Fixed Internally Draught of the Craftsman fail on Crystallized Precious Velium Ore

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by NotUnique, Feb 18, 2020.

1. NotUnique New Member

Is this intentional? JC skill of 348. Purchased and clicked the potion, double checked to make sure the buff was on. Attempted three combines for Rallos Zek type-18 augs. One success and two failures, both failures resulted in a lost (not returned to inventory) Crystallized Precious Velium Ore. All other components returned but none of them are rare anyway.

Had I known the potion would not work, I would not have bothered to use it.
  2. RangerGuy Augur

Don't quote me but think it was the same in RoS? He had it set to some % fail otherwise the rare item was returned even on a fail. Which negated the craft potions effect.
  3. Cloud the Third Augur

Dev said it was a really low chance of lost on a combine but from what I have seen looks like it may be alot higher than they are thinking it should be.
  4. Moege Augur

I remember the stink it caused, do not remember if it was subsequently changed.
    @RangerGuy we remember correctly
    Result is that you are a fool to even buy that potion, it does nothing for some specific recipes.
  5. Sancus Augur

This was (supposedly) fixed as of 2/21/18:

Having such a rare drop be subject to failure to the extent that some people feel compelled to spend $25 on salvage potions to avoid that failure is pretty bad. The thread discussing drop rates had multiple people suggesting to use Draughts. If they don't work with the primary combine in the expansion with which you would want them to work, that probably should be clearer to prospective buyers than it is. I'd similarly want a refund if I lost a precious ore.
  6. Moege Augur

Fixed for the recovering of multiple amounts of ingredients not for the hardcoded % chance of outright failure (remember the flawless conflagrant diamonds being mentioned as a 1% chance, not finding that post and tired of looking).

Still stand by what I said you are a fool to use this potion. I do agree with you the description is at best misleading.
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  7. svann Augur

Getting fooled is not the same as being a fool.
  8. Moege Augur

Kinda true but we have know about this since RoS

PS I think its a pile of buffalo excrement that there is even outright fail %.
  9. Darchon_Xegony Augur

The Draught of Craftsman never should’ve been allowed to exist in the first place. They should just remove it from marketplace. Losing items on fails is part of the Tradeskill game, and it shouldn’t be avoided by opening your wallet.
    Nennius and GNOME_POWER like this.
  10. Cloud the Third Augur

Lets face it the worst thing they have done in this entire expansion was allowing you to lose 18/19 aug ore. At least the 18 ones are extremely rare and the 19 ones aren't that bad but still this is just plain stupid on their part. It would make sense I guess if they wanted to make money from those potions but with those potions doing nothing for them it is just stupid.

Knowing that this now doesn't work I want a refund for the price I paid for one of the potions when I did some of those aug combines because they didn't do anything.
    Yinla, Hitty and Hellowhatsyourname like this.
  11. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Marketplace description of the potion says "100% salvage" ... which is clearly NOT the case if people are losing items on combines even with a potion running. I, too, would want my $25.00 or 2500 station cash refunded to me.

Devs, please address this. There is zero reason for this.
  12. NotUnique New Member

CS did respond to petition but that only clarified that they either don't know what they are talking about or are intentionally misleading.

The answer given was that "the potion doubles your chance to salvage" but that is clearly not how it is worded. Also I don't believe that based on in game experience. I have used the potion a couple of times on alts (the progression in EOK that required TS) that had zero AA points in any TS and skill levels in the 20s, this resulted in many many failures and 100% of all materials were returned even when the chance to salvage should have been zero.

If the potion really was supposed to increase your salvage rate by 100% then the description should be changed to something less disingenuous. Perhaps "doubles your chance to salvage on a failed combine attempt". Of course, no one would waste DB cash buying the potion if that is how it worked.

I would agree that it should not be in the game if the intent is to have an unavoidable chance to fail, but is in game so I used it.
  13. Hitty Augur

lol.. I never had somebody at the support for years who had a clue what you are telling them or what issues the game has. In parts I am convinced that the support is an autobot which uses text blocks to make automatic answers.The only answers worth to read are the answers from GMs here in the forum. So I would like to have feedback here from the GMs which I would rely more on.

And paying such a high price as 25$ for a simple virtual thing which even does not do what it should (which I btw. expected too) is simply either a bug or a big rip off. This is nearly the price of an expansion and it should represent that.

Thanks for posting that. So I can avoid these quests and the payments as long as there is no statement or bugfix here.

And to call somebody a fool only because he trusts the company or their description.. no words for that one..
  14. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I had to make a diagram to make sure I had it right.

[IMG]

Hooray! I'm in group 3 on this one.
    enclee likes this.
  15. Zillax New Member

Happened to me as well. Draught of the Crafstman . Incrases your chance to salvage tradskill components by 100%. Means I will recover any materials I used in a failed combine 100% of the time. Potion Fail.
  16. Bederper Journeyman

The drop rate of the Crystallized Precious Velium Ore is the cause of the problem.
    Add the (higher than 'communicated') loss rate experienced of the CPVO in the Tradeskill (due to fail, alt fail, partial success, not recovered), gives us the symptom the 'Draught of the Craftsman problem'.

I don't mind there is risk of loss, but it seems (don't have a representative sample large enough to make a more definitive statement) that the fail / loss rate is higher than intended. However, even if the loss rate is fixed, the drop rate is way too low (for which there are enough data to evidence this)

Please address the symptom as priority, the loss rate is secondary.

Thanks
  17. svann Augur

I havent seen one drop in over a month of helping people do hunters.
    Chopin.Xegony likes this.
  18. Mintalie Augur

I've never seen one, and I've done hunters, all progression, and am on the 6th earring level. The drop rate is total BS.
  19. Moege Augur

8 named left in total, saw 1 drop
  20. Cloud the Third Augur

Don't try to farm the group version they are just way to hard to get. If you are not a raider just get the GD raid instance with a single group of people and clear the wurm caves (we did a full wurm cave clear with no healer and an sk tank all with raid gear, so you should be fine with a healer and slower in group gear). You can get decent exp and we normally get 3+ drops of ore or luck augs. We normally ignore the tizmak or just clear the outside ones due to it just being annoying but you could clear them too.

If you get lucky and get a group ore drop great but it is like the expansion wide rare drops they are to rare to camp so just camp the raid ones and ignore the group ones until they fix it.

I have made 3 group and 3 raid augs without failing but have max trophy, all aas, and max JC skill.