Test Update 02/26/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Feb 26, 2020.

1. EQ Dev Developer

February 26, 2020

*** Highlights ***

- TEST SERVER ONLY - Veteran Rewards will be temporarily disabled.
    - Become the Overseer! Gain the loyalty of iconic Agents and protect Norrath from the ever-present ripples of Discord. Send your Agents on harrowing Overseer Quests, into moments spanning the entirety of Norrath's history, and restore balance where you can. Along the way you'll gain fabulous rewards and grow in power. You may even draw the attention of Norrath's most famous heroes, and perhaps a few particularly nefarious villains. Do you have what it takes to gain the allegiance of Norrath's elite?
    - Access the Overseer interface via the [EQ Menu] >> [Quests] >> [Overseer] menu option, or by entering the command /overseer.

*** Items ***

- You can no longer combine items using tradeskills when any ingredients contains one or more augments.
    - - Evolving items with the 'Claim Reward' button and are otherwise eligible to be claimed, cannot be claimed until all augments are removed from the item first.

*** Tradeskills ***

- The Faded Velium War Hammer recipe will now give the right product.
    - Crystallized Precious Velium Ore now has a chance to drop in the chest in the missions Seeking the Sorcerer and Icebound Avatar. Six months after Torment of Velious was released there will be an additional chance to gain Crystallized Precious Velium Ore from those two missions, and the Griklor the Restless and Restless Assault missions.

*** Quests And Events ***

- Tserrina Syl`Tor - Tserrina's corpse will no longer move upon success of this raid event. This will hopefully prevent problems with looting the Key of Trauma.

*** Spells ***

- Paladin - Concordant Blessing is now available at level 108 from Fairelwil Amsapi, Median Spellbound Lamps, and Median Spellbound Rings.
    - Wizard - Fixed a bug where Daveron's Pyroblade and earlier summoned swords were not immune to area damage effects.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Added the /shownpcnames command which toggles npc names on and off like the Option Window option.
    - In the guild bank, if you try to set an item to be withdrawable by Single Member and that character name doesn't exist, the item will now be set to Public If Usable.
    - - If the character gets deleted or transferred to another server, the permissions for that item will also get set to Public If Usable.
    - Increased the experience bonus for having other players (not mercenaries) in your group.
    - - Increased the amount of AA experience you get in groups of 4 or more and raids of 13 or more.
    - Fixed the spelling of the bartender's name on the map in Timorous Deep.
    - Fast Camping can now be done within Guildhalls.

*** UI ***

- Corrected an issue that prevented weapon ornaments that can be placed in all slashing, blunt, or piercing weapons from displaying their slot restriction information in the item inspect window.
    - If you zone with the Rewards window open, the rewards now display properly, and no longer require you to close and open the window to see the rewards you have pending.
    - Fixed the neighborhood window to always display the name of the guild in the guild plot section.
    - The Quest Journal will now persist quest selections through opening/closing the window and zoning.

- Changed -
    EQUI_OverseerWnd.xml

- The EverQuest Team
    code-zero, Sancus and OldCa61 like this.
  2. EQ Dev Developer

As a note, Overseer is going to Test a week early so we can start getting eyes on the system as early as possible.

Please report all bugs and notes in the Bugs Thread so that we can address them as soon as possible.
    Also as a note, we'll be wiping all Overseer data off of Test in roughly two weeks, when we're doing the Live Patch or Test True Up.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  3. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Saying Wipe and Test in the same sentence gives me June 20th, 2000 PTSD Twitches
    Gyurika Godofwar and svann like this.
  4. EQ Dev Developer

Also as a note, we've temporarily disabled retiring agents and purchasing through the Overseer system.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

With this change can you also increase the max AA you can gain per kill, many of the named already give 3 - 5 AA per kill, so they don't get the full increase when using lesson or there is an exp bonus due to the cap.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Overseer

Ok discovered you have to be over level 85, with Seeds of destruction unlocked on the server.

Adjusting the size of the window doesn't seem to work, you make the window wider but the text stays in the same limited space, also would be nice if you could make the top quest section resizable the same as the Agent selection and Agent available section. I have a dislike for the scroll bars.

I've just done the first two and the 2nd agent is available to use but I have no clue when I will be able to do a quest again on them. Any chance we can get a timer added so we can see when quests will be available again please?

A few more questions
    Tried doing this on another char and couldn't, so is the Overseer account based or server based?
    Can we get a quest history please so we can see which quests we have done and when?
    Where do you get more quests?
    Are all quests repeatable?
    Are all quests available regardless of which zone you are in?
    Are new Agents only available from doing Overseer quests?
    Is there a limit to how many Overseer quests you can do a day?
    Is there a limit to how many active Overseer quests you can have?
    When this goes live can we get a FAQ posted somewhere as I'm sure a lot will be asking the same questions which get asked here?
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Ok logged in an alt account it appears I missed getting the quest reward, have now claimed it but I still cannot do anymore.

Timer on Faydark Bandit doesn't appear to be working properly - originally said 36 hours it now says ready.

Lots all 3 agents on the next quest, but the following quests gave me a lot more!

21st Anniversary Overseer quests!!!!!!!!!
    Rewards look interesting. :)

Reward options could do with being in numerical order, currently they are all jumbled up. ie 1, 2, 3, 6, 9, 10, 4, 7, 11, 5, 8, 12

Overseer ornamentation dispener - is this a random ornament or is there a choice?
    is there an NPC somewhere to spend Overseer Tetradrachms?
    Crafting experience I assume doesn't effect player chars.

two quests are listed as unknown db string 56-56 & 56-57 - completed both but no rewards given.

Cannot do "I guess this is growing up" as I don't have anything to use as an Artisan Agent and I don't see one as any of the rewards from the other quests.

Would be nice if some of the tradeskill rewards were the more annoying stuff to farm, like Planes of Power, Depths of Darkhollow & Dragons of Norath tradeskill mats.
  8. Dahaman Augur

What is this Overseer thing?

Is it a new game feature? Is it series of monster missions? Is it a "permanent" feature or an anniversary event only?
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  9. Risiko Augur

As for the additional Experience in group/raid, are we going to see an increase in experience rate on all of the TLP servers after this patch goes to live?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. klanderso Developer

This is a preview of the system, not everything has been completely fleshed out. There may be missing rewards/strings.

You won't be able to do every single quest right off the bat. You'll need to complete quests to get more agents. The system isn't designed to be a "lolfaceroll" that can be beaten in a single sitting. Quests rotate at specific times.
  11. klanderso Developer

It's a new feature that will be around after the anniversary. It's separate in the fact that your character doesn't go and do things, you send agents to go do things, and your gear/stats/spells/skills/dinosaursounds doesn't have any impact.
  12. Slobgub New Member

- The Faded Velium War Hammer recipe will now give the right product.

For those of us that used the correct recipe and received the wrong hammer, will we get the correct hammer or do we have to make another?
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I got the Overseer Tutorial quest twice somehow. I was able to complete it twice and get the reward twice.
  14. Thundersnake Elder

I think that there should be partial (maybe 10-15% of the total amount) Experience based credit for a failure of a overseer mission, given the time investment for undergoing a quest and the fact we as Humans are suppose to learn from failure. Also as per what Beimeith said I also had an issue where I zoned before I was totally done with the tutorial quest and it reset on me after I had already done the first conversion. This forced me to do the tutorial again from the start and I have 2x Equestrial as a result.
  15. Thundersnake Elder

I have noticed something on the wizard, not sure just how to describe it. I'll start casting a spell and it will sort of desync and stop partially into the cast with no failure message and be immediately recast-able forcing me to hit spells multiple times for them to go off. I'll try to pay attention to see if there is a pattern but it is pretty infrequent. It doesn't seem to be happening with any one spell.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

OK, thought I'd post so it didn't get missed. :)

The quest I was refering to was the one for the 21st Anniversary, will this be in perminantly or will it vanish after a period of time? I found it strange this was the only one where an agent could not be chosen, all the other quest you could use an agent even if they were not the specific type for that task.

So far I like it, just impatient now that I cannot do anymore for another 7 hours. :)
  17. JChan Developer

When you complete the tutorial there will be a timer on the Quests tab that tells you when the next set quests will be offered (rotated).

There's a help section that gives more information about the system in game. (Click the ? in the upper right hand corner of the window.) From there click on the links to read more.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

you have to make another. I couldn't "convert" the result item because it's also a valid item (Until I made the fix, two different recipes gave the same result. Now the two recipes give different and correct results)
    if you are in groups, yes. The base background rate is unchanged. What is changed is EXP in grouping situations. This is universal and not server specific.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Risiko like this.
  19. Sancus Augur

Does this have any effect on evolving XP?
  20. Razorfall Augur

Can we have my dinosaursounds have an impact on other things?
    klanderso likes this.