EQ PVP Big Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hane, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsuaruanni Elder

I wouldn't call 220 "several hundred".
  2. code-zero Augur

Honestly, I was all for a PvP TLP and only pointed out what was said in the AMA in an attempt to help. So far the responses from the PvP crowd have made me a lot less supportive.
  3. Kittany Augur

https://i.imgur.com/lqrkcEJ.jpg

:p
    Brawl and Maneuvre like this.
  4. WTBPvpTLP New Member

blubies scared their eq krono farming career might be in jeopardy. so obvious with all the salt they throwin. PVP TLP LETS GOO
    Brawl likes this.
  5. Tsuaruanni Elder

Is the cool, hip term you PVP folks use "bluebies" or "blubies"? You keep changing and I can't keep track.
    code-zero likes this.
  6. NinjutsuMMO Augur

It’s coming, I have faith !
  7. WTBPvpTLP New Member

the word we use for your kind i prolly cant say here :*(
  8. NinjutsuMMO Augur

I wonder how many TLP blue server players would sign up for a cause like requesting a truebox or non truebox server, locked or unlocked.
    If for every one person that joined discord or the ogre movement 10 were also interested but busy or had not heard of the movement given its fast approaching only been started recently...

I’d say the fact that several hundred people have signed up in so short of a time frame and being featured in several gaming news articles online with cameos from celebrities there definitely is a growing support for a pvp TLP...

I’m glad some people are thinking outside of the box and rallying our cause other than some who just tell us to play on zek every other post!

https://media0.giphy.com/media/lHG3...0a3407d6ed23154f89469cd94c03e35&rid=giphy.gif
  9. PVPme Augur

[IMG]

Lots of struggling servers but yeah lets tells a whole community to kick rocks...
    Sollix and NinjutsuMMO like this.
  10. Derd Augur

Um nobody I play with has general chat up normally, its full of idiots for the most part.
    code-zero likes this.
  11. PVPme Augur

Oh right, I'm sure hundreds of people leave the general channel my bad...
  12. Tsuaruanni Elder

I bet you think the # of people in the FV general channel is indicative of the # that gives it a high population status too.

Lot of people don't use general channel cause it can be pretty useless, annoying, and/or distracting and clogging your screen.
  13. markkk Lorekeeper

how many people that actually want pvp post here,it has nothing to do with kronos unless you guys sub to zek in big numbers your not going to get a pvp tlp has been stated previosly by eq staff on these forums.if zek was to get 500 subs you might get a tlp pvp server otherwise nope,no,nada.
    NinjutsuMMO and Runes like this.
  14. PVPme Augur

[IMG]

Gee, I wonder what the population is like on this server.
    NinjutsuMMO likes this.
  15. NinjutsuMMO Augur

Déjà vu

Oh wait it’s the same 3 people predicting the future of Darkpaws decisions every other post....
    For a moment I thought I was on a hamster wheel

I’m just glad Darkpaw games is thinking outside the box with their new umbrella rather than letting daybreak games control everything
  16. Piznut Angry Gnome

You PVP forum trolls do realize that being toxic on the forums is not going to make the devs want to create a server just for your kind, right?
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Vexn Elder

Both sides have toxic people in here
  18. Piznut Angry Gnome

I agree, but making accounts just to troll on the forums isn't going to help the cause.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Rhek New Member

Everyone was expecting a new TLP announcement in February, and it was confirmed a while ago that there will be a TLP server announcement before March.

Why did this big push for a PvP server come so late? You'd think Daybreak/Darkpaw probably made its decision on the new server type months ago so they could work to getting it ready for release.

The Pro-PvP presence on this forum completely exploded to spam these forums a week or two ago. The new TLP server is being announced THIS WEEK. Why is the 'raid' on the Live PvP server scheduled to happen the same week the new server is being announced? I'm pretty sure you guys have missed the boat..

I'm personally pretty apathetic about a new PvP TLP server - I don't care if they make one or not - but this campaign we've witnessed recently was poorly thought out and should have been implemented months ago
  20. Runes Augur

Dulu, I admire your efforts and really hope there is a red and blue server launched. But since you have not played on a subscription TLP server recently and I have played on every TLP from day 1 of its launch through PoP on the last 5 servers in a few of the top guilds, let me tell you what is going to happen on a red TLP server. Doesn't matter if they were PVE, the same end result will happen.

Basically think of every way to make Krono and Plat and feed egos and dominate in EQ and it will happen.

Pre server launch- pre made guilds will be recruiting and fill up and there will be 2-3 full large guilds with a few other smaller medium sized guilds on launch day. I am being generous here with numbers.

1st two weeks, these guilds will be focusing on leveling and gearing so it will be a chill time, but one of the guilds is going to have more po.opsocking members that can play 20 hours at a time to get way ahead of the server curve during the 1st week to get more mains to 50 and start getting the majority of world mob drops.

They will start branching out with their maxed 50 toons and better gear than most will have on the server, to start taking over Hill Giant and other good gear camps and hit xp camps to slow down competition from leveling and getting world bosses and helping the rest of their guild max their characters and get geared.

By the end of the 1st month, there will be a dominant single guild that has all their mains geared and their alts leveled to 50 while they control world mobs and camps. Their sister guild will have formed with their alts and new recruits. Because its safety in numbers on a PvP server, people will start joining the dominant guild with their mains defecting from their own guilds, weakening them, because they want to be on a winning team and their guilds didn't live up to their expectations.

Within 2 months the top guild will have their 2nd alts fully geared and working on their boxes while completely controlling the server and getting 90% of the world bosses along with their normal raid bosses.

While this has been going on, the Chinese farmers and boxers who got pushed out from normal money camps by the dominant guilds, are going to find plan B camps and guess who is going to be there? That's right more little people who are not part of any big guild and cannot compete in their small solo or xp groups and will get pushed out by the boxers and farmers. People make too much money from EQ that puts food on the table and pays bills to not have Krono, gear and plat farming going non stop.

You will also have geared and leveled kill groups roaming around killing people for fun because they have nothing else to do and do not care if its griefing. The answer will be you shouldn't have rolled on a PvP server.

Dominant guilds will be the huge RMTers and will start demanding protection money to let other weaker guilds kill world bosses or keep camps, be hired as mercs to kill others and offer power leveling services because the dominant guild will be so saturated with gear, levels and members that they don't need the resources anymore.

By the end of two months, people will stop playing their toons or just log in for raid nights and the server will become the private server for one maybe two guilds.

Before you bring up p99 red or private servers as examples of success, their ruleset and constant GM policing is not going to happen here and if the server is free, you cannot even include that as support for a subscription based server.

Still hoping two servers do launch as I admit it would be fun watching the drama unfold and certainly the salt posts ballooning in the forums would be fun reading.
    Meridian, code-zero and Bobbybick like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.