Diamondized Precious Velium Ore (type 19 aug raid drop)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kontra, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Mesil Lorekeeper

There is no alternate product, the ore was lost (under draughtmans potion).

2. ShadowMan Augur

It doesn't matter if you make the alternate item and it can be called whatever they want fail or success. Recipes that have this hard coded aspect to them then negate the potions effect.

Repeat this is far to much work, effort and luck for such a rare drop to have such a high fail rate. Imagine any raid item having a 25% poof rate when you tried to loot it from the chest or corpse, it can be called alternate looting success. Better luck next week.
  3. svann Augur

Who said its 25%? I thought it was like 1%.
  4. Xyphen Maximum Augur

It's definitely not 1% unless we're looking at some kind of struck-by-lightning-three-times statistical event. I failed 4 of the raid combines in a row with 400 skill. Something is off.
  5. svann Augur

Are you saying you failed 4 combines or you lost 4 raid mats? Because failing the combine is not too unusual, but also losing the mat should be very low chance.
  6. Cloud the Third Augur

Need to bring back all tradeskill items are dropable and not requiring a no drop raid drop to make.
  7. smash Augur

Do not agree, the result of the combine if an aug, type 19. And well in TBL, it also came from trash loot, so no difference there.
    And failure is part of the game.
    Duder likes this.
  8. svann Augur

Oh. I think I see what you are saying. You mean to say you failed 4 combines and lost mats once and you think that means there is 25% chance of mats loss? One single loss is way too few to say 25%.
  9. Xyphen Maximum Augur

No, that's not what I'm saying. I think you're confusing what I said with who you quoted.

I failed 4 combines and lost the mats 4 times with 400/450 skill level. That strongly implies whoever is saying there's a 1% failure rate (99% success rate) on crafting the aug is incorrect.

In binomial probability, the likelihood of me failing 4 times with 400 skill and and a so-called 1% success rate is 0.00001. I removed a zero because of the random likelihood of failing a tradeskill combine no matter what. That means whoever says "it's just RNG" has probably gotten struck by lightning 2 or 3 times standing in the same spot.
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  10. svann Augur

That does sound very wrong.
    But what do you mean by 400/450 skill level? Afaik the max skill level is 395 including trophy. If you are mistaken and really have 300/350 (and no trophy) then I can see how you failed.
  11. Cadbane Journeyman

Moving on.... I just cleared a EW raid instance. No ore or Frozen Fate. I guess it is depressing if you are not guaranteed at least something.....
  12. Szilent Augur

It's my understanding that the augment combines can't even be attempted without at least 300 skill and a master's (6/7) trophy.

Anecdotally, those of my friends and guild mates with maximum skill (350 + GM trophy for 395 total) have experienced far fewer fails in the process of earring-making and in all the side combines.
  13. Marton Augur

350 and 7/7 trophy certainly helps. I had zero fails on earrings and side combines (done all except for the one requiring Hunter) but I attempted 2 t18 combines and I failed and lost 2 ores.
  14. Weebaaa Augur

Let me ask as someone who isn't there yet.
    When you say "cleared" do you do it as a guild, a group, or solo?
    What sort of time investment is this?
  15. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Generally group. The raid trash hits harder than the regular zone and has more hps, but is no more than yellow con or lower. All cc methods from the normal zone work on the raid trash as well, so it's pretty easy to keep only one mob beating on you at once.

There's about 60 mobs in the EW instance and 140ish in the GD instance. How much time … is how fast you can kill. I just spent 3 hours (definitely not non-stop) killing about 100 from a GD instance before I got disgusted with only one luck aug and zero ore and gave up.

As others have reported, the instances seem to swing wildly from having nothing/next to nothing and being good. I think the next to nothing is generally winning the day though.
  16. Weebaaa Augur

Thanks for the general idea, Cragzop. That's what I was looking for.
  17. Windance Augur

Single group clearing EW once and got nothing. Cleared EW once with 3 groups after raid got 1 luck / zero ore.

Single group clearing GD first time got 1 ore 1 luck. 2nd week got 6 ore and 2 luck.

The GD clear took several hours, in part because we were learning how to pull the trash in the caves and they hit really hard so any opps is fatal. Make sure you setup campfire at quest NPC because they don't work inside instance.

Overall the type 19 ore wasn't THAT bad to farm. You get to evolve your earring while doing it.

The type 18 ore is much worse since there is no 'farming' target.
  18. Cloud the Third Augur

Clearly you never played the game during that time because you totally missed what I was saying.
  19. Cloud the Third Augur

Honestly I think there may be a bug causing failures more often than they should be. I made 5 in a row with no failures before the last patch so if you are failing 4 times in a row something sounds wrong and I am to scared to use any of the ores I have because if it is bugged you aren't getting anything back.
  20. Xyphen Maximum Augur

I meant 395 (I was rounding up and forgot what actual max was).

I couldn't draw a correlation to the earring's combines as my skill levels vary, but they seemed on par with normal combines.