instance make sure the leader zones out first than the rest zone out and they will see the leader in the pick version and join them. If you have 6 people leave an instance at the exact same time it can't see which pick others are in and has the possibility of splitting the group up.

Just deal with it. What they would have to do to fix this is a waste of time since all you have to do is /pick after you exit the instance and stop being lazy on the rare times when it happens.
  10. Windance Augur

Actually there are some very easy changes. Once there is a pick always make folks go to the highest number pick available when they are leaving an instanced group mission. Done.

It is easy to do a /pick after, but we shouldn't have to. Just because you don't feel its important or it doesn't happen to you doesn't change how the rest of us feel about the bug.
    Moege likes this.
  11. Metanis Bad Company

This is an annoyance for sure. What I don't understand though is when a group clicks their Fellowship Registration Insignia how can "porting" to that campfire which is in a single instance bump you into another pick where that campfire doesn't exist? This needs to get fixed so that groups all end up in the same pick. /bump this thread
    Justyse, Yinla, enclee and 2 others like this.
  12. Piflet New Member

I have had members of my group campfire in to a non existent campfire, they wind up in the same location as the campfire but not in the same /pick. It wasn't a big deal before they changed it to when you /pick it ports you over to a safe spot in zone, but now it's a waste of a insignia click, the only way I was able to get around that was to go back to a different zone and wait out the refresh in the insignia, usually worked 2nd or 3rd try.
    Yinla, Metanis, enclee and 1 other person like this.
  13. StormsBringer New Member

This also is broke using FP..I have used my FP and ended up in a pick which is NOT the one that the FP is in..so how is checking the /pick box on the grp leader going to fix that bug as well? Also, what if people are leaving the instance for TAs, they also never end up in the correct pick, its completely random and bugged. The checkbox only works if you are using the /pick command and its not a great work around, just need to fix this issue that been there for over a year. In addition, the change in where you pick to makes the bug even more problematic.
  14. lockjaws Augur

Leaving an instance should send everyone to the base zone. Problem solved, no more scattered instances bullcrap going on.
  15. Ratalthor Developer

This is not a bug, but it is an improvement we are considering in a future update.