AA grind and ToV

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fohpo, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Fohpo Augur

Curious as to what people think is currently the best way to grind AA both with and without missions/tasks in ToV. GMM/ST still top dog for just grinding straight mobs, and if I am spamming missions/tasks then does ToV edge it out?
  2. Allayna Augur

With an SK....swarming 40-50 mobs at a time, GD is a primo spot for that.
  3. enclee Augur

That’s nothing compared to what I’ve seen Pally’s doing to ToV. It’s like you put Lebron James versus a pickup youth basketball team.
    Nennius likes this.
  4. Allayna Augur

Aye, paladin dps saw a limited time boost with the undead mobs of ToV, but you'll never see a paladin pulling 40-50 current content mobs.
  5. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Maybe an SK in extremely good gear, but you're going to see your average SK doing that. And it is extremely disingenuous to imply otherwise.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Would recommend farming hunter, collects and earring. The AAs will take care of themselves. If you're just trying to get a new character AA'd up and don't have any intention on fleshing them out with the hunter/collects/earring, no idea but I don't know of any easy way and unintuitive ways to increase AA.
    FubarEQ and Raptorjesus5 like this.
  7. Petalonyx Augur

You can't put essentially the best tanking and self-healing in the same package and not expect otherworldly feats. Burst dps and aoe riposte dps aren't bad either.

Sure, it requires a lot of work and knowledge, but the equivalent effort on any other class won't get you half way there. ('There' being the swarming of 40-50 current content mobs, and soloing, not moloing, the KD mission).
    Allayna likes this.
  8. Ashian Augur

Do you have a video of this? Seems like extreme exaggeration.
  9. Allayna Augur

You're correct, the average SK "player" sucks, even in max gear. But compare top geared SK to War or Pal, there is certainly a disparity.
  10. Zarzac Augur

Don't get reality in the way this is forumquest!
    Raptorjesus5 and Galarian like this.
  11. kyong Augur

I always thought that if > than 4-6 mobs then automatic strikethrough. :)
  12. Fohpo Augur

Derailed real fast :(
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  13. Raptorjesus5 Augur

This! I used to just grind endlessly and always get filled with despair when I reached max AA and "nothing left to do". I wish I realized how fun and rewarding it was to try and complete every quest, hunter and collection.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

I find I get where I'm going without any true grinding. XP just happens.
  15. Moege Augur

Well the best in slot earring even for group players now require
    1. farming materials thus gaining xp (tradeskills)
    2. 1000's of kills (evolving the earring)
    3. progression
    4. hunter
    5. collections

/hollow laugh if you did 1,2 before you started your earring. You are going to be doing 1,2 again.
    Dragging along a friend on this journey, we both started at 110, He refused to do the earring, I am 115 and nearly done with all AA he is 114 with no progression/mission just kills and my earring need #6 #7 + all the evolving kills. Still busy with hunter too (one zone left). Silently wondering if I was a fool to make this stupid earring.
  16. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Is it silent if you type it out on the forums?

Even if you never get the collectibles or hunter done to progress the earring, it's STILL better than anything else a group player can get.
  17. Cicelee Augur

The earring is just stats. Nothing more, nothing less. The earring itself does not have anything special that is going to be a major difference in wins and losses on its own accord.

However, the quest allows you to make the power sources and augments that will last for multiple expansions. While an earring next expansion or the one after (if there is another one after the next) will have better stats, history shows that most likely the power source and augments will still be there.

Then again, does any of this truly matter? If you can win an encounter with the old power source, then you are going to win with the new. And unless there is an encounter where the new power source guarantees a victory and old power source guarantees a loss, then at the end of the day it is just numbers. Yes it might be a little easier with the new, and you might kill two seconds faster. But again, unless it is proven that new equals auto win and old equals auto loss, it doesn't matter.

I am doing it because it is there to do, and I cannot just sit in one spot and mindlessly kill mobs with no point or purpose or reason. Like Bigstomp said earlier, you do it and eventually you will get there.
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  18. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I'm doing the earring on two toons........ which is PLENTY of work, even though both were either at or above 300 in most TS's before I started.
  19. Dracolindus Journeyman

Zealots's Bargain, an equivilant of Reaver's Bargain, would just be the .
    Cadira likes this.
  20. Moege Augur

Yep silent as friend don't read the forum and thus cannot mock me :p