PvP movement or Marketing Hype scam?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Runes, Feb 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runes Augur

How many other people think that something strange is going on with all this?

I thought it was pure enthusiasm at first but if you look at all the pieces, it looks like a slick marketing campaign to get people to follow, for what ? advertising revenues from some site?

• Putting on a special event at the last minute
    • The constant push and advertising of a Discord channel to join in every post almost
    • Getting a fabricated and hyped story about supposed PvP interest in blog/publication
    • Now a video with two hot paid actresses to promote the event and once again push to join the Discord channel.
    • Constant attacks on anyone that posts anything contrary to the event that would supress interest

Who spends all the time blizting media and setting up a marketing campaign like this, paying professional actresses all for EQ PvP server?

I am not buying this bull$#%
  2. PVPme Augur

3. Runes Augur

Lol ya right after my post within seconds you post this, Manuevre likes it and porbably Dulu will post some EMO post about anti PvP propaganda. You are just supporting my suspicions that this is not really about promoting a PvP server and more about generating advertising for some marketing scam.
  4. Dulu Augur

[IMG]

For real though.

Wait until you see the upcoming music video, and the interview with IGN.

Big news coming soon for all the supporters, and you haters. Hope your body is ready ;)
    Brawl, PVPme and Maneuvre like this.
  5. ECrack Augur

I really like posting on these anti pvp threads but, honestly this one just doesn't have much to it. Pretty boring Runes. I'm disappointed.
  6. Maneuvre Augur

7. Runes Augur

Ya nice try on the sarcasm but no one puts in the time and money like you three have been doing just for EQ PvP. Anyone gullible enough to join your Discord thinking its anything other than marketing to push traffic to your Discord and probably later in the month a website, deserves to be led through the nose.

I thought it was a group of disorganized players wanting to push for a different server ruleset but if you all were serious, you would not have waited to get an event going so late in February when you knew the server was already created with its ruleset a month ago at least and your event was beyond changing any minds at Darkpaw and the fact that you know this but still push hard for traffic is more damning.

What was perfect timing was drumming up traffic and interest right before a new server announcement and it really doesn't matter what server gets announced.
  8. Dulu Augur

[IMG]
    Skuz, PVPme and Fraggly like this.
  9. a_librarian Augur

It's a cabal of Mangler guild leaders pushing hard to make the next set of TLPs total so their server remains viable longer. God bless them
    Skuz and Fraggly like this.
  10. Dulu Augur

[IMG]
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Runes Augur

Ya because paying real money to actresses to do EQ promos and putting on an event too late to influence any new server is only because of your continued pure love and nostalgia for EQ.
  12. Brawl Elder

Well I guess it's better than paying them fake money... Some people.. EQ players.. make enough money to spend money on things like that and it isn't a big deal to them. I don't think you should concern yourself with how people spend the money they earn/have.

As for being "too late"... whether it's this TLP being announced imminently, one random one like Mirugal's launch or one next year - The PvP community will be happy.
    We have waited a long time, we can wait longer.

The "PvP Community" has been mentioning a PvP TLP server for a very long time now.. perhaps we're just sick of all the negativity and we're taking you PvE'ers head on with your naysaying - and you guys can barely handle it.

Amusing. ;)
  13. NinjutsuMMO Augur

14. Dulu Augur

Handle it? These dudes are smashing refresh just to screech about how much they hate PvP. :D :D :D

Enjoy the big announcement.

[IMG]
    Brawl likes this.
  15. Runes Augur

They don't hate PvP, they hate silly Twitch farmers
    code-zero likes this.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

I'm for whatever The Vision entails.
  17. Runes Augur

You are not taking anyone head on. If you were you and were serious about it, it would have been started months ago with a real movement and not with a weak event that is just designed to farm Twitch followers for a stream.

And yeah, its not believable to think anyone would be paying real money like this, going around getting hyped and untrue articles about a PvP movement that isnt true. Its just the tail wagging the dog.

Always has been about the money and will always just be about the money
    code-zero likes this.
  18. Gemstoner Elder

It is interesting when you think about the lead dev interview that mentioned a new EQ project. The only information was that a social aspect based on grouping would be a requirement. Some speculated that this meant EQ3 ... but my first thought was that it would be some bs battle royale Fortnite clone. Then this pvp nonsense started. Most likely just a coincidence, but I dunno ... they actually did a decent job advertising/hyping the 20th anniversary stuff, ie Mangler. <shrugs> We'll see I guess.
    Runes likes this.
  19. Dulu Augur

George Washington wasn't serious about revolution. If he was, he would have revolted years/months earlier.

Rosa Parks wasn't serious about civil rights. If she was, he would have refused to go to the back of the bus years earlier.

________ wasn't serious about _____________. If they were....
    PVPme likes this.
  20. Runes Augur

Well said Gemstoner, I have nothing against the Devs doing their own promotions and I actually was sympathetic at first to the sudden posts pleading for a PvP server and I thought they really were sincere. I fell for it

Now I believe its been a scam all along to farm Twitch followers and not a sincere desire to promote an interest in PvP other than what that interest would mean for them to drive and control traffic to their stream in the name of championing EQ PvP.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.