EQ PVP Big Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hane, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stagentti Augur

Not limited to this scenario but I got the impression it was just an organizational change. They're still owned by Daybreak. Seems like it's the same people operating the same way. Wasn't 100% clear though.
  2. Warpeace Augur

No Dev's were replaced, so correct its basically a name change with the same crew running and making the decisions for Everquest.
  3. Warpeace Augur

Those incompetent people your referencing are still there running the show as you so nicely put it.
  4. Uesce Journeyman

Because this is a game that relies on multiboxers. The vast majority of people playing this game don't have time to be hardcore soloist, and it takes too much time to search for ideal group combinations. People go afk, suck, have to get up to feed the kids, change a diaper etc etc.

I'll never play live or tlp without the ability to multibox. This game is too much of a time sink and comparing it to 20 years ago when we were all kids without much responsibility is just insane. Maybe you work from home or can play all day, or don't have a family or ignore them but that's just not reality for most responsible adults. I need to log in and be efficient - unless they make a tlp with live like xp rates I don't think I'll play again and I had 4 max on mangler but only because I could log in and do something even if I only had an hour.
  5. Dulu Augur

Whenever there is a name change, and a new leader, it is a chance to prove it won’t be business as usual.

Everything is impossible, until someone does it.
  6. Stagentti Augur

Isn't there the same leader? Holly was in charge before and is now.
  7. Dulu Augur

Ok.

You don’t have to play a server without multiboxers, just like I don’t have to play a serber with them. To each their own.
  8. Stagentti Augur

Might have lost something in the back and forth but there is boxing on every server.

No server doesn't allow boxing.
  9. Dulu Augur

P99 doesn’t allow it. See the vid.
  10. Stagentti Augur

My bad. Thought we were talking about DPG servers/TLPs.
  11. Stagentti Augur

Would you not play a PVP TLP is DPG made one and it was true-box rules? There would still be mutiboxing.

Mean that in a question way not an argumentative way.
  12. Dulu Augur

I think what “truebox” means in theory, and how it has been implemented are different things.

One account per machine is not whats happening on these TLP servers.

What I am proposing, is we use the new TLP PVP server as a testing ground for actually implementing “Truebox”, “Rules as written”.
  13. Stagentti Augur

Ok thanks for clarifying. That's what I figured but wanted to ask.

Truebox = boxing allowed but 1 toon per computer = what some % actually do per the rules.

That is ok.

It's the people we all complain about that do 500 toons on 1 computer that is the issue.
  14. Dulu Augur

I think we are on the same page, for once.

I would simply contend: I don’t think more than maybe 5% are using more than 1 PC. If they are, it’s multiple toons on each PC. But I confess I have no way to prove that, only anecdotes and a hunch.

A PvP server would be a great testing ground to enforce “Truebox”, and reign in abusers. Let people know ahead of time, and just enforce the rules as written.
  15. Stagentti Augur

Part of the problem I think is proving it's toons on the same computer vs multiple computers. Idk if volunteer GMs will alleviate that.

The Truebox code stops that if you try it but there's software out there that gets around it and they can't currently detect.

Obviously the people with 20 toons following each other around are a different story unless you're Dr. Octopus lol.

Also the afk botters are easier to nab too cause they don't reply. Some of those folks are 'smart' though and have their system set up to let them know when a chat pops up so they can type something.
  16. pinco Lorekeeper

a tlp non pvp his what the majority of people want,then people want different flavours of it fv loot or not,1 to 3 months unlocks fv ir not fv loot some want truebox some not.hackers warp scripted charecters automated and so on are in bigger numbers that people who want a pvp tlp.
    ECrack likes this.
  17. Beep Elder

PvP server would have 200 people on launch and 15 people in a month.
  18. Dulu Augur

I think everyone who is honest and reasonable can assess what truebox is.

Some Enchanter with his Cleric auto-following him, casting full heals every so often? Who cares.

A full 6-box (or more) of mages? Not OK.

Move the line in the sand up a bit for the PvP server, but it wouldn't require any new rules. Just actually enforcing the rules we already have on the books. Crack down on the obvious exploiters of the Truebox rule. We don't expect a server with no multiboxing, but we can restrain and contain it more than we have on any other server.
    NinjutsuMMO likes this.
  19. ECrack Augur

Lol sorry to say but literally all the bluebie posts are the toxic ones.

Skuz - First, your opinion isn't as lofty as you think. No one really cares about your opinion. Sorry bud. And I also second what Dulu said, we want a TLP PvP from Classic with w/e quality of life changes there have been from classic to now. I actually prefer NOT to have the classic code to experience the super slow exp grind, hard pass. No, give me a TLP PvP experience.

Dulu - I agree 99% with everything you said for the ruleset. I personally enjoyed taking peoples items on Rallos Zek but I know that type of play is for a very small %. And it definitely doesn't change my want to play a TLP PvP in the least. Totally agree nothing past PoP and Velious or Luclin being the end point is preferred.

Random Bluebies - Uesce in particular. This server would require 0 enforcement. Even the botters/hackers. If they show up on this server I guarantee you unlike blue servers there is a lot more politics and those people will very likely be shunned. You can only get so far botting and hacking, you need a raid force to actually be relevant.

Beimeith - Sorry bud, I see your posts getting smaller and smaller. Because in your heart of hearts you know you bluebies got shown up hard by Rallos Zek on the Kerafyrm kill. Sorry mate, facts are facts. EQ is an equal opportunity employer and y'all had the same opportunity to flex your PVE skills and you didn't step to the plate. And here's the real kicker. Not only did the PvP server do it, but they had to put their differences aside and band together with multiple guilds who normally are KOS (kill on sight) to each other in order to do it AND with the PvP aspect such as AoE spells hitting players or pets being on players instead of NPC's. All the little things. So the fact is with a huge handicap and disadvantage AND the sheer difficulty alone to down Kerafyrm. Please sit down, seriously you're embarrassing yourself.

Lastly, y'all think we don't know there is 0.000001% chance a TLP PvP server happens? We've been around since the beginning just like SOME of you have. But like you we have the right to free speech, the right to come in and put our dream ruleset for a TLP down on the pad as well.

The part that I still can't get my head around is. Are you actually scared one might happen? Then why do you keep commenting on this thread? Either you secretly support us and want to get these page #'s to an all time high (in which case keep it up!) or you're trolling. Lets be honest, we all know its the latter.

Anyways, had to get in a big post to last you guys through my work week. Rofl, see you when Dreamweaver makes his "big" announcement.
    Brawl and NinjutsuMMO like this.
  20. NinjutsuMMO Augur

The gms don’t even support the current servers. There are box armies running all over and people cheating left and right...

We don’t need GM support we need a pvp server and we’ll deal with our own affairs in house because we’re not blue like you
    Brawl and Brazy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.